IGNORED

"Established Member" Usergroup

iacas
Note: This thread is 1513 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

why do I have this feeling that Erik is banging his head against the wall?

Driver: 9.5 905R 757 Speeder X stiff
3 Wood: 13.0 Sonartec GS Tour Red Ice 70X
Hybrid: 17.0 Sonartec MD Stiff UST IROD
Irons: 690cb 4-PW w/Rifle 6.0
Wedges: Cleveland 900 Series Gunmetal 50, 54, 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Newport 370g head

ok...I've read all the pages again and I know the difference between rep power and rep points...my question though is...how did my rep power go up to 2 and then down to 1? I saw that someone gave me postive points and my rep points are now at 18, but for some reason my rep power went down. Is rep power a function of how many points you have? Who's butt do I need to kiss here besides Erik's?

Wedges: Cleveland 900 Series Gunmetal 50, 54, 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Newport 370g head

• Administrator
ok...I've read all the pages again and I know the difference between rep power and rep points...my question though is...how did my rep power go up to 2 and then down to 1? I saw that someone gave me postive points and my rep points are now at 18, but for some reason my rep power went down. Is rep power a function of how many points you have? Who's butt do I need to kiss here besides Erik's?

Don't kiss mine. I rarely give rep points to anyone because my rep power is so high. It's too dramatic. I've capped mine at 5 now so I can give reputation (+ or -) more frequently.

Everyone's reputation power changed slightly because I adjusted the way in which power is calculated. You used to get one point for every 90 days you've been registered. That's been changed to one point for every 360. We had members with 11 points of rep power - that was too much, since one negative reputation comment from them could knock a newbie down to -1 reputation points (everyone starts with 10).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

We had members with 11 points of rep power - that was too much, since one negative reputation comment from them could knock a newbie down to -1 reputation points (everyone starts with 10).

Hey, why did my rep power go down from 11 to 4? Just kidding.

I like the idea of lowering the rep power. Just because someone gave a helpful comment or worse if they make a minor mistake the 11 points I could effect them by was too many.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

interesting...I thought it was a posting quantity at first.

• Administrator
interesting...I thought it was a posting quantity at first.

That's also a factor. I think you get a point for every 500 posts. It's listed in the graphic I posted a page or two ago.

You also get more reputation power when you have more reputation points.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 3 weeks later...
I was always wondering what number of post i needed to change my user group,so i went to the member list and figured this out,
Here it is incase anyone else is wondering,
Correct me if im wrong eric.
500 posts-Club Champ
250 posts-League Member
145 posts-Golfaholic
72 posts-Weekend Duffer
18 posts-Hacker
5 posts-Mini Golfer

In the Wilson Stand Bag

Driver:........Ping........G5 Reg shaft
3 Wood:......Mitsushiba.........M575-15°

Irons:.........Taylormade RocketBallz......3 Hybrid - PW..Stiff Shafts

Wedges:....Cleveland CG16 56 & 60

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ShadowXOR
I'm glad to find a golf forum that is so dedicated to having an attractive and functional website. So many other forums are just so ugly. I'm glad I found this place! Looks like a great crowd and a great website with dedicated people running it.

• Administrator
I'm glad to find a golf forum that is so dedicated to having an attractive and functional website. So many other forums are just so ugly. I'm glad I found this place! Looks like a great crowd and a great website with dedicated people running it.

Thanks. Be sure to check out the main site itself as well at

http://thesandtrap.com/ .

Guest ShadowXOR
Thanks. Be sure to check out the main site itself as well at

I've checked it out but it seems to focus on things beyond a new player like myself (such as specific club reviews) so I will have to check back when I have learned a few things.

• 3 weeks later...
so this mean you have to have this in order to be able to post something for sale? dang, I dont post that much and I a boat load of golf balls to get rid of??? I guess I will have to make some random posts here and there?? doesnt seem right, but i do understand the reason behind it!

• Administrator
so this mean you have to have this in order to be able to post something for sale? dang, I dont post that much and I a boat load of golf balls to get rid of??? I guess I will have to make some random posts here and there?? doesnt seem right, but i do understand the reason behind it!

I think if you understand the reason(s) behind it, then it should seem right...

It's a privilege to sell things here, free of any fees (unlike eBay), that we are reserving for people who are "established" members. That's the gist of it, yep. Just post normally. 25 isn't that many.

what's the difference between rep power and rep points?

just joking around. no one's asked that in a while, so i thought i'd keep it going.
What's in the bag... ( Revolver)

Driver: Big Bertha Diablo 8*
3 Wood: 4DX Fairway 15*
3I-PW: X20 Tours (Rifle Project X Flighted 6.0)Wedges: CG12 Black Pearl 50* 54* SM Vokey X-Forged 58* C GrindPutter: Classic #2 66* lieBalls: Various

In my reputation CP panel, it shows three comments for "reputation received" but it doesn't say which are positive or negative, and one must be negative since my total is 11 pts. Is there supposed to be a way to tell?

Also, there's no comments filled in and I can't see who left it, nor was there a comment in the threads the posts were. Kinda cowardly - just FYI, if it were me leaving commentary, I'd either put something in the comments or post in the thread that I was leaving pos/neg rep. It doesn't have to be fuel in a fire, IMO, you can leave someone a neg rep and not have it turn into WWIII or anything, but at least let someone know what the issue was.

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

• Administrator
In my reputation CP panel, it shows three comments for "reputation received" but it doesn't say which are positive or negative, and one must be negative since my total is 11 pts. Is there supposed to be a way to tell?

If it's a negative comment, it'll have a red dot. A blue dot means positive.

You have 11 points because one of your reputation comments counted for 1 and the other two counted for 0. Some people are too new to really give reputation - good or bad.
Also, there's no comments filled in and I can't see who left it, nor was there a comment in the threads the posts were.

You're right that there are no comments. People should have left comments. Only about half of mine have comments in them.

Anyway, back down now, they were all positive votes. Two just didn't count for anything.

Thanks. Moral is: leave some notes, people - information is power! ;)

If your talking about Negative Comments, Comments must be left for a negative reputation.

Just click the link where it shows your Rep in you USER CP and check what you posted, the rep is usually for something funny, true that someone can relate to, or helpful.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Note: This thread is 1513 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!