IGNORED

Your Best Shot Ever (not counting Hole in Ones on Par 3's)

PiKapp23
Note: This thread is 4414 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Mine would have to be an eagle on a 350ish yd par 4. I was playing with two guys on a hole that had been temporarily modified and I hit an okay drive in the fairway. It left me a 135-140 8 iron. The pin was on a high shelf. I pured my shot I mean beautifully struck and the ball bounced twice and plopped right in. The crazy thing is that the pro(who has been teaching me for 4 years now) was on the next hole. We made such a loud noise when it went in that he and another guy walked over a hill seperating the two holes and saw that I had made my first eagle . It was awesome!!!!!!!

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

I was playing this past Saturday at Renditions Golf course which has replica holes. I was playing the replica of Sawgrass #17...the island green.

http://www2.cybergolf.com/landscape/...=127&page;=2092

It was playing 142 yards to the flag & I put my 8 iron about 10 feet from the flag. It felt good to land that green!

In my clicgear.gif 2.0 Push Cart and callaway.gifgolf bag are - 

Z-Star driver 10.5  Mashie 3 and 7 metals  Mashie 4 hyrbird  Z-Star 4-PW Irons  cleveland.gifCG Black 48, 52, 56 degree wedges  GoLo putter  upro mx+ gps

I can't remember another shot that sticks out in my mind. I've hit some great shots, like an eagle on a par 4 when I pitched in after a 275 yard drive (one of my longest drives ever)...

But the most memorable one had to be my first ever eagle, and it was when I was occurred when I had only been playing for a year:

I was on a short par 5 of 480 yards and I hit a really nice drive right down the middle about 240 yards (which is long for a 14 year old playing his first year of golf). I pull out my 3 wood, and stick it to within 4 feet of the hole.

It may not sound that great of a shot, but here's the catch: It was dark outside (last hole). I could BARELY see the ball, but I knew I ripped the 3 wood well. I got up to the green and saw it about 4 feet from the hole. I was nervous putting for my eagle but thankfully I made it!

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Hard to pick just one...

340 yard par 4, hit the pin with my tee shot on one bounce.

430 yard uphill par 4, holed out from the fairway, about 110 yards... I could only see the top half of the pin.

Best 2 shots... 530 yard par 5, hit driver (340 yards), 8I (170 yards), made the remaining 10 foot putt for eagle. Had a nice tailwind that day though...

All of those experiences were more than 15 years ago.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'll go back to 1988 for this one. My brother and I were playing with a couple cousins that had never played with us before. We came to a 240 yard par 3, a real monster of a par 3 for back then. Everybody starts pulling out woods from thier bag and I pull out my 1-iron. One of my cousins comes right up to me and says there is no way your going to get anywhere close to the green with that club and I'll put $5 bucks on it. My brother spoke up and said I wouldn't make that bet if I were you, he can actually hit that 1-iron very well. our cousin said no way, I'll take the bet, you will not hit the green.

Well, I would have to say I hit the best 1-iron shot of my life, and I had hit some pretty good ones in the past(Jack Nicklaus would definitely have been proud,,lol). The ball took off like a rocket nice and high with just a touch of fade right at the hole. The ball landed about 5 feet short of the hole, checked up and settled 3 feet beyond the pin. After our cousins picked thier jaws off the ground they paid up the bet. I was cracking up walking to the green because the whole time my brother is just ripping them saying "I told you not to make that bet, I knew you would lose",lol!

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

One of my best shots 140 yards away in a divot with a back pin uphill, punched a 5 iron and it was tracking all the way to the pin and ended up about 5 feet in front of the hole. played 1/1/2009 first round of the year and shot 75 with 5 boogie and 2 birdies and yes, I did birdie the hole.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

This goes back many years to 1990 and balata golf balls. Playing a scramble tournament with the first hole being our last hole. It was a 540 yard Par 5 with a creek going across the fairway 300 yards out. I bounced the ball over the creek using the cart path that left 220 yards to the green with a tall tree 30 yards in front of the ball. Everyone tried to fade it around the tree but I told them that they could not carry the greenside bunker. With two balls in the bunker and one unplayable, I took my 1 iron and hit it to the right of the tree, drawed it over several pine trees in front of the green, over the greenside bunker and 6 feet from the hole. My buddy said it was the best shot he ever saw. I made the putt and we won the tournament by a shot.

Last year I was playing a par 4 @ westchase http://www.westchasegc.com/sites/cou...442&page;=13232 . I hit a good drive and was about 70 yards out. I hit my 56 past the pin and it backed up and went in. It was pretty cool.
What I play:

Driver XTD 11.5*
Woods Nakashima 3,5, 7 & 11 CPR
Hybrid 5 Irons RaptureWedges Tour-W 52* 56* 60*Putter I-TraxBall TP Red 2.5Home Course:http://www.chevalgcc.com/

410 yard par 4. Directly into a 25mph wind.

Now i'm not a big hitter, so my drive into a 3 club wind only got me to 195 out. So, i hit 5 wood, which i usually hit ok, and have a low trajectory. Only i absolutely killed it! Right on the button.

Knowing i hit it good and thinking i had hit it to the green on this windy day, i started putting my club away. Next thing i know, one of my playing partners says, "I think that went in!" Of course, i'm saying that it didn't.

We get to the green and sure enough, the silly thing was in the whole. 195 yards into a 25 mph wind with a 5 wood and it went in! Go figure.
GAC

What's In My Bag?
Taylor Made RBZ Driver
Nike Ignite 3 Wood

Taylor Made Burner 5 Wood
Cleveland QuadPro 3 Iron Hybrid
Mizuno MX-200 4 Through WedgeMizuno MP Series Gap and Sand Wedges

Odyssey XG7 Putter

I'm extremely "unfussy" about balls. I'll play anything white and round!  I''ll even play the colors i find.

I was several feet into the woods off the 14th green, the nearest side of which was elevated just enough to make it a blind shot.

I holed it out, but didn't actually believe it until I saw the hole in the cup!

90 yard chip in from a sidehill lie to an elevated green for birdie on a ridiculously long par 5.

that.. and a 275 yard drive straight down the middle ( i normally average 200-220 with either a slight draw or a duck hook)

RBZ stage 2 driver & 3 wood

Original AP1 4-GW

Vokey 54.10 & 58.04

Scotty Newport 2

I just had it today. Par 5 I was 110 out and hit my gap wedge. Ball took one bounce and went right in. I have putted for eagle before but this was cool.
What I play:

Driver XTD 11.5*
Woods Nakashima 3,5, 7 & 11 CPR
Hybrid 5 Irons RaptureWedges Tour-W 52* 56* 60*Putter I-TraxBall TP Red 2.5Home Course:http://www.chevalgcc.com/

Mine occured yesterday..

Driver, hit to the other fairway (its a much better angle in) had about 220 into the wind to the green on a par 5, Airmailed it Clear over the green my about 15 yards, down a hill, about a foot from a road. Hit a massive blind flop shot over some trees, one hop, into the cup! Eagle! First one ever.

Neat stuff.

|Callaway FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5 Diamana BlueBoard| TaylorMade TourLaunch 14.5 Matrix Ozik F7M2 X| Adams Idea Pro 20 Matrix Ozik Altus X| Mizuno MP-32 4-PW TTDG S300|Titleist Vokey 50| Tour Issue Titleist Black Ni Vokey SM 54|Callaway X Forged 62 || Kirk Currie Brazos| Callaway Tour IX/...

its kind of hard to describe, but i pulled my drive into the woods and in order to get onto the green which was 150 yards away, i needed to draw the ball around several tall pine trees that were several yards ahead of me. anyway, i played the draw perfectly, the ball ended up 4 feet from the hole and i birdied it. doesnt sound that difficult, but again, its hard to describe exactly how the shot needed to be played

also, i drove the ball onto the fringe on a 380 yard par 4 once. i was using my old Great Big Bertha when they first came out. hole was a 380 yard par 4 and i just pured the drive. we had about a 10-15 mph wind working in our favor and the fairway was rock hard. the ball rolled and rolled and kept rolling until it stopped on the edge of the green. i missed the 30 foot eagle putt, but i did birdie the hole. it was one of those drives where you never even felt the ball hit the clubface. it was perfect....

One was an inbetween par 3, plays about 85 but I decided to hit about a 75% 9 iron instead of a wedge. Hit it perfectly, about 5 feet from the hole. From there not so good, but oh well.

But my favorite shot was ironically the first shot after the worst shot of my life. After a shanked 5 iron to a 170 yd par 3 with a lake running all the way to the fringe (left it left and short of the lake), stuck a SW about 8 feet from the hole.

In my bag:
Driver: 907D1 10.5*, Aldila Spec-Grid S67 reg
Woods: Looking for a wood. Titleist 906F4 or Nike CPR.
Utility: CPR 2-3 hybrids, 22*-26*Irons: 755 Forged 4-PW, Tri-Spec Steel RegWedges: Vokey 200 series 56.10 SW, 60.04 LWPutter: Tracy 33"Ball: DT CarryI mark my Titleist by...

Playing my entire life I have had some cool shots...

cut a 5wd 80 yards, off the cart path, around a oak tree 237 yards to the green and made eagle.

Stuck a 4i to 8' from 208 yards off pine straw over water on the 18th to a tucked pin, this was to win my first Club Champ.

Snaked a 60 footer on the 2nd hole this year during the Players Am for birdie, it was in the middle of a string of 6 birdies over 10 holes.

After making back to back bogies in the SC Am qual on 15 and 16 two years ago, I stuck a 3wd on 17 (par 5) to 14' and make the eagle to qualify on the number.

The shot I will never forget....first hole I played with my dad in a Member Guest...was a teenager and 8 hdcp at the time. Pretty full of myself. Par 5, swing out of my shoes, knock it 20 yards into the face of the bunker 11 swings later they give me a 12. I like to remember this as it always keeps me humble!
My Sticks
Driver - Adams Tech A4 9.5* Matrix Xcon 7 X flex 266 Freq
3Wd - Exotics CB2 15* Motore F1 S flex tipped to 275 Freq
Hybrid - Taylormade Rescue TP 17* & 21*
Irons - 4 thru PW Mizuno MP 62 +1/2 X100 shaftsWedges - Vokey 52* and Scratch Golf WLD grind 58*Putter - Rife IBF Tour Assie custom fitGri...

Believe it or not, a 6 foot putt stands out as most memorable. I played Pebble Beach in May 1982, about 3 weeks before the famous Watson/Nicklaus battle. The course was still open to the public but the rough was already fierce.

I realized it was probably the only time I'd play that course so I wanted standout moment. At the time I was about a 2.5 index. My first opening holes were awful, unable to keep it in the fairway. Plus they still had that weird early par 3 at the time, the one with the overhanging tree which I managed to thump.

Finally I steadied on the short par 3 and a great drive to the edge of the cliff on the following hole. I played +1 on 13 through 17, 4 pars then a bogey from the front bunker on 17, playing into the wind. That set up 18, playing with the wind left to right off the ocean. I hit an excellent drive but still was left with a second shot that looked like it wanted to blow where the gallery would be on the far right. I'm historically a pathetic fairway wood player but somehow I laced a low 3 wood that fought the gust and settled within 40 yards of the green, far left side of the fairway.

A moron mower guy settled behind me and wouldn't turn the damn engine off. I couldn't believe it. I'm talking 10 feet back. It's just another day to him but I'm paying the seemingly outrageous (at the time) 75 bucks for a singular experience and this jerk is content to make racket no matter how hard I glared at him.

Somehow I judged a flip sand wedge perfectly, 6 feet right of the cup with quite a few people wandering around at the Lodge and near the green. They might have been USGA because they were inspecting bunkers and the rough behind the green.

While my dad struggled to finish the hole I'm thinking the rest of my life I'm probably going to remember whether or not I birdied 18 at Pebble Beach. It was about 2 inches off the right edge, putting into the wind toward the ocean and US Open slick, flag on the left side and looking like it could go off the green if I missed the cup. I had already developed putting woes right handed but there was no way I could putt a right to left putt left handed. I stayed conventional instead of cross handed and drained the thing with perfect pace and read, while feigning nonchalance.

So now every time I watch a tournament on that historic venue I allow a little grin and feel superior to all the pathetic pros who par or worse on 18.

Easily the best shot I ever hit, and it didnt even go in the cup...

I was playing in a tourney with a bunch of friends and my wife. A par 4, my second shot left me @110 yards out. The green is really close to the next tee box, which had a tent set up where they were holding a Beat the Pro competition for the next hole, a Par 3 (for $5, you got to hit a shot and see if you could get it closer than the Pro could). Anyhow, there was like 50 people around that tent, no one on the Par 3, so as we were the next group, they were waiting on us, so everyone was watching our approach shots. I hit a high sand wedge 20 feet past the pin, and (unintentionally, i'll admit) ,it had so much spin it backed up to within 2 inches of the cup! The Tent area erupted with a huge roar! Best feeling of my golfing life! And to add to it, I held my composure really well, so they all thought it was exactly what I had planned all along, lol!!

Good Times, Good times...........

Next time they give you all that civic bullshit about voting, keep in mind that Hitler was elected in a full, free democratic election- George Carlin

In the Hoofer bag:
10.5* Redline RPM G5 16* G5 19* G5 22* MX 200, 4-6, MP-52 7-W Vokey 50*, Vokey SM 54*, 58* G5i flatstick IGNITE ball

Note: This thread is 4414 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!