IGNORED

Your Best Shot Ever (not counting Hole in Ones on Par 3's)

PiKapp23
Note: This thread is 4414 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My tee shot on the 1st hole, par 3, last Saturday. It didn't hit the green, and it wasn't even pretty. But it was my first shot following a heart attack in November. It had been suggested I give up playing, which after 44 years of golf was like telling me to stop breathing. I only managed 10 holes, and I was using a buggy, but I came off the course with a huge beaming smile. 10 holes, 5 over par and happy.

• Upvote 1

Holed a 60 foot putt to finish todays round, right now, in my mind, that is my best shot ever

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Mine actually came this past Tuesday. Par 5, 2nd shot was 220 out. I've talked before about going for this green in two but never have the balls as the green is surrounded by water in back, to the right, and in front. This being my first round of the year and really just a round to gauge how my winter practice went I decided to try it. Hit my 3 hybrid and put the ball on the green. Left about a 30 foot eagle putt and took birdie.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

My best shot ever came on the 18th at Tustin Ranch Golf Club in so cal. It is a par 4 about 400 yds. with 2 big trees guarding each side of the fairway about 200 yds. out. I hit my tee shot right into the left tree and ricocheted back so I was directly behind it. The green has 3 tiers with water front and left and a front pin. I hit a slinging 3 iron from about 210 around the tree, over the water, and even though I didn't actually see the ball land and finish, was told that it went onto the edge of the 2nd tier, sat there for a while and then rolled back down to finish 6in. from the cup. Made the easy birdie putt and called it a day.

My best shot to date involves my nemesis club - the 3 wood.    Just never was able to execute from the fairway.    ever.    So, I dedicated a couple practice sessions to just learning how to sweep the ball & just get decent wood on it.    Last round of 2011 - playing a super long par 6, led off with a great drive - drew it beautifully around a slight dogleg left.     Had a long ways to the green, so I figured this was time to bring old painless out of the bag & try to execute what I've been practicing.    Had a nice lie, played the ball rear of center in the stance & took an easy relaxed swing and --- POOF --- there it went - most beautiful golf shot I've ever seen.     Couldn't believe I hit a 3 wood off the deck like that - arrow straight & long with no ungodly OB slice.    Shaved what was left of the dogleg & was left with a mid iron in.    It gave me tremendous confidence just to know that I could finally do it.     Still have alot of work to do to get consistent, but that is the most memorable golf shot to date just due to the dramatic lack of success I had prior to really working on the 3w.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My best shot happened on hole 1 at Chesapeake Hills here in southern Maryland.  Hole 1 is a dog leg to the right after about 180 yard tee shot.  I was hoping to fade my tee shot a bit but it was dead straight, and then my second shot I hit pretty fat.  I was 70 yards away for my third shot (I have a rangefinder).  There is a bunker that is in front of the green as you approach, and a hill to the left of the green which feeds in a bit on your putts.  I purposefully kicked it over the bunker and off the hill, letting it feed down to the hole and the thing sunk right in.  What made it my best shot was that I actively planned it and had it work out 100% perfectly.  I don't feel like luck was involved at all with it.  I was completely stunned that it went in, my buddy and I were thrilled.  I have no hole in ones or anything like that, not even any eagles in my short career.  I started playing in 2008, so far this is the best!

My best shot ever was only possible from one of my best drives ever, we have a short 475 yard Par 5 at my home club and I hit one of the straightest drives I've ever hit with my driver over the corner just inside the 150 marker. The pin was a back pin on top of a small shelf. I hit my P-Wedge straight at the flag but couldn't see it. When I got up there I saw a divot and no ball. I had made my first double eagle. It was no more special than holing out on a long par 4 for eagle since I did it with a P-Wedge but It still felt special to me.

• 2 weeks later...

June 2009, 6th hole on the Deer Run Championship Course in Newport News, VA.

Just out screwing off on a Sunday afternoon, got stuck behind a slow foursome on the 4th and 5th holes - started getting irritated with them after 5.  They let me play through on 6 tee (540y par 5).  Thanked them for letting me through, hit my drive about 310 down the right side.  Pin's on the front right (green is 35y deep), so I have a 4I in.  Make a unconsciously great swing on the 4, ball is laser-locked on the pin.  Two drops and in for a double eagle.  I turn around and yell back 'did you see that sh**?'  I think they thought I was talking trash until I drove up and picked my ball from the cup and raised it up to show them I holed out from the fairway.  Better than a hole in one, IMO.

made birdie with an out of bounds.....!  Hit tee ball O.B. on a par 5 at La Paloma...then hit driver PW into the hole for 4, playing with a USGA bluecoat official witnessing all of it.   Got a writeup in the USGA Journal.

A bump and run pitch shot to a raised green with the pin tucked about 6 feet from the fringe. It was at a little par three course in Torrance, Alondra Park about 20 years ago. I over shot the green by 15 yards and was under some trees, only shot was to bang a 6 iron into a raised hill and hope for the best. It came off perfectly and went in the hole. I've tried that shot only a few times since that day with disastrous results most of the time.

I'm 160 yards out but with trees between me and the green which I cannot get over. Aimed into the clear some 50 yards left with a 16.5 fairway metal, opened the club face and left it wide-open at impact. The shot stopped on the fringe so I was putting and was able to get up and down for par. I practice these on the range along with deliberate hooks. They are pretty low percentage but can be fun to use in a scramble situation when you've already got a safety shot in place.

My best shot to date was on the 6th hole at Bothwell Castle Golf Club. Hit a not-so-decent drive that found the rough and continued to hit my second shot fat - sending the ball all of 20 yards further towards the hole. I was left with about 90 yards to the pin so pulled out a pitching wedge. After a few practice swings I hit the shot and it stopped dead about 1inch from the hole. It felt amazing !

Note: This thread is 4414 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!