IGNORED

How many of you play a consistent ball?

Note: This thread is 5582 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been playing NXT Tours for a couple of years. I like consistancy and knowing my iron distances and how they will react in the short game. They have a specific feel (as do most balls) that I've become accustom to. Plus if I find myself short on balls at the course, every clubhouse I've ever been in has them.

That being said, I got a dozen e5+ for Christmas. I suppose the next time out I will try those out. If I like them, then I may play them this year. I like a high spin ball with high flight and that is their claim. I really liked the 330s and ProV1 but they are out of my price range. I'm hoping the e5+ is something like the 330s, although high spin isn't usually something you see with a 2 piece ball.

IMHO golf is all about consistancy and that's why I like to stick with one ball.

Bridgestone B330 - after three rounds they are retired and go into the shag bag as short game practice balls.

"Every man is his own hell" - H.L. Mencken

I always play the Callaway Tour i ball. Every round every shot. It is my ultimate ball.

Whats in the bag?
Driver = Wishon Golf 949mc 9.75*/.5* Closed Face Angle
Fairway Wood = Wishon Golf 915 F/H 16* Square Face Angle
Wood Shafts = Wishon Golf Pro Flight EXP 85g Stiff Flex
Hybrids = Wishon Golf 331H 21* & 24*Hybrid Shafts = Wishon Golf GI335 Tour Weight 92g Stiff FlexIrons = Wishon...

I always play the same ball.

If I actually ever find a ball on my home course it is always the same as what I play.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If the greens are playing average conditions or slow I will play the Cally Hx Hot... if they are hard I will bump it up to a higher end Cally or Bridgestone ball.

13 Wedges
1 Putter

I play the ProV1 in all of my tournaments and competitive rounds of golf, but i've messed around a little with the b330-s and must say i like it, but i'm not sure it will end my love affair with the ProV1.

Monster Tour 10.5* w/ Redboard 63
FP400f 14.5* w/ GD YSQ
Idea Pro 18* w/ VS Proto 80s
MP FLi-Hi 21 w/ S300
CG1 BP w/ PX 6.0 SM 54.11 SM 60.08 Sophia 33"

I always play the Callaway Tour i ball. Every round every shot. It is my ultimate ball.

Agreed. to a point.

I bought 6 dozen Tour i, but I'm saving them for league. Today I played with a Nike Power Soft, and played very well.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Whenever I play a serious round I switch between Pro-V1 and V1x depending on the course. I do use the same ball for the entire round. I don't ever switch the ball depending on the hole or what shot I am hitting (unless it is a scramble). A couple of the courses I play the greens are more receptive and the regular ball will spin too much so I use the 'x'. If I am just out goofing off I will use whatever is in my 'found ball' pocket so I don't have to worry about losing them.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

I generally play play the pro v consistently, every once in a while someone will give me some tour ix and ill put them in play but thats about it.
Driver 983k 9.5°
3 Wood 906f2 15°
5 wood 906f2 18°
Irons 735 3-pw S300, Golf Pride Tour Velvet cord
Wedges Spin Milled 53°, Spin Milled 59°Putter Studio Select Newport 2Goals for '10:1. Get down to scratch or better

I try to play the same ball all the time, and my bag usually starts out with 20-24 identical balls, but a month later I'll notice that I've acquired a bunch of found balls to replace the water babies and the OBs and ones that simply disappeared in what appeared to be light rough. I'm playing tomorrow and I opened my bag to see how many balls I had, and I counted 8 different brands in there -- from a Pro V1 to a Noodle to a pink Paula Creamer special.

In my C-130 Cart Bag:

Driver: Titleist D2 10.5° Aldila R.I.P. 60
Woods Exotics CB4 15° Aldila R.I.P. 70
Hybrids Exotics CB4 17°, 22° Aldila R.I.P. 80 

Irons 4-PW MP-57 Project X 6.0, MP-29 PW

Wedges  Eidolon 52°, 60° Rifle Spinner 6.5

Putter Bettinardi BB12

Ball One Black

Rangefinder Nikon Laser 500"Golf...

When I'm spending some $$$$ on them I'll play these....however the Noodle long and soft has been a really super ball for any price.

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I stick with the Cally HX Hot Bite. I feel I get great performance with all the clubs in my bag and they are a pretty good price. Another good factor about them is that they will last a whole round, where I find with the Pro V's and other higher priced balls usually don't last a whole round without getting damaged.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

Note: This thread is 5582 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!