IGNORED

Your Best Shot Ever (not counting Hole in Ones on Par 3's)

PiKapp23
Note: This thread is 4440 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I drove the ball 20 yards right of the 310 yard par 4 ninth green at my local course. But the ball rolled under a tree. I had to flip my wedge upside down and hit it lefty (I'm a righty). I was just hoping to bump it on to the green. It landed 6-8 ft short of the hole checked up a bit and rolled in for an eagle 2! Best/luckiest shot of my life!!

In The Bag

Driver R7 SuperQuad 8.5 Xstiff
5 Wd SQ X stiff steel
3-PW RAC LT X stiff 52 dg RAC TP Satin56 dg RAC TP Satin60 dg Vokey Oil CanPutter Cameron Studio Newport

Par 4 on my local.

Hole is about 350 yards with a very narrow entrance to green.

I almost always lay up. But, with a 20 km an hour wind i went for it.

There is a bunker in front and a huge bunker wrapping around the right-hand-side of the green.

I bombed my drive and it looked like it went into the bunker to the right. I was so happy i hit it that far.

Upon closer inspection, the ball had plugged right behind the bunker. I took out my LW and flopped it within 2 inches of the hole. As i turned around to my bag, it rolled in for an eagle.

Best non-par 3 hole ever.
Driver: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 10.5* (UST Proforce v2 77g X Flex) 3 Wood: Callaway Diablo 15* (UST Proforce v2 86g S Flex). 2 Hybrid: Adams A4 Tech 17* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex). 3 and 4 Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 20* and 23* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex)
Irons: Tour Edge Exotics...

I have been playing for about 6months so i haven't had that many opportunities to get an eagle but i think my best was when i had been playing for 3/4 months and i started a round with my grandfather. Putted from off the green for a birdie on the second, got to the 4th and this was my best shot. Its a downhill par 3 and i hit a 6 iron 1 yard left of the green. it was about a foot from a bunker which meant i had to put one foot in the bunker. Had a really bad stance but i hit my shot and it was going nowhere else but the hole from 20yards. second birdie in 4 holes and i didn't even have a handicap at that time! Then capped off with a birdie at the 7th!
What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

Most recent best shot:

Hole No. 9 at Whistling Straits. I was 185 yards out to a back pin placement. I would say a 10 - 15 mph headwind. I took a 4 iron and made the best swing, ball landed about 3 feet and stopped. That capped a 39 front side which I was definitely proud of considering we were playing the tips and strong winds.

All Time:

Par 5 at Greenbriar CC in St. Louis. 3 wood from the fairway that landed and lipped the hole and settled 1 foot from the hole.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

i would have to say my best shot ever so far was about 3 weeks ago. i was playing my home course and having a horrible day. i was shanking all my wedges (which i usually never do) and i was really mad.

hole 12 came along. 321 yard par 4 from tees right in front of tips (where i usually play). i was mad so i hit driver (water on the right) and i was about 40 yards from the hole. took out the wedge i haven't used all day. and the magic happened.

there was a little right to left wind when i hit, and all i was thinking was to not shank it lol. i hit the ball and yelled at it to "sit! SIT DOWN!" because i don't generate spin, and it would have gone way past the hole. it didn't. it went straight in making a "smack!" noise, for my first eagle. and on a par 4!

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

On the 18 th in a tourney (playing great) I snap hooked a driver off the tee and it was going ob. It was going straight at a house along side the hole. It smoked a brick chimmney and it bounced back into play. It turned out perfect it cut the dog leg and ended up going about 300 yds dead center. Made birde and took 3rd in the tourney. I guess better lucky than good.

Driver: Ping G10 V2 shaft
Fairways: Taylormade R5 15*
Hybrid: Nickent 3dx V2 shaft
Irons: Cobra Carbon cb 3-P
Wedges: Cleveland CG 12 54*, 60*Putter: new one every week

Par 4 second shot, I was in a fairway bunker, about 120 yards to the pin. There's a big slope in front of the bunker, so I cound't see the pin. I had to walk up there and look down at the grass as I would have to aim at this point. I walked back down, aim at the point, hit my Pitching wedge. It stopped about 10 foot in front of the hole, and then I made the putt :) ... Happy with the birdie

This one I will remember forever. I had a 100-foot putt, I read the line right, but jeez...it stopped about 5 inches in front of the hole. if I made it, that would be really nice.....

Driver TP Burner 8.5* Stiff
3 Wood SQ 15* stiff
5 Wood SQ 19* stiff
Irons MP 67 (3-PW) stiff
Wedge 52* and 56* stiffPutter Mtisushiba Ball

What is your best shot ever? Is is a particularly long drive? A holed approach shot? A hole in 1 on par 4 or 5? A long difficult putt? A great shot from an impossible lie?

Indeed!!!!

My best shot ever....I'd have to say it came on early in my golfing days. I'd been playing for about 3 years and made my first eagle. I saved the ball and wrote the details on it with a sharpie: October 9, 1997 Wedgewood Golf Course in Wilson, North Carolina Conditions: windy and chilly, remember wearing a jacket while playing. Playing in a threesome with a coworker named Bruce and his son. I was gaming a Maxfli MD 90. That was one of my favorite balls back then...then I fell in love with the Precept EV Extra-Spin....the rest is history. We were on the 14th hole, a par five, which was playing 450 yards. It's a fairly staightaway hole...at least it was....OB all the way up on the right side and shrubs bordering the left. I hit a decent tee shot...slightly pulled over to the left side of the fairway....about 275 yards. The wind was up and I felt like taking enough club to get there. I pulled out my trusty (bread and butter club back then....I used the heck outta this stick) Callaway Heavenwood and took dead aim at the pin....remembering the addage to "swing easy when it's breezy". The shot felt very solid....and the ball was headed out on target. They had hit their second shots towards the green. We made it up to their balls for their 3rd shots and saw that my ball was tight...about 3 ft from the pin. That was a nerve wracking 3 footer for my first eagle. I canned it firmly into the back of the cup and it dropped. We had some high fives and yells. That was my one and only North Carolina eagle.....the rest have been in Georgia and South Carolina. Got to remedy that soon. I do want very badly to play Wedgewood again.....there and Farmville CC....it would be interesting to see how I do with my current game on my old tracks.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

It was my second eagle ever, my first one coming just 2 holes previously but that is another story.

I was playing a course for just the second time, the 17th at Prairie Highland, it is a short hole, kind of shaped like a Nike swoosh, from the tee you can see the green and the fairway, but from the fairway you cannot see the green.

I hit a 2 iron in the fairway to about 100 yards and a gap wedge to the green but all I can see from were I hit was about the top third of the flag stick. I was pretty sure I hit it on the green but I nor my playing partner could see where the ball actually went. We found the ball in the hole!

This is also the only shot I have ever holed out with a full swing, not counting my one and only hole in one.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

Best shot was actually the entire 9th hole at Troy Burne. From the tournamnet tees it measured 496 yards I hit a bad drive in the left rough leaving me 230 to the cup. Hit a 3 wood over the front bunkers and landed in the fringe 30 feet from the hole. Then I drained the sidewinder for a birdie and a score of 38 on the front nine form the tournament tees

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 years later...

I was 7, my dad was playing with 3 friends at a really nice course at the beach. On a par 5, he stuck his 3rd shot 20 feet from the pin over a huge lake with alligators in it. Not big ones, but alligators nonetheless. I had watched and occasionally putted for my dad. I asked him to let me putt the birdie attempt (I had no clue of the significance of a birdie at the time). Reluctantly he let me putt it, and I drained it dead center of the cup. It was probably the happiest I have ever seen him on a golf course. :) Good Times...

In my  taylormade.gif Stratus Stand bag

Driver:  taylormade.gif 10.5* 2009 Burner

3 Wood: taylormade.gif 2008 Burner

3 Hybrid: taylormade.gif 2008 Burner

Ironstaylormade.gif  Burner 1.0 4-AW

Wedge: Cleveland CG15  56*

Putter:  taylormade.gif Rossa Monza Spider Vicino

Ball Callaway HX Diablo Tour

on a short par 4 i was against at the edge of the cart path and instead of hitting backwards i decided to try to thread the needle between two trees about five feet away and probably a half a club wide, and absolutely flushed it through and on to the green to 8 feet.

Our 9th hole, Par 5. Extremely tight tee shot, water left and right, unless you can carry it 235m over the hazard that lines the bend in the fairway on the right, its a 3 shot par 5. I hit 3w as I usually do, but I pull it. Thinking its wet in one of the hazards on the left, it somehow splits them, and its on the 11th fairway but about 30m left of my fairway. There is a slight tail wind, about 5km/h. Its not much, but I need to hit a high draw to get back on my fairway around a bunch of trees, and the wind will help turn it over. I look at my GPS and I have the best part of 260m to the middle of the green. I cant see it because there are mounds there also, so I decide to hit the 3w again. Its a risk/reward shot. Push it and Im on a steep side hill, pull it and Im in the greenside pond. I hit it pretty solid..no..I killed it. Its heading way right then the draw kicks in and from where Im standing, I figure its back in the fairway, so Im happy considering I could have been hitting my 3rd from much further back. I get up there and its no where to be seen. There are 2 balls on the green and I thought they were balls from players in my group. Well, one of them is mine. Its still a good 25-30 feet from the flag, but it was an easy 2 putt birdie. I have holed out from the fairway, hit irons that have stopped within inches of going in, and hit the stick a few times, but this one stands out to me.

[IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/790f8f5d-84ee-efc1.jpg[/IMG] Par 3 160yards .. Almost a slam dunk ! LoL! I wound say a fade shot 175 yards to the pin and there is a tree on between . The tree is like 40 yards in front of me and I have to cut around the brunches to reach the green !
What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight

Originally Posted by PiKapp23

What is your best shot ever? Is is a particularly long drive? A holed approach shot? A hole in 1 on par 4 or 5? A long difficult putt? A great shot from an impossible lie?

One comes to mind:

452yd par 4 and my tee shot hits a tree and I'm left with 228 to the pin from a good lie in the rough.  I barely have enough room for a free swing under the tree.....and I striped a 3-iron and holed out for an Eagle 2...........LOL

I've scored a 2 on par 4s 10 times, but this was easily my best!!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Spring Valley Golf Course #15 - Par 4 - 382 yards

Pushed my drive to the right trees. Ball rested below a tree with just enough room from the lowest branch to swing. Had about 152 yards to the green with tall trees in front and had to hit a hard 8 iron to try and get high enough and far enough to the green. Hit the shot, cleared the trees but didn't see it land. Got to the green and the ball was 3 feet from the cup - birdie! Shot an 82 that day.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

Note: This thread is 4440 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!