IGNORED

How good do you need to be to play on PGA tour?

LongballGer
Note: This thread is 4406 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Same for me, Keep the faith. We can get there we just have to keep working man!

good on both of you

i am so tired of "intenet junkies" telling everyone that they cant make it on tour with enough time, dedication, practice and $$ - anything can happen anyone who says you cant make it, is just scared to try hell i'd give it a run if i had the time and money make your run, give it your best and see what happens - what's so wrong with that? to the OP: umm..I wouldnt be too concerned with what 99% of the people posting here have to say about your swing there is no "perfect" golf swing everyone has their "swing" engraved in their blood, how you manipulate or want to control it, is up to you don't listen to these jokers and go about your business dude I love hearing stories about guys trying to make it on tour, I wish I was one of them
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

Thanks. There you go:

Your swing isn't "Perfect" but it has some great positions and you don't over swing. My guess is one of your strengths is your long iron play.

Mine is my tee shots and distance control with my wedges. Good Luck and try my putting drill, it has taken me from a hideous putter to a lights out kinda guy.

theincrediblegolfbum.blogspot.com Aol messenger: "Drifterland88"

Driver Tour Burner 9.5 s (Best Driver Ever!)
3-Wood Burner 07 14.5 s
3-Hybrid Halo 22degree Irons X-Forged Project 6.o Rifle s-flexGW SV 52.08 SW Tour Action 900 56.12 LW Oil Can 60.06

[/QUOTE]

There is no reason to believe he doesn't generate the power he claims with what he has shown. Look at the obvious things (angle between hips and shoulders, nice release) in the swing and it's clear he isn't BSing. Not much anyways. [/QUOTE]

People always say I'm swinging so easy until they see where the ball went.. LONG

3-Wood Burner 07 14.5 s
3-Hybrid Halo 22degree Irons X-Forged Project 6.o Rifle s-flexGW SV 52.08 SW Tour Action 900 56.12 LW Oil Can 60.06

Bit out of order so the important part is last...

I'm afraid to ask, but what is so horrible about my impact position?

Golf is a game in which the ball always lies poorly and the player always lies well.

good on both of you

Its funny but no one would have told him anything had he not asked. People post a thread about how good they are and all that what do you expect. I guess we should have all kissed his ass. As far as him going pro, I am sure he is a good player but many fail to realize how many guys are in the exact same position as him. I know a kid who just shot the course record at a course near me, 64. I asked him why he never tried to make it on the PGA, he says he is a dime a dozen golfer. This is a very skilled player, more like a machine I call him. Anyway believe in yourself and learn to take criticism and best of luck.

Mine is my tee shots and distance control with my wedges. Good Luck and try my putting drill, it has taken me from a hideous putter to a lights out kinda guy.

what is your "putting drill" you speak off. im curious...

Driver r7 Superquad 9.5 degrees
3Wood 904F 15 degrees
Hybrid 585H 19 degrees
Irons R540xd 4-PW
wedges 52,56,60 degreesPutter iseries 1/2 CrazEBalls Prov1x

I think of it this way. The PGA tour has around 170 players. It is the most competitive golf tour in the world. So, to remain on the PGA tour, you have to be one of the best 170 golfers in the world.

The Nationwide tour may be the even with the Euro tour as far as competitiveness. I'd guess to say that you have to be one of the top 500 players in the world to succeed on the Nationwide Tour

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

what is your "putting drill" you speak off. im curious...

http://thesandtrap.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28847 here is the thread

3-Wood Burner 07 14.5 s

If you have to ask...you arn't good enough.

MX500 9.5* S
Burrows Golf MAC Powersphere 3W
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*
IDEA PRO 3HSakamoto 54* X-tour 60* Newport 2 Pro Platinum Custom

The Nationwide tour may be the even with the Euro tour as far as competitiveness. I'd guess to say that you have to be one of the top 500 players in the world to succeed on the Nationwide Tour

Sorry but i think you give the Euro tour a bit too less credit - lots of the Euro players play in Majors/WGC/Sponsor invitation events too, and dont have trouble to compete at a very high level. A rough count of the Top50 players in the world shows that about 16 of them mostly play on the European Tour.

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

Havent gone through the whole thread, but i think there is a simple answer to your question. Forget about the fact that you are a +5/+3 or just scratch and go out and compete - if you can beat the guys on your level you might have what it takes, if not - you obv. have to work on your game and improve.

You have to put yourself into those pressure situations and see how you react to it, if your swing and your putting stroke holds up or falters, and go from there.

There have been examples of +4 never making it anywhere and +1 making it....

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW

Sorry but i think you give the Euro tour a bit too less credit - lots of the Euro players play in Majors/WGC/Sponsor invitation events too, and dont have trouble to compete at a very high level. A rough count of the Top50 players in the world shows that about 16 of them mostly play on the European Tour.

Who ever thinks the Nationwide Tour is a higher standard than the European Tour needs to open there eyes. What is your thinking behind that statement?

Driver - Nike Sumo SQ 8.5 degree AldilaVS Proto
Fairawy wood - Titleist 903f2 Vodoo
Irons - Titleist Z Blend Forged Project X 5.5
Wedges - Titleist Vokey
Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport 2Ball - Pro V1

Thanks.

Are you a pro or an amateur? What events do you play in?

Wedges - Titleist Vokey

Are you a pro or an amateur? What events do you play in?

Still amateur. I'm competing soon though on the GS tour to get my feet wet.

Golf is a game in which the ball always lies poorly and the player always lies well.

Who ever thinks the Nationwide Tour is a higher standard than the European Tour needs to open there eyes. What is your thinking behind that statement?

Sorry - maybe i wrote it a bit confusing. Obv. i think the European tour is of a high standard than the Nationwide Tour.

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW

Still amateur. I'm competing soon though on the GS tour to get my feet wet.

Are you confident enough to play me for money?

Wedges - Titleist Vokey

Are you confident enough to play me for money?

If I was on that side of the pond we would play man...

3-Wood Burner 07 14.5 s

Thanks. There you go:

Hey man, you have a nice swing, and good speed through the ball. If you let anyone tell you that you can't then you never will, so stick with it. However, always be open to advice. Most is useless but some is helpful. The only thing i would tell you is that you have a pretty strong grip, which makes the club dead shut from the beggining of the back swing right to the top. After impact you turn your wrists over pretty quickly. I would guess your ball flight is a power draw and when you miss it's a hook? From your positions it looks like you may have trouble hitting a fade. If you were looking to improve i would say weaken your grip a bit and take the club more straight back and not to the outsideso much....take it for what it's worth.

Also if i were to compare you to a tour player it would be Dustin Johnson, you have similar body types. Copy his moves and you can't go wrong. Good luck, and work hard.

Note: This thread is 4406 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!