IGNORED

I bought the 905r, and I love it!

Note: This thread is 4640 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

A few days ago I posted a thread asking about the 905 r, well I wound up buying it, and couldn't be happier. I bought it somewhat on a whim. It was 120 dollars, and I've always wanted a titleist driver (or irons). It's 9.5 degrees of loft, with a stiff shaft. I took it to the range and was very impressed with it's distance. The noise it makes is very intriguing as well. I hit it back and fourth with my XLS (far to knew for me to have gotten another driver) and on dead center hits the 905 was considerably further. Anyways just commenting on how much I love this new/old club!

Congratulations man! It's nice to see someone get the club they always wanted. Was considering that along with the 983K but it'll take sometime to get one after i just got a Nickent 3DX square driver and still have in my bag an old callaway steelhead III sitting next to my MX-560.

Enjoy the game!

Thanks for the info King Cobra II. I have been considering this driver for a few weeks now, and I just love the way it sets up. If I figure out the best shaft for this head for me, I'll be sure to grab one on ebay if I see one. Gotta get a driver soon, tired of 3 wood off every tee!

BM-Chicks dig the driver. But your score card probobly likes the 3 wood a bit more haha

Good job on the 905!! I too play the R with a Grafalor EPIC shaft..Great head, easy to maneuver around, left, right, high, low, anything; sets up great, makes a much nicer sound, and has a much more solid feeling compared to my SQ, which i still use for my local muni, where bombs are much more useful than FW's. My 905 doesnt go quite as far, but i also chopped it an inch to 44 inches, WHich i can really recomend to those of you who dont find the fairway to often) and shes just deadly accurate.

Get fitted tho, I found out the v2 was just a schoche too little torque and lowball flight, and my meidum ball flight with a hint of draw is back! i love it!

Ditto the praise for the 905R. I had gone to a demo day last year and hit all the new drivers (Titleist, Taylormade, Ping, Cleveland, Cobra) and kept returning to the Titleist tent. I wasn't crazy about their new, larger drivers, but loved the 905 with the V2 shaft, stiff flex.

It was hard to find any of the 905R's around town that had the V2 shaft, but I finally located one at Golf Galaxy in it's sale barrel ($199 back then, probably less now). I grabbed it, along with some other 905s with other brands of shafts and went to their indoor launch monitor. The monitor confirmed that the V2 was the right shaft for me, so I bought it.

Since then, I couldn't be more pleased with the 905. My fairways hit % went up, which translated into lower scores. I have since bought the 906 F2 3-wood (also with the V2 shaft). It hits great, too!

Note: This thread is 4640 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!