IGNORED

Your 2009 Personal (Golf) Goals

iacas
Note: This thread is 5307 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

As I have done the past couple years i am breaking my goals into two groups: Personal and League.

Personal:
Drop my H.C. to 12 or lower . That would be a five shot drop and I think it is achievable this year.

Practice more : This could easily be labeled Practice some. Last year I rarely got to the range or hit balls. My schedule was crazy. Now that I am a teacher I get 10 weeks off for the Summer. I plan to work on at least some aspect of my game 5-6 days each week.

Break 40 at White Lake Oaks : I have hit 40 on the nose a handfull of times and 41 even more times.

Get back into shape : I spent the last 15 years in the fitness industry, but let my workouts take a back seat. I have said for years if you want to cut back on your workouts just start managing gyms. Teaching is not the most active of jobs, but I have joined a gym for the first time in years. I am on Spring Break right now and have been 4 days in a row. I actually have even more reason to do this. I had a physical on Tuesday and my cholesterol and triglycerides are through the roof. I started meds yesterday. I am down 5 pounds since the start of break, but still up from where I have been for most of the last 5 years. The fitness thing is actually easy for me. I tend to respond quickly and actually love working out.

Birdie #13 at White Lake and #1 at Heather Highlands : These are the only two holes that I play regularly that I have never birdied.

Have more fun : I think this will happen as I spend more time on my game. Fun for me is shooting low scores and winning matches.

League:

Much the same as last. Most of these were met but one major one eluded me.

League Champs : My wife and I had our best year ever individually. Both our averages were our best ever. However this did not always translate to wins. We lost on position night when my wife made a tripple on the last. Double would have won it outright. I birdied the last to make up 3 shots but we needed to take all 6 points to win. In her defense I crapped the bed the previous week to put us in that spot.

Low Men's Average : I have held this title for three straight years, but we picked up a new player this year who I have never plaed with. All I know is he is "good."

Average below 38 : You may look at my handicap and think what the Hell? We play a course that is 31 par. I actually had a chance to finish last year at 37.9 but finished with a 41 and 39 to kill my chances.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow... 2009 goals...

80 rounds of golf at my club. I work a 4 on, 4 off schedule, and im single this summer, so I get lots of time to play.

rounds at 10 other golf clubs (3 booked in Prince Edward Island for june).

Hit the range every day that i work. 200 balls minimum. Putting green before every round.

Birdie my first hole.

Shoot under 85 consistently.

NO THREE PUTS! NONE! ZERO! I know its impossible, but something to shoot for.

I have already accomplished one goal. Custom fitted clubs. Im tall with big thick hands and broad shoulders. My new G10 Irons, wedges, and hybrids should be in before the end of next week. Im expecting this to make a difference in at least a few strokes, as I was very uncomfortable with off the rack Nike Slingshots I have. I used a rental set from the pro shop last year close to what I needed, and my best game so far. 86

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

shoot under par for 18 holes

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

1. New Clubs (Just Have to Decide)
2. Kill my occasional Slice
3. Currently adjusting ym swing to be moe consisntent, when I really hammer it off the Teebox
4. Practice putting (Ive been slacking and its seriously killing my scores)

My goals for 2009 are to break 70, practice more and get really tight with my short game. I think I will spend at least an hour a day working on these things. My other goal is to work on forgetting about the last shot...and focusing on "this shot".

Callaway FT-9
Callaway Squareway 3
Callaway Squareway 5
Callaway Hawkeye VFT irons
Callaway Forged plus 52
Titleist Vokey 56 bent to 55
Titleist Vokey 58
Odyssey White Steel #1

my current average is 89 per round

shoot a round in the 70s
GIR up to 60%
1.5 average putting
Play in my city's men's tournament in the fall.

lofty but goals are goals!

Even though I am 4 months late, as a novice golfer, I do have some goals for this year.
  • Make the best of my practice with an instructor.
  • Practice by myself daily.
  • Take my time on each and every shot.
  • Shoot a 75 or lower.

Get to the range a couple times per week, hit the course every other week with my dad, continue to pick up the game fast and have a lot of fun!

Cobra GT stand bag
Cobra S9-1 F Speed
Ben Hogan Apex Edge 3-PW
Titleist Vokey Wedges 56, 60

Well this is only my second year so I'm not going to go too crazy on goals. I just started last year and most people say I'm a natural because at the end of the summer I was shooting consistently under 95 on about 5 different courses in the area. Most people wouldn't consider them crazy hard courses, but it was fun none the less.

My Goals:
I played on average probably 4 days a week at the local course and I would like to try to repeat that this year.
I want to get on the range more as this is the only way to become consistent really.
My biggest goal is to get rid of my slice with the driver and I have made some good progress early in this season already.
Another goal is to limit 3 putts. I am pretty good at good speed and lines, but my short putts are what kill my scores.

In my Ozone stand bag:
Driver: 909 D2 9.5
3 Wood: MT-15
Irons: 1025-C 3-P
Gap: Spin Milled 52-06 Oil-CanSand: Spin Milled 56-08 RawLob: Spin Milled 60-13 Oil-CanPutter: AntiguaBall: Z-Star X

I have played baseball for 20 years, and this is the first year I am taking golf seriously. Right now I shoot in the mid-high nineties. My goals for 09 are as follows:

1. Break 90
2. putt low-mid thirties / 18
3. Be more consistent with my drives

What's in my bag:
9.5 degree FT-iQ Tour with x-stiff Fubuki shaft
C455 3-Wood
Apex Edge CFT Hybrid Set w/stiff graphite
Voke Spin Milled 52 deg. Wedge Parallax 56 deg. Wedge Vokey Spin Milled 60 deg. Wedge White Hot XG 2-Ball Lined putter B-330 Tour balls

Just get better. I'd like to consistently play in the high 80's/low 90's. Towards that end, I finally replaced my 20 year old irons with a set of Callaway FT's that I was able to get through my club pro shop for $800 (4-PW), picked up a new driver (I've been using my old metal woods which are standard old fashioned sized) - the new Nike SQ Str8-Fit, which I also got a great deal on at our recent club demo day.

AND, most importantly, take some lessons and spend more time on the practice tee. Being a member of a club provides unlimited use so I've go no excuses.

My major two goals:

Go a game with out loosing one ball, make it over the ravine on the 9th hole at my local golf course.

Small goals but they would cut down on the beatings i get from the wife when i have to buy new balls...

My first goal is to slow down my swing. Everytime I actively concentrate on it I hit a better shot. Maybe then I can pursue my second goal of being a single digit handicap.

1) Get USGA Handicap
2) Enter Tournament Near End of season to measure how swing does under pressure
3) Stick to course management instead of just seeing how far i can launch the ball

Having fun will be my #1 goal this year, and play with more friends. I am a very popular golfer at work, because I help folks learn the game, but this can be frustrating when you are trying to concentrate on your own game. My biggest goal is to be consistent with the irons, 6-pw, as I play a 3,5,7, and 9 wood. I am always working on my short game as I know how important this can be. There is nothing better to me than converting a chip or pitch to a up and down par, awesome.

the short game equalizes everything
FT-5 Draw 10.5
NVG woods 3,5,7,9
Orlimar 4hy
Wilson DI-5 Irons 6-pwTurner wedge 51* bent to 53*TM TP 54* SW bent to 57*Wilson Kirk Currie #2 Mid MalletLaddie X

Note: This thread is 5307 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!