IGNORED

Nike Sumo2 Squared/Callaway BB 460/Cobra Speed F

Note: This thread is 4391 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Wow.. Those are very different clubs.

Have the Sumo2 5900 and put the prolaunch red in it and am seeing pretty good results. Pretty straight and decent distance with the head/shaft combo.

If you like the Sumo, I'd also add a 4th to the list.. The Callaway FT-i. I have the FT-i and like it as well. It goes further than the Sumo by 10-20 Yds, but has a higher dispersion rate for *me*. Of the 2, the Sumo fits *me* better, but the FT-i is a very popular club.

Enjoy the game!

I play the Nike and like it. I had a TM r7 Draw before I bought the Nike and I'd say I hit both clubs roughly the same distance. The Nike does seem to be a bit straighter for me and more forgiving on misshits. That's what it is designed for and I have to say that it fulfills that role nicely. I seriously doubt it's fundamentally better than any other name brand driver out there. What I did was shop based upon design criterion and then price. I bought the Nike new from Dicks after it went on sale.

I play the Sumo Squared and really like it. It has a pretty straight ball flight...but it won't fix a crooked swing. I fought a nasty slice when I got it and have finally straightenend it out now as I was swinging out to in for a month or two. I must say that I'm getting the distance and control that I was looking for.

I think that the cobra LD f Speed is an amzing club, I hit my friends. The nike is decent to but it is atleas 10 yards shorter than the cobra. I have hit the big bearth many times and every time I hit is I just hated it, so I would probably go with the cobra.

I don't really care for the Big Bertha and I haven't hit the Sumo Squared. but the Cobra F-Speed is an awesome club. I demo'd one a couple weeks and I love it. It's long and accurate. If you don't mind the sound it makes (like an aluminum bat hitting a flag pole), then I would go with it.

Good luck.

If you like the nike I'd recommend you try the cleveland XLS. This was recommended to me when I was decided between a series of drivers not to different from what you're trying. The XLS wasn't the longest driver I demoed but it had the highest average.

• 3 months later...
i hit the 5900, but im also horrible, and im in love with it. effortless tee shots that go yard for me. As i said im horribly new, but im definately out driving everyone in my group, and they all have years on me.

Another vote against Big Bertha 460. I owned one for a while and just never liked the way it felt. Of the 3, I would probably go with the Nike Sumo Squared because I'm also not a big fan of Cobra drivers (at least so far, though I would like to try the S9). I just do not like the way the feel. To me, they just seem to have a 'muted' feel that doesn't feel right to me.

I have tried the Callaway and it was just not the right fit for me. SW in the high 90's. Can't say anything abou the Nike. Cobra has been in the bag for 2 years now, and I love it just as much today as I did when it went into the bag. Long, straight, easy to hit, just a great club. You do need to know that the original version is obnoxiously loud. I am quite certain that they turned down the volume for it's 2nd year, but you just need to be aware. It doesn't bother me at all, when i get to walk by all my buddies after the first tee. good luck.

Note: This thread is 4391 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!