IGNORED

Masters Week & Predictions

Wood
Note: This thread is 6587 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I Hope Mickelson pulls it off. Especially how well he played at Sugarloaf.

I am so sick of Hootie the dictator of Augusta telling us how much TV coverage we are allowed to have. This is a major and we only get 2 hours of coverage. I missed all of Phil's playing today.

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Cody,

Duval got to #1, decided to change his swing to get "better", and that was the end of him. He hasn't been able to find the magic since. When he was really playing great he was kind of chunky with sort of a handsy swing - he ruined it all by obsessing over fitness and trying to get the perfect swing (which doesn't exist).

In my bag:
Driver - 905T, 9.5* UST V2 75 s
Fairway - X Tour 15*, Fuji TP 26.3 x
Hybrid - Rescue Dual TP, 16* Diamana Rayon x
Irons - 4-pw X-18 PS Rifle 6.5Wedges - MpT BNi, 51.08, 56.13, 60.10Putter(s) - Puku BellyBall - Bridgestone Tour B330-S

Duval is on a birdie binge on the back nine as we speak. I think he is -4 on the back side today. If only that would have showed up at the first hole yesterday.

As for CH3, unbelievable! That's all I can say. He has played well here in the past, but the hometown heat is getting to him big time this week. He took a nine on the 11th as Erik was mentioning. He is giving Coody a run for his money. Duval looks to be clear of Coody this time around.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sheesh - looking at Duval's card for today. Nice double-par on #2. 4-under after that though - too little too late after you've carded a 10.

In my bag:
Driver - 905T, 9.5* UST V2 75 s
Fairway - X Tour 15*, Fuji TP 26.3 x
Hybrid - Rescue Dual TP, 16* Diamana Rayon x
Irons - 4-pw X-18 PS Rifle 6.5Wedges - MpT BNi, 51.08, 56.13, 60.10Putter(s) - Puku BellyBall - Bridgestone Tour B330-S

• Administrator
As for CH3, unbelievable! That's all I can say. He has played well here in the past, but the hometown heat is getting to him big time this week. He took a nine on the 11th as Erik was mentioning. He is giving Coody a run for his money. Duval looks to be clear of Coody this time around.

So much for Chucky. He lost to some 68-year old dude. Seriously, I have to wonder if I could have beat him the past two days... Dave would have. I'd have come close, I bet. Eeeeeeek.

I have now officially given up on CHIII. It's not long until the other "III" goes on the crap heap too.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

What a day it's going to be tomorrow. If I understand it right at ...5am here in california the conclusion of round three and then at 1130am on CBS round 4.
Masters from sun up til' dinner time!!!! It's really a packed leaderboard...this may be really exciting.......

The equipment is there...I'm not!
Driver- Callaway X460 HT
3Wood- Callaway X460 15*
Hybrids- Nike CPR 18*
Adams Idea 21*Adams Idea 25*Nike CPR 30*Irons 7-SW- Adama IdeaLob Wedge- Cleveland 588 ChromePutter- Nike T100 Oz Blue ChipBall- Best deal I can find on a reputable soft ball

Looks like 13 people finished under par so some pretty good guesses there. No huge surprises about who wasn't under par in my book, maybe I would have expected better from Furyk and certainly Ernie.

It was interesting to see 8 (I think) non-Americans under par, especially Clark and Wier. Ames would have been a surprise too, if not for winning the Players. Man that guy bounced back from his thrashing by Tiger at the match play.

Also not surprising is that 4 of the top 5 were there.

• Administrator

I'm going to have to go back over this article and see what's up, see how bad we all goofed.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'm going to have to go back over

Yeah, those who picked David Toms are some real morons.

Oh yeah, I was one of those people. My pick on Goosen was close, but everything else was pretty far off. I'm not too proud of my shady predictions this time around, but at least Tiger didn't win. I pretty much guaranteed he wouldn't, and I almost stuck my foot in my mouth with that statement as well.

None of my dark horses came through for my bets. I did win on two. Duval not making the cut and only 13 finished under par. Oly started to really surge in the last round..I had great odds on him but that first day killed him.
I was really rooting Freddy on. I should have known better but I guess I got caught up in the moment....I thought Tiger kinda acted like a baby.I would have though twice about letting my child watch how he reacted...I would not want my kids to act like that if they shot a round they thought was bad. Wasn't very role modelish.
The ending was kind of a let down...I would of rather seen some new blood or someone who hadnt done it yet to win. But after seeing the way Tiger acted...I am very OK with the results.
Even though Phil is not my favorite....he alwys looks like he is enjoying himself...I liked how him and Freddy rooted each other on...good sportsmanship...sharp contrast to Tiger.
Okay Tiger fans I am sure some will be a little pissed with my comments...but I got sick of seeing him act like that.
Driver- Callaway X460 HT
3Wood- Callaway X460 15*
Hybrids- Nike CPR 18*
Adams Idea 21*Adams Idea 25*Nike CPR 30*Irons 7-SW- Adama IdeaLob Wedge- Cleveland 588 ChromePutter- Nike T100 Oz Blue ChipBall- Best deal I can find on a reputable soft ball

I thought Tiger kinda acted like a baby.I would have though twice about letting my child watch how he reacted...I would not want my kids to act like that if they shot a round they thought was bad. Wasn't very role modelish.

Care to site some specific examples? I don't think Tiger did anything that was any worse than we've seen before. In fact, after Couples missed a putt (on 11 I believe) he raked the surface of the green like Tiger did last year and nobody said anything. Now it wasn't as bad or blatant, but just something I noticed.

The ending was kind of a let down...I would of rather seen some new blood or someone who hadnt done it yet to win. But after seeing the way Tiger acted...I am very OK with the results.

I'm not pissed with your comments, just cite the times you thought Tiger was acting like a baby. If it's his typical swearing to himself after missing his 3rd short putt or waving off the birdie on 18, let us know. To me, he's just Tiger being the competitive person he is. He knew he was so close to putting a great round together and the one thing that he usually can rely on, his putting, failed him.

I was sick of seeing Phil hug his kids for what seemed like 10 straight minutes. Of course if Tiger would have won they probably would have shown scenes of '97 and him hugging his Dad...with Nance doing a voiceover about Earl's cancer.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Well, I'm definitely one of the only anti-Tiger guys at The Sand Trap, but I don't recall Tiger acting in a negative manner anymore than other guys. Even Jim Furyk took a swing at the sand at the 18th hole on Friday that was unlike him.

One of the reasons I'm not a Tiger fan is the useless swearing and other negative actions in the past. As of late, however, he has really gotten better when it comes to on-course actions. He isn't anywhere near as bad as he used to be, and I respect that. He has definitely matured on the course over the past few years.

I really do want to hear about a couple examples. I must have been getting something to eat or drink at the time.

David let me be perfectly clear I am also not Anitiger. It's amazing watching him play.
I had mentioned in another thread "phil's two drivers" that I had only been faithfully watching the PGA for a little over a year. Before that I would usually only watch the majors. So from my personal and very limited experience watching golf...I thought he kinda acted badly sometimes. Just the general huff and puff stuff...and rolling his eyes. Like on 18 when he sunk that putt and the gallery was really cheering him on...he acted sarcastically that he had actually sunk his putt. Like he was saying "oh yeah go in now". Almost like he was undermining the applause. I was talking to my golf instructor and some other guys the other day and they all agree that he was overly negative in his animations at times. I am not the only person with this opinon.
It just kinda gets to me when I see these multimillionaires playing these awesome courses that some people only dream of...getting treated like royalty acting like itty bitty babies sometimes. Like Sergio beating the crap out of his putter last year and Ian Poulter smashing his club into the ruff repeatedly at The Players (although I got a laugh out of that one). These guys are living the dream man!
I just tend to loose a little respect sometimes that's all. No big deal.
As far as Freddy raking the green...I didn't see that...what a bummer
I admit I am a wannabe mid to low handicapper. I'll get there someday (maybe)
I love watching this stuff and will continue to...I am a golf junkie (if the rain ever stops out here)
ps/ I agree with you on Phil hugging his kids. Talk about a PR stunt.It was making me nauseous

Driver- Callaway X460 HT
3Wood- Callaway X460 15*
Hybrids- Nike CPR 18*

Hey I think all that rain rusted your brain!!!The man shares a highlite in his life with the wife and kids and you knock him?Do you have kids?If you do maybe you should hug yours once in a while if you don't do the world a favor and don't have any.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

• Administrator
One of the reasons I'm not a Tiger fan is the useless swearing and other negative actions in the past. As of late, however, he has really gotten better when it comes to on-course actions. He isn't anywhere near as bad as he used to be, and I respect that. He has definitely matured on the course over the past few years.

I don't think it's that. Was he swearing much in 1999/2000? No. Because he was playing good golf.

Tiger swears at himself when he makes a mistake that he shouldn't have made. Two years ago, his swing still in the process of being tweaked, he was making lots of mistakes and swearing like crazy. Last year not so much, and this year with his game largely under control, not much at all. I don't think it's maturing. If Tiger put together a round of 76 with some horrid shots that violated some of the swing principles he's learned the past few years, I think you'd hear him swearing. And frankly, I don't have much of a problem with it. I don't swear much at myself or others on the golf course - never have. It's my choice. Tiger swearing or not swearing has little to no actual impact on kids these days.

Note: This thread is 6587 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!