IGNORED

Your 2009 Personal (Golf) Goals

iacas
Note: This thread is 5308 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

By the end of this summer, I want to be shooting in the high 80s consistently at your standard 6,300 yard public course. Wish me luck!!

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MY GOALS:

1) Just like iacas, I want to practice more. Golf or range every morning along with working out and getting in better shape.
2) Handicap to at least a +2.0. Right now im a +1.0 and would like to continually shoot under par at my home course. 7100 yards. 73.1/136 or so.
3) Qualify for the pub links match play.
4) Win 2 tournaments with the head pro at my course.
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

1. Hit the big dog more consistently
2. Shave my 5 throw away strokes
3. Play boring fairway-green golf!
Driver Super Quad 10.5
3 Woodhibore xl
irons3-pw AP2
Wedges52 and 56 SV
PutterFuturaBall330-s

1. Break 80
2. Get my putts per round down to 32.
3. Hit greens with 8-9-pw.
4. Fairways over 55%.
Bag: Flight SS
Driver: 10.5* r5 draw with Pro Launch blue 65 Stiff
Irons: CCi Forged 3i-pw
Wedges: 56* CG12 black pearl and 60* low bounce RTG 900
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...

This is my first crack at actually writing down and tracking my goals over a yearly basis so bear with me.

• Adjust to my new equipment. I'm one of those guys who keep clubs for years. It had been nearly 10 years since I changed out any clubs when I totally overhauled my entire bag last fall. There is going to be an adjustment period, make it a short one.
  • Practice more. I believe that this should be a goal for pretty much everybody, especially me. Specifically I need more consistent practice on the short game.
  • Get back into positive numbers. I've had my handicap as low as +2.8 and was able to keep it there for a number of years. I haven't been able to practice/play nearly as much lately but have done a pretty good job at maintaining a respectable handicap. That said, I do miss the days of explaining how a +2 handicap is different than a 2. It's time I got that number back to the + side of things.
  • Better course management. This is an area that I've improved on a lot over the years. I always look back on my highschool days and wonder just how good I could have been if I would have had the sense to check my ego at the door and play smart. Even though this is an area that I've made great strides in, there is always room for improvement. Perhaps some additional "thinking outside of the box" and doing a better job of setting things up for the next shot.
  • Short game, short game, short game. I've got to improve my short game. This is an area that has really slipped over the past few years. Had it not been for my iron play, my handicap would have gone up quite a bit more. I especially need to improve my sand game, I'm not there very often (which likely adds to the problem) but when I am a sand save is almost unheard of.
  • Play some competitive golf. It's been a while since I played any serious tournaments. I want to get back into playing for more than just bragging rights. I love the nature of competitive golf and miss it quite a bit.
  • Best shot tournament: To (somewhat) contradict my previous statement, there is a best shot tournament that I play in every year with my dad. We've done this for a number of years and neither of us has ever played at the top of our game for this tournament. Although it's just for charity/fun, it would still be nice to post a good number. We've finished second or third almost every year and never played our best. I'd like to change that this time around.
  • Get in better shape. Although not directly golf related, I'd like to lose a few lbs and get in better overall physical shape. It's not going to hurt my golf to do this so I'm including it here.
  • Some stats: Score (avg):

Yonex Ezone Type 380 | Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro | Miura 1957 Irons | Yururi Wedges | Scotty Cameron Super Rat | TaylorMade Penta

1. Practice more, I intend to join I club that I drive by to and from the office so I hopefully I can stop by there twice a week or so and work on my game.

2. Get better at shots under 100 yards, I really struggle with generating height and spin on less than full wedge shots.

3. Get handicap to 0.

4. Try out a hybrid and figure out what club I can drop to make room for one if I like it.

5. Play more competitive tourneys, not get nervous about them and play to my ability in them.

G15 9* w/Aldila Serrano 63S
FT 4 wood w/ Aldila NVS 75S
i15 20* hybrid w/UST Mamiya Avix Core Tour Red 84S
4-PW MP-57 w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 (+0.5")
52, 56 and 60 degree MP-10 Satin w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge FlexStudio Stock #4, BB25, Fastback 1.5 or Backstryke Blade..... @ 34"P...

After taking 2 years off the game I'm looking to get my hdcp back down near scratch.

Win a tournament with a good field.

Shoot in the 60s more than once.

Driver - TaylorMade R7 425
3-Wood - Callaway Original Steelhead
Irons - Ben Hogan 3-PW Apex FTX, Rifle 6.5
Wedges - Titleist Vokey 52, 56, and 60
Putter - Scotty 2004 Newport Beach 1.5

I have recently gotten back into playing after a 5yr hibernation! My goals are pretty simple:

Get back into a groove and learn how to hit my driver
Keep my score under 100 and break into the 80's
Enjoy myself while I am out there!

LD F Speed 9.5 Driver Stiff
MX 700 3W Stiff
MP Fli Hi 2, 3, 4
MP 52 5i-9i
MP-T 47.06, 51.06, & 58.10 White Hot XG Teron Putter ProV1x ShoesQUOTE:"I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones" - Terry "The Wedge Guy" Koehler

My goals for 2009 are to get serious about Golf. I have played only a few times a year since I first started Golfing 4 years ago. This year I want to practice more and try to play more rounds as well. I also am having problems with a slice and want to get rid of that. I also have a six year old daughter that is geeeting into the game and i want to encourage her to golf as well.

Mark

My pathetic bag that will hopefully be updated by next Spring.
5 Wood: Palm Springs
3-P Irons: Palm Springs
56deg Sand Wedge: Upswing Golf
58/10 Lob Wedge: Nike Victory Red Putter: Odyssey two ball putter srt Ball: Top Flight D2 Feel

- Break 70
- Get Handicap to Scratch
- Win 5 tournaments (high school or my junior tour)
- Qualify for High School State Championship
- Earn Conference player of the year
- Run a mile in /emoticons/tongue.png" title="Tongue"/>
- This summer, Monday-Friday I want to be able to follow this:
7:00- stretch and warmup until 7:30
7:30- workout until 8:30
8:30- eat breakfast until 9:15
9:30- hit 100 balls until 10:15
10:15- practice short-game until 11:30
11:30- eat lunch until 12:30
12:30- Play nine holes until 1:45
1:45- Hit 100 more balls until 2:30
2:30- Chill until 3 or 3:30
3:30- Practice short game some more until 4:30
4:30- Play nine more holes until 4:45
5:00- Work on problems from previous nine holes until 6:00
6:00- whatever....

Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5* with Prolaunch Blue S| Adams InSight XTD A3 15* FW | Adams IDEA a3 hybrid irons | Callaway 52* X-Tour Forged wedge | Titleist Bob Vokey SM56* | PING Day putter

Favorite Ball: Srixon Z Star X

Home Course: Majestic Pines GCage: 16

My goal's

-Get Accepted into PGM course
-Lower my handicap to 4.5 or better
-Shoot par or better ONCE!
- putts per hole average under 1.8

My Sticks:

909DCOMP 9.5° Titleist Matrix Ozik XCON-6
Fairway Burner 15.5° RE*AX TP 75g
Rescue TP 19° ZB Forged w/ Project X 6.0Scratch 52° TNC Grind Wedge, Polished Chrome FinishScratch 58° TNC Grind Wedge, Polished Chrome Finish Catalina Classic Limited Edition HX Tour ix

My Goals for 2009 are as follows (and subject to constant change)

Get down to a 2.8 handicap or less
Get on the second team at golf college
Increase clubhead speed by 5 mph
Continue to get high marks in my golf coaching degree
Continue to live life to the full.... don't waste time... if I have a free 45 minutes I should be doing something with it, not just browsing through facebook or ironically, wasting time on forums.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

Cut down on mental errors. Throw closer darts at the pin from 100 and in.

MP-57 3-PW
907 D1
CG-12 *56
Vokey sm *60
Tight Lies 3 woodSeeMore MFGP putter

- Break 100 consistently
- Break 90 at least once
- Bring handicap below 23
- Reduce blow-up holes to one per round or less (blow-up = par+4)

Results of Goals for 2008:

- Learn to play. Hah! Check
- Build a consistent swing Check
- Break 100 Check
- Birdie a hole Not in 2008, but recently
- Get fairways hit to 20% Check and mate > 50%

get rid of my driver yips
consistently hit the long clubs the way I used to be able to
learn how to control spin properly instead of just guessing
get to a 6 HC and below.
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

My goal is to win 7 out of 8 of our conference individually
5 out of 8 as a team
Win Conference
Win Sectionals
Place At State
Get a + Handicap

Driver Tour Burner 9.5*
3 Wood Burner High Launch 14.5*
Hyrbid Burner Tour Launch 20*
Irons: R7 4-PW
Wedges: CG12 50* 56* Vokey Spin Milled 60*Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2Backup: 2-ball XG Center ShaftBall: Pro V1xAge: 16

Note: This thread is 5308 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!