IGNORED

physical limitations in your game?

flopdarock
Note: This thread is 2854 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

5 hours ago, jkelley9 said:

Nothing near as bad as the guy who lost his leg but:

- some type of metal in 5 of my 6 leg joints (foot, knee, hip)

- a screw in my left hip, a screw in my right femur

- missing my fibula in my left leg (removed @ time of surgery)

- recurring dislocated left shoulder from a snowboarding accident

- broken right shoulder from a motorcycle accident that I can barely sleep on that side, despite it being from 10 years ago

- at 28 years old I have athritis in my left hip from breaking my hip when I was young and losing blood supply to the femoral head so it's slowly grinding down (although I was able to replenish the blood supply later from a subsequent surgery)

Luckily I'm still able to make a pretty athletic swing with a surprising (to my pro) degree of flexibility, and a ~102 mph SS. So I'm really not complaining. I just need to be careful with my back now. I'm looking into daily exercises to protect my back 

Were you an X-game participant?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

35 minutes ago, Lihu said:

Were you an X-game participant?

Lol no. That made me laugh though :-D I high dived off the 10m platform at an olympic pool when I was very young (12 yr) and wish boned it into the water where the force of the water pulled my leg around my head and had just enough force to break my hip. It was just a freak accident where I landed just in the wrong way where that was even possible. 

The rest of the leg stuff is all from that initial break. Lost blood supply, had the fibula re-transplant surgery, then later in life had to have my right leg shortened @ the femur so I wouldn't have back problems later in life.

The shoulder injuries are from just being young, dumb, and fearless lol. But at 28 while I'm still young and dumb, I'm not quite as fearless with my history lol.

I sound pretty banged up but honestly I'm perfectly fine now lol. Aside from a little pain and the arthritis that will grow as time goes on. But I have a lot of flexibility and stuff still.

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

Bag: :sunmountain: C130 Cart Bag Push Cart: :sunmountain: Micro Cart Sport

2 minutes ago, jkelley9 said:

Lol no. That made me laugh though :-D I high dived off the 10m platform at an olympic pool when I was very young (12 yr) and wish boned it into the water where the force of the water pulled my leg around my head and had just enough force to break my hip. It was just a freak accident where I landed just in the wrong way where that was even possible. 

The rest of the leg stuff is all from that initial break. Lost blood supply, had the fibula re-transplant surgery, then later in life had to have my right leg shortened @ the femur so I wouldn't have back problems later in life.

The shoulder injuries are from just being young, dumb, and fearless lol. But at 28 while I'm still young and dumb, I'm not quite as fearless with my history lol.

I sound pretty banged up but honestly I'm perfectly fine now lol. Aside from a little pain and the arthritis that will grow as time goes on. But I have a lot of flexibility and stuff still.

You sound more banged up than one of my friends who did motocross. . . Good that you're more careful now. :-)

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• 1 month later...

I have two vision problems that I discovered around Oct. 2013.  I posted about it previously, but it might help others.  One is almost total loss of depth perception from a damaged retina in my left eye, where I can't really tell how far I am from the ball at address other than it is on the ground.  The other is that my good eye has rotated in its socket around three degrees, making it difficult for me to read side ways tilts in the green.  I've been working for three years on overcoming these two problems, but I can't find a local pro who is willing or able to address these two problems,  There may be other golfers who have one or both problems but don't realize it.  I stumbled upon the existence of these problems quite accidentally.  Until then, I thought my brain changed as I was fairly successful prior to 2011.

11 hours ago, chipandcharge said:

I have two vision problems that I discovered around Oct. 2013.  I posted about it previously, but it might help others.  One is almost total loss of depth perception from a damaged retina in my left eye, where I can't really tell how far I am from the ball at address other than it is on the ground.  The other is that my good eye has rotated in its socket around three degrees, making it difficult for me to read side ways tilts in the green.  I've been working for three years on overcoming these two problems, but I can't find a local pro who is willing or able to address these two problems,  There may be other golfers who have one or both problems but don't realize it.  I stumbled upon the existence of these problems quite accidentally.  Until then, I thought my brain changed as I was fairly successful prior to 2011.

For the latter issue, green reading, use your feet to determine the break. Look into AimPoint Express. You read the break by feeling the slope with your feet.

For the first issue, my wife has had that issue all her life due to one eye having diminished vision. She finds the ball in her set up. Make sure your arm stretch to the ball and angle to the body are the same all the time. Practice that so the feel is always the same. Basically use you body to tell yourself where the ball is. She hits alright this way.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I have a brain tumor. I went through 32 hours of surgery in 2010 to remove 90% of it, radiation two years later when it started growing again. Left me deaf on one side and as well as completely missing a balance nerve. Turns out to be one of the reasons I stopped playing (my balance was awful) and then it took a few years for my body to learn to compensate. There are other issues, such as swallowing difficulties and frequent inability to yell, plus a persistent dry cough for six years. 

As bad as it might sound, it was/is  a piece of cake compared to what many people, including my wife, deal with.

Note: This thread is 2854 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!