• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • Leaving the reactionaries aside, I think I'm in the minority. I love the name but really don't like the logo. I love the name because it makes me think of a sort of mystical king's guard. Like, never f*** with us. It's always a mistake. The logo strikes me as too Jesus-y.
    • The problem with your argument is the fact that “Indian” is not a tribe. Rather, it’s an inaccurate and derogatory term because the folks historically designated with the moniker are not Indians. Conversely, teams named Seminoles, Braves, Blackhawks, Aztecs, Chiefs, etc. are not offensive or derogatory terms to most reasonable people, and therefore, tend to be acceptable names, unlike “Indians” or “red skins.” 
    • I had 11 clubs in the bag for a long time and recently bought a twelfth club.  But realistically I would only use about 7 to 8 clubs on a regular basis. Driver, 2h (just purchased and not played yet), 4h, maybe 7 to PW, SW or LW when I needed a flop or bunker shot and the putter of course
    • Well......the intent (or what I interpret as the intent) of naming a team is to create a certain image, and for sports this often means an image which suggests bravery, a fighting spirit, strength, etc. In and of itself, I don't agree that an entire population of a certain tribe is demeaned because a sports team chose to name itself after the tribe's warriors.  How the team chooses to depict the warriors.....that can be demeaning, as was clearly the case with the Indians' imagery of their former team namesakes.  I still don't entirely agree that it is wrong or demeaning to name a sports team after some class of warriors. It's a game, a sport, it's marketing, etc etc. The native tribes living today often bear no resemblance whatsoever to their warrior past.  What matters most is what the involved people think, however, and so in the end what I think doesn't really matter, as I'm not a member of an indigenous tribe. If I owned the Cleveland baseball team, I would rename it if I really believed it was hurtful or demeaning to a defined class of people. A few people feeling offended wouldn't be enough for me; you can't please everyone. 
  • Today's Birthdays

1. chriswuk
      chriswuk
      (30 years old)
    2. Gero
      Gero
      (78 years old)
    3. nettscore
      nettscore
      (50 years old)
    4. RandMart3
      RandMart3
      (69 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...