IGNORED

Your 2009 Personal (Golf) Goals

iacas

Note: This thread is 4391 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Focus on my swing (keep head still, let hips start the downswing, NO OUT TO IN)

2. Hit GIR 8 times in a round consistantly

3. Break 85 by December

4. Improve flexibility with stretches and excersises daily

5. Play as often as possible while maintaining good grades in what will be a tough semester

1) Break 90

Reached my goal this year.

I've broke 90 twice (shot 86 both times). The key has been working on the short game, somewhat, at the range.. instead of pounding driver and irons. On both 86 rounds, my putts per hole were 1.78 and 1.72

1. Move up from 9th to 6th on my golf team
2. Lower my handicap to a 3.
3. Work on putting and eliminate the 3 putts, and have more 1 putts
4. Work on overall swing and ballstriking.
5. Develop a workout routine and get ready for next season

At the start of spring I was shooting in the low 100’s, then I got it down into the 90’s, now I’m in the high-mid 80’s……I usually shoot in the low-mid 90’s but I take a winter break.

Accomplishments in a single round to break 80:
1. FIR on all par 4&5’s….well maybe not all, but most
2. Not a single 3 putt
3. No blow-up holes….I usually have 1 or 2 a round were I double
4. Making a birdie on at least 2 holes

1. get my driver on a 1 plane swing
2. be able to hit a controlled slice better
3. work the ball around hazzards into pins
4. have a round with less than 25 putts
5. hit 16 greens in regulation
6. shoot in the 60s

1) Iron out swing faults. Everyone has this, so I'll hold the description.

2) Become more consistent. Pounding a drive can wait, I'd like the ability to be able to hit the same club the same distance every time. Short game++

3) Break 90. I get the feeling that if I achieve 2), or work hard at 2), this will follow very shortly after.

4) Less of a thing to put work into, but just get braver. I'll never attempt a shot that could possibly result in a hazard or OB. Balls to the wall approaches over danger DO work, and they yield results. So I guess 4) is actually "grow a pair".

1. Improve my driving.
2. Remember to slow my swing down, dont let my hands and arms go faster then my hips and club.
3. Stop swinging from out to in.
4. Did i say slow my swing down.

All have to do with my Driving this year. My putting and iron play has been awesome.

practice more I need to improve my swing and slice the ball alot less
go to the golf course more I don't get out that much. I would like to get out more

my bag includes
big bertha driver
3,5 wood
1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 Iron
SQ Sumo2 Hybrid
sand and pitching wedge
putter
pro V1 balls
burner balls
Callaway Tour Authentic Diablo Staff Bag

I've just started taking this serioulsy. I picked it up 10 years ago for work, played in a few company outings...bet never really clicked with it.

In July I took a series of lessons at one of Hank Haney's schools....

Goals for '09
Build a swing, make it solid and repeatable, get no slice, distance secondary
Play a round of business golf without embarrasing myself
Break 100
Break 90
Play at least 2X per week
Complete Pelz Short game and putting bibles and incorporate them into a proper practice regime

I posted my goals earlier, and it is time for some self-evaluation:

1. I have not been as consistent as in past years.

2. I have won some big matches, but not won any tournaments (second place, though).

3. The results listed in #1 and 2 are because I have not been able to practice 4-5 times a week like I normally do. Now, the problems (off the golf course) are behind me, and I have resumed a good practice schedule.

4. Here in Central New York, we have one month left in the season so I want to finish the season on a good note. I will play in 3 or 4 tournaments and a few matches, so I will concentrate on them.

Note: This thread is 4391 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.