IGNORED

"Established Member" Usergroup

iacas
Note: This thread is 1540 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Wow...thirty days before I can post a thread? You guys must not want new members.

I just wanted to get some information on a partial set of clubs I just bought, and maybe find someone on here that would like to sell the ones I'm missing in that set. So far I have wasted an hour of my time answering inane questions, just to find out I have to wait a month for the opportunity to ask a simple question about a set of Staffs I bought. Thanks for wasting my time guys, I'll just find another site.

• Administrator
Wow...thirty days before I can post a thread?...

... in The Marketplace.

You can post a thread everywhere else after you make three posts (or wait five days).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
I clicked that link, looked everywhere, and I still don't see an option to change my title. (unless this site knows I'm a hacker..... that's scary)

You're not an Established Member yet. You have to be an Established Member before you can change your user title.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

You're not an Established Member yet. You have to be an Established Member before you can change your user title.

What is considered an Established Member?

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

I've created a promotion and a new user group today, the "Established Member" usergroup. In addition to some added privileges (I can't remember offhand what they were, but they include things like uploading your own animated avatar, changing your user title, etc.), "Established Members" can start threads in the Marketplace.

said everything on the first page

r7 draw driver 9.5* stiff shaft
Big bertha 06 irons, 4-sw
56*vokey spin milled 10*bounce
Victoria ;)
tp black balls cart bagJack nicklaus Golden Bear 52* and 60* wedgesWalter hagen: 3 wood 5 wood 4 hybrid stiff shaft"I don't say my golf game is bad, but if I grew tomatoes they'd come up sliced."www...

Is there a place where I can see my reputation and see what people have provided as feedback?

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

• Administrator
Is there a place where I can see my reputation and see what people have provided as feedback?

http://thesandtrap.com/forum/usercp.php

• 4 months later...
  • Administrator
New today, people who are in the Established Member group can see WHO left them reputation comments.

• 11 months later...
I've been here a while, have quite a few posts and haven't gotten any rep points. Seems a bit ridiculous. I know it's not my forum, and it's not my rules, but it's a bit disheartening.

R9 9.5*
MP630 3 Wood
MP630 CLK Hybrid 17*
MP-32 3-pw Rifle Project X 6.0
56*10 satin & 60*10 oil can Method #1

• Administrator
I've been here a while, have quite a few posts and haven't gotten any rep points. Seems a bit ridiculous. I know it's not my forum, and it's not my rules, but it's a bit disheartening.

You have 10 reputation comments, only two of which are positive and which balance out to -10, knocking away the 10 reputation points you started with.

Comments like this have not helped you, as at least one person (not me) gave you negative reputation for it. http://thesandtrap.com/forum/threads...382#post197382

You have 10 reputation comments, only two of which are positive and which balance out to -10, knocking away the 10 reputation points you started with.

So the way that other members interpret my opinion is the basis for evaluating my credibility as a potential buyer or seller of equipment? That seems a bit absurd when examined through a macro lense.

I'm not arguing because I want you to change it, as I understand that you are trying to weed out unscrupulous sellers who are here to only use the market place, but is that the best way to go about it? A member could have contrasting views about golf that the vast majority of members don't agree with, should he or she be barred from doing business from other members purely based on his or her view points? It's fine that my rep is -10, but I wish I had been alerted everytime I recieved a reputation comment like a majority of other fourms have as a default.

R9 9.5*
MP630 3 Wood
MP630 CLK Hybrid 17*
MP-32 3-pw Rifle Project X 6.0
56*10 satin & 60*10 oil can Method #1

• Administrator
So the way that other members interpret my opinion is the basis for evaluating my credibility as a potential buyer or seller of equipment? That seems a bit absurd when examined through a macro lense.

I disagree.

It has nothing to do with your "credibility" as a buyer or seller. It has to do with the fact that we charge nothing to use the site, and we take no commission and charge nothing for the privilege of selling things to fellow members, which makes being able to start a thread in the Marketplace a PERK of being at least a decent chap who has had a net LOSS of 5 or fewer reputation points since joining. You're still welcome to buy and to post responses in existing threads. Again, it has little or nothing to do with unscrupulous sellers (though we've been fortunate and haven't had even one) and everything to do with giving a "perk" to a member of the community who isn't here just to take advantage of the fact that we don't charge for the Marketplace. Your comments about disagreeing don't hold water. I look at a lot of reputation comments from day to day and rarely do people give positive reputation points just for agreeing and negative ones for disagreeing. So rare I can't remember the last time I had to delete a reputation comment for doing so.
It's fine that my rep is -10

Your reputation is 0.

but I wish I had been alerted everytime I recieved a reputation comment like a majority of other fourms have as a default.

Your reputation comments are listed right here:

http://thesandtrap.com/forum/usercp.php As for the "majority" of other forums, I don't think that's true, as vBulletin doesn't have an "alert me when a user gets a reputation" feature or setting. Perhaps you should not have - among other things - told someone that what they'd just said was the dumbest thing you'd ever heard?

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator
i have read your established member requirements and i think it is a little arrogant

Then you didn't read them very well, or you don't understand what "arrogant" means...?

• 7 months later...

So far, I like TST. Some of us are not very talkative or type-a-tive but instead use other means to convey friendship and compassion such as gifts of creativity. Some of us have a slightly warped sense of humor that borders on or embeds itself in sarcasm, but whose intentions are good. Some of us don't bother to read or look for the fine print in order make a decision whether or not to follow the rules, we just act and suffer the consequences.

But this is your house and your rules and if I expect and desire to stay as a guest I'll learn 'em or leave. I've read every post in this Established Member Usergroup. Sometimes I thought the browser broke because it seems I read the same post for the fifteenth time. In all, I only saw one reference to butt kissing. So maybe a "Kiss Ass" forum would be nice for those who want to try to regain rep points quickly. Rules could be that no neg rep points are given while three acceptable KAs restores one rep point.

Now I'm off to the WIKI for some light reading and then I think I'll go to my profile page and see if I can determine if I've lost or gained any points.

Oh yeah, one last thing. If you have balls, is that a reflection of your reputation or your golf game? Maybe I'll find the answer in the wiki :)

I just had an idea and I thought I'd pass it along. How about if your Reputation points were also positively adjusted by the number of views and replies your posts generated? If you are a new member with interesting posts and you'd advance faster toward becoming an Established Member than someone whose post weren't are well viewed. Now, I'm not suggesting this be the only criteria, just an added impartial influence.

Note: This thread is 1540 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!