Sign in to follow this  
RMD

Boo Belly

Note: This thread is 4344 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

19 posts / 14047 viewsLast Reply

Is it my imagination or did Boo gain more weight over the holidays than I did?

he has been gaining weight all year... not sure how much was pre v. post holiday, but he was bigger in Harbor Town last year than when he started on tour and he was bigger yet by the Ryder Cup.

Probably did gain a bit during huntin' season just sitting around in his deer blind.

I noticed he was quite largeat the Ryder Cup as well. Guy needs to take a step back and realize poor eating habits isn't going to get him very far in this day and age of top level golf.

Looks like a lot of fried chicken over the holidays for Boo... That guy hits it pure though... Watched him on the practice range at The Masters last year and he was striping every shot... This while standing on a towel just wearing socks, no shoes and a big dip of snuff in his mouth

Looks like a lot of fried chicken over the holidays for Boo... That guy hits it pure though...

I talked to him briefly in December and watched him play a little at Tiger's Chevron World Challenge. He had a pretty good "jelly belly" before the holidays. However, he's not even close to Stadler girth yet.

SubPar

I noticed he was quite largeat the Ryder Cup as well. Guy needs to take a step back and realize poor eating habits isn't going to get him very far in this day and age of top level golf.

You are right. The "good ole boy" mentality is humorous, and he is a great interview. However, he is a professional tour player, and if he wants to "keep his job", he needs to stay in shape. Look at Anthony Kim and Camilo Villegas--Boo needs to wake up and look like them.

You are right. The "good ole boy" mentality is humorous, and he is a great interview. However, he is a professional tour player, and if he wants to "keep his job", he needs to stay in shape. Look at Anthony Kim and Camilo Villegas--Boo needs to wake up and look like them.

It helps to carry less weight, but you should not assume a little extra padding is evidence of a lack of the strength and flexibility required to play professional golf. You do not have to have 7% body fat and rippling muscles to succeed on Tour.

One thing always surprising to me is how much more trim and healthy these guys look in person than on TV. SubPar

Boo is never going to look those guys. Besides Boo has two wins just like those two guys.

It helps to carry less weight, but you should not assume a little extra padding is evidence of a lack of the strength and flexibility required to play professional golf. You do not have to have 7% body fat and rippling muscles to succeed on Tour.

Sub the last part about how they look in person is a FACT. 3 things stood out last time I saw the pros play. Ernie Els is taller than 6 ft 4. Phil Mickelson is not fat Sergio Garcia looks like he has an eating disorder. In person

boo's weight gain is just great business acumen. overweight athletes who don't look like athletes, always have enthusiastic fan appeal and hence sponsors throwing money at them to represent their products. with john daly losing his decorum and competitive abilities, boo is positioning himself to grab this market sector looking for a new hero. i have great respect for the sacrifices and difficulties boo has put himself through to gain all this extra weight, eating pork chops and mashed potatoes (or whatever his training regimen is) late into the night and then doing it all over again the next day.

I followed him the past two years at Verizon and he was much bigger this year. But, man he crisps every iron. It is such a sweet sound to hear in person. What a ball striker. Of course you have to be one to make it around harbour town, distance doesn't matter on that course.

But dont you just love his aw shucks, its just golf attitude.

I would give anything if I could remain that calm. I know after 20 putting that number 18 in the 2nd round I would have snapped every club in my bag

boo's weight gain is just great business acumen. overweight athletes who don't look like athletes, always have enthusiastic fan appeal and hence sponsors throwing money at them to represent their products. with john daly losing his decorum and competitive abilities, boo is positioning himself to grab this market sector looking for a new hero. i have great respect for the sacrifices and difficulties boo has put himself through to gain all this extra weight, eating pork chops and mashed potatoes (or whatever his training regimen is) late into the night and then doing it all over again the next day.

That's good.

he gets bigger everytime i see him. however, he seems to get better with added weight. maybe its not letting him get as much extension as he used to, but he is making better contact and hitting the ball better. he packs some monster lips at the course too, never see that guy without a big pinch in his mouth haha. he does need to cut back on his poor eating habits, they will lead to his ultimate demise.

Boo is never going to look those guys. Besides Boo has two wins just like those two guys.

You are right about that, and Boo won on a tough, narrow golf course in Harbour Town. I root for the guy, and like him, but I want him to achieve his maximum potential, and in my opinion, being in shape is a necessary condition of doing just that.

But dont you just love his

I agree with you about his attitude. He seems to take bad shots in stride and does not let them bother him. I cannot be that way. To this day, I remember when a chip shot on the last hole of the finals of the Senior Men's Club Championship cost me the title, and I was the defending Champion! I shook my opponent's hand, congratulated him, and then went to the clubhouse to report to the owner of the course. After that, when no one was looking, I went to my car and kicked one of the tires for a while in anger at myself for trying to be too cute on the shot. My foot hurt, but I vented my anger and frustration. I wonder if Boo would have done that?

Note: This thread is 4344 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!