IGNORED

Best driver out there

Note: This thread is 4431 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm thinking of getting a new driver but i can't decide. So what is the best driver out there.

Your gonna ask that question? Seriously? Go hit some clubs.

What is good for me could be horrible for you and vice versa.

I am going to bring my driver to the golf store and pick several driver I might consider and hit them all on the machine, launch monitor and see what gives me the best results that I am looking for then hit the final 2 drivers on the driving range and decide.

I'm thinking of getting a new driver but i can't decide. So what is the best driver out there.

That's an objective/subjective question that no one can honestly answer without it being contested. No one here swings the big stick, exactly the way you do. With your player profile in mind, do some research. Get a list of clubs and shafts in mind that you believe are best suited to you. Go get try these out (though don't necessarily limit yourself to the list you made). Have an experienced fitter fit you, and choose the one that is best for you, which likely won't be the one I consider the best or best for me. Perhaps once you have a list you can ask for specific opinions on certain club heads or shafts or for anecdotal experiences, but until then your question in it's current state serves no use. I'm going to refrain from giving specific suggestions because it reinforces the notion that there is a hierarchy of clubs simply based on the name stamped on the sole. Good luck.

What's best: chocolate....vanilla.....peach.....apple....????? There are tons of options out there.

Go to a reputable full service golf store and find out what the top sellers are and you go from there. I'm very partial to my driver....however I'm sure there's another out there that is just as hot.....

You might want to wait and try a Nike Dymo when it comes out (January?).

i really hope you wern't serious...i hit the dynamo, and it was terrible...pretty much like all nike clubs except the sv wedges.

I have a niche for the r7 425.. I have been calling it "the greatest driver ever made" still to this day. Reason being is that it is soo versitale in terms of maneuverability. Especially in maybe the best Cubic Centimeter driver ever at 425 cc's...It won a ton on tour and is still in a lot of players bags. To me it was the best ever made.

Recommend you go to rankmark.com and look at the test of drivers by handicap. There is an archive going back about 5 years. Realistically, most any driver in the last 5 years 425cc's and up will serve you well. I recommend you get a square faced driver and lessons. Once you learn to hit a driver square, the rest of them are all variations on the same theme. I chased the magic driver for years. Finally, a retired Golfsmith master clubmaker asked the magic question; do you ever want to be a good golfer? If the answer is yes, invest in lessons and grooving your swing. Avoid, draw, super draw, etc. Someone recommended an R7 425; would be a good option to start with and once you groove your swing put the weights to neutral. Good Luck.

Don't overlook the Mizuno MP-600. I personally hit it further and straighter than the Taylormade Tour TP that I had my heart set on when I went to the store. It was $200 cheaper as well. Just go and hit several and you may find one that surprises you.

What's best: chocolate....vanilla.....peach.....apple....?????

Chocolate.

You've got to test clubs out. Any good golf course should have demo drivers for you to hit on their range. Forget the golf store launch monitor. Go to the range and get real/personal feedback.

Note: This thread is 4431 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!