IGNORED

Kim and Villegas join European Tour

Note: This thread is 4659 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I know there is not going to be a big exodus from the PGA Tour, but I found this article interesting. http://tsn.ca/golf/story/?id=254135&...headlines_main

With the European Tour finishing in Dubai next year with a 'Tour Championship' like tournament where only the top guys get in called the Dubai world championship. http://edition.cnn.com/2007/SPORT/go...19/golf.dubai/

There may be more and more PGA Tour regulars playing more frequently on the European Tour. If this happens then their strategy will be paying off. Golf may be going even more global.

Great opportunity to compete against some great talent on some spectacular venues....my only reservation is that they don't burn out from an overloaded schedule.

We'll miss them on this side of the pond....but The Golf Channel usually provides good coverage of this "simply superior" tour.

This has nothing to do with Dubai, or money. The players are just begining to recognise that the European tour is simply superior.

lol what? I think european tour would be cool so it would allow you to experience life in different countries, but to say it is superior is ridiculous.

lrn2jkplz, the lot o ye.
I was joking, if you need help translating that (since you couldn't tell that I was joking, maybe you do...).

But since you said it, laconic517 , why is it ridiculous? I don't think the European tour is superior, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that such a statement is ridiculous.

It should really make for some exciting tournaments. Admittedly, I don't watch much European tour golf, even when it's aired, simply because I don't recognize many of the players. I'll tune in to more of them this next season though.

Dubai's on my wish list for amazing places to visit before I die. It's absolutely gorgeous.

I'll bet they are just going to be hiding their money there after the marxist gets elected

1. They didn't say anything about changing citizenship. They're playing the European Tour in addition to the PGA Tour.
  2. Can you please keep politics out of threads that are unrelated?
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This has nothing to do with Dubai, or money. The players are just begining to recognise that the European tour is simply superior.

Nice troll. Rating is 6/10, should be able to hook someone.

listen these guys play 7 euro events as it is. the 4 majors and 3 wgc are official european tour events. they only have to play in 5 more events in europe to gain membership on the euro tour. what is the big deal if the fbr open gets less top names in it. the colonial will suffer because there is a big euro tour event that week. so kim and villegas are going to have to find 5 more tournies to play in to get euro tour membership. really this is a non issue imo. they are not leaving the pga tour. those 7 events listed in the second sentence are pga tour events as well. plus with the fed ex cup that is potentially 4 more events on the pga tour. therefore they only need 4 more events to retain membership on the pga tour. arnie's, jack's and tiger's tournies with the player's championship should cover their pga tour requirements. plus they will play the buick invitational, northern trust at riviera and the wachovia. they need 15 tournies to retain membership on the pga tour.

listen these guys play 7 euro events as it is. the 4 majors and 3 wgc are official european tour events. they only have to play in 5 more events in europe to gain membership on the euro tour.

I don't think their prior involvement is even limited to these events. IIRC, the European Tour had an official event in Korea last year, and AK was there for it. Still, you're right - it isn't as though they're going to be playing 12 additional events in Europe each year.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally posted by Shindig 1. They didn't say anything about changing citizenship. They're playing the European Tour in addition to the PGA Tour. 2. Can you please keep politics out of threads that are unrelated?

Not to mention that Villegas isn't even an American citizen in the first place.

I think that there are multiple reasons for this, the race for Dubai is definitely one. Another is the fact that they Euro season is pretty much year round which will give them a chance to keep their game sharpe year round and to get a leg up in the world rankings on those who are not playing in those events. I think it is definitely a good thing and the only reason Tiger won't be doing it is because his time is literally worth more than everyone elses and he has too much on his plate to play those extra events in Europe. The fact that the Euro tour can pay appearance fees will also help for some of the top notch players

Note: This thread is 4659 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!