IGNORED

Your 2009 Personal (Golf) Goals

iacas

Note: This thread is 4398 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Practice: 6 hours a week when I don't play, 4 hours when I do. Be deliberate in my practice. Think about balance, rhythm and patience, not just technique. Make putting 18% of my practice time.

Mental: Stay in the present. Visualize rounds before I play and shots before I swing. Commit to each shot before I swing.

Keep stats - I just bought Scorecard

Golf Tournaments - Win club champ, shoot even par or better in US Open and US Am qualifiers, qualify for the US Mid AM, finish in the top 10% of the South Carolina state am and win the Hilton Head Am.

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok my goals are
1) to get down to a 1 handicap or below
2) to finish in the top 2 every tourney i play in this year
3) to help my team at least be a contender for state (we are a very small school)
4) shoot at least one or two rounds below par 72
5) have more fun
6) play more rounds. ( instead of one or two per week, maybe 3 or 4 per week, if my homework allows.)
7) turn 15!!

I just want to break 90. Then 85. I just started playing in July of '08 after I retired. I just know I can score better.

I don't know if it's retirement or golf but I'm having the best time of my life.

I've never been much of a stats guy, but this is the year I'm going to commit to focusing on a couple of simple stats and trust that they'll drive a better result......

FIR's < 65%
GIR's < 50%
Putts < 33

Overall I'd like to see at least one sub-par round and a handicap index below 4.5.......all with an absolute minimum of 50 rounds played.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Make my putting stroke consistent and automatic....

Use my legs more as leverage in my swing rather than have them so passive....

Hit every fairway....

Last but not least.....Win the City Championship....

Improve my short game. Chipping and putting. And I did make progress towards the end of the year. I going to spend most of my extra time around the practice green. I'm a 6.5 HC and think I can get to 5 with just a little improvement here.

This goal is probably a bit lofty and chances are it won't happen (at least anytime soon) barring a so called "miracle round". But here goes:

My dad was an awesome golfer in his days fresh out of college. I worked at a country club as an assistant professional and played in some small events as well. His best round ever was a 63 at the Eisenhower Air Force golf course (i believe, the name is probably not quite right though).

To put it simply, I want to beat that

Break 80....far too many 80-85's, need to break mental barrier
Practice....at least two sessions, 2 hours each, weekly
Play.....at least every other week, regardless of work schedule
Leave...tough holes behind me - one shot at a time, leave the past behind

Note: This thread is 4398 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!