IGNORED

how often do you really clean your clubs

flopdarock
Note: This thread is 4859 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I wipe them down and use the Frogger brush after every shot. Then I clean them all with a brush and warm water when I get home, grips included. Every time, no exceptions. If you don't take care of your equipment, you are a complete knucklehead.

I played with a girl a couple months ago in this firm outing who had really nice clubs that were rusty as hell, and her putter (equally rusty) still had the clear plastic tape over the insert. It wasn't so clear anymore, since she'd been playing with it for a couple years. I pulled the tape off for her, gentleman that I am. After the round she tossed them into her pristine, freshly washed Porsche.

In my C-130 Cart Bag:

Driver: Titleist D2 10.5° Aldila R.I.P. 60
Woods Exotics CB4 15° Aldila R.I.P. 70
Hybrids Exotics CB4 17°, 22° Aldila R.I.P. 80 

Irons 4-PW MP-57 Project X 6.0, MP-29 PW

Wedges  Eidolon 52°, 60° Rifle Spinner 6.5

Putter Bettinardi BB12

Ball One Black

Rangefinder Nikon Laser 500"Golf...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how often do you really clean your clubs and how do you do it?

I clean my clubs after each shot (the club used, of course), and after every round. They are never dirty or sandy.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

I like to scrub it out before I put it back in the bag. that way, I'm ready for the next time I need that club. I'm not too picky on dirt and dust on the back but I make sure I've got a consistent hitting club I can depend on before I swing.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just as a note, car wax is great for the shafts. My Dad taught me this trick 25 years ago and I still do it to this day. I've never had rust on my shafts.
Driver: SQ DYMO STR8-Fit
4 Wood: SQ DYMO
2H (17*), 4H (23*) & 5H (26*): Fli-Hi CLK
Irons (5-6): MX-900; (7-PW): MP-60
Wedges (51/6*): MP-T Chrome; (56/13): MP-R ChromePutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball CSPreferred Ball: e5+/e7+/B330-RXGPS Unit: NEOPush Cart: 2.0

Just as a note, car wax is great for the shafts. My Dad taught me this trick 25 years ago and I still do it to this day. I've never had rust on my shafts.

That's a nice thing about Colorado... nothing rusts here.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I wipe my clubs after every shot...except my wedges thru 8 iron...I hold off cleaning those until my upcoming shot....then I decide if I want to clean them or leave the dirt in the grooves depending on what I want the ball to do.

Bag #1
DRIVER: TourSwing TVC 10.5*w/VooDoo
FW: Geek 15* w/Graman Limey
FW: TourSwing Thunder 19* w/Graman Limey
HYBRIDS: #4 #5 Alpha RX Low w/Graman LimeyIRONS: Nakashima NP-2 w/Accra i SeriesWEDGES: Same as abovePUTTER: Slighter Olympia #1

I'll scrub quickly after each shot, and then do a thorough cleaning after each round...not necessarily right when I get home, but definitely before the next time the clubs are used.

Sasquatch Tour Stand Bag

taylor made R9 460 - 10.5 | taylor made Burner Wood - 15 | callaway BB Heavenwood 3 Hybrid - 20 | nickent 3dx RC 4 Hybrid - 23 |mizuno MX300 5-PW | titleist SM Vokey - 50/54/58 | scotty cameron Fastback - 33'' | titleist NXT Tourhttp://www...

rubbing alcohol? i heard that wasnt good... i cant remember who told me that... but ive only ever used soap an water

I agree... many adhesives are alcohol soluble.

I don't coat the alcohol on the ferrules or the grip areas, I use it to remove any ink marks from the ball on the faces. Works great, just dab some on a cotton ball and it comes off instantly. Works great on any sky marks you, I mean a friend of yours

, may have put on a club too!
Next time they give you all that civic bullshit about voting, keep in mind that Hitler was elected in a full, free democratic election- George Carlin

In the Hoofer bag:
10.5* Redline RPM G5 16* G5 19* G5 22* MX 200, 4-6, MP-52 7-W Vokey 50*, Vokey SM 54*, 58* G5i flatstick IGNITE ball

Every shot, then once over after the round.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

I clean my wedges every round, especially my 58* which rusts easily. I also clean my other clubs every couple rounds when it's dry, or every round when it's muddy.

Driver: Big Bertha 460 11* w/ Graffaloy ProLaunch Blue 65R
Woods: Big Bertha 3 and 5 wood stock shaft, Light flex
Hybrids: None
Irons: Viper Tour 4-PW -1", 4* flat
Wedges: X-Tour 52.11*, 58.9*Putter: Classic 3 33"The Thing That Goes In The Hole (hopefully): NXT Tour"30 minutes a day keeps...

I rarely throughly clean mine. Maybe wipe them off every once in a while. Maybe once a year I will bring them in and give them a bath. I need to start new habits this year though.

In my bag.
Driver-Adams 9.5
3 wood-Adams
5 wood- Wilson Head Speed
6-PW-Wilson Head Speed 3-5-Hybrid-Nike SQ2 Clone SW-Tour Edge Soft cast LW-Maxfli Black Max Froged Putter-Crossfire

Typically, I'll towel clean my clubs at the end of every round or as needed. During a season, I'll bring them in 2-3 times and clean them with warm soapy water and a toothbrush.

after every round if need i give them i little groove clean with a tee after every shot

driver. taylormade tour burner tp ust avixcore tour green 75 x
3 wood 909 f3 13* voodo xnv8
3 hybrid adams idea pro vs proto 95x
irons 3 no 4 5-pw nike cci forged blades
gap wedge nike sv tour blacksand wedge cg14 56* 14flopadopolous vokey spin milled 64 7putter scotty cameron classics newport...

I clean my clubs after every round,and alot of times the carts have club cleaners on them so during those rounds as well something about looking down at a clean club just seems right to me,a dirty club just gives off no confidence

Mizuno mp 630 9.5 Mitsubishi Fubuki stiff
Taylormade R7 RE*AX 55g Stiff
Taylomade Rescue mid 19* Light metals 95g
Mizuno MX25 4 -52*Gap True Temper Dynalite S/L
Mizuno MP-T 56* / 60*Odyssey White Hot Tour # 1

Before every shot, carry a tool (Frogger, I think) that with some water from the cup or a little saliva and a towel keeps the grooves, etc. clean, at least the irons. Not as consistent at keeping more than the face of my woods clean. Will not hit a shot with a dirty iron.

909D3 (Voodoo, stiff)
King Cobra Comp 5w (YS 5.1 Stiff)
AP1 4,5; AP2 6-P; Vokey 252 08, SM56 14, SM60 08 (Nippon N.S. Pro 950GH Regular)
Newport 2 Mid Slant

After a few rounds or a bit of practice time, I thoroughly clean my clubs with a wet towel. I clean out my bag, scrub the grooves out, clean shafts/grips etc.

But I mostly wipe the clubface after each shot with a wet towel I keep on my bag

Big Cart Bag:

R7 Quad 11.5*
200Steel 5wood 15*
Baffler Hybrid 18* R7 Draw Irons 3-AW Tour Action 56* / 60* Dual Force 990 Pro V1/x

Generally wipe them down after each round, but give them a bath in kitchen sink every week. I also clean them in the provided water buckets at the range after hitting them. I miss my old country club where they had a mechanical club cleaner. It had a pan of water below a couple of brushes (one for woods, one for irons). You soaked them and then held them against the brushes to do the rest. Took about 10 minutes total.

I also keep a wet towel on the course to wipe them down after each shot.

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

During a round, I wipe my irons after every shot but I still clean them after every round or practice session with a couple drops of Turtle Wax car wash soap, warm water and a 2 sided brush (stiff and soft). it has an unbelievable shine.

Once a month I polish em with Black Magic wheel polish. Again, unbelievable shine and it makes cleaning them easier.

Weapons of Mass Destruction
* Driver - SQ Dymo - 10.5*
* Woods - SQ Dymo 3 Wood - 15*
* Irons - Black Pearl CG 7 - 4 thru PW
* Wedges - RAC Y-Cutter - 60* * Utility - Niblick - 42* & 56** Putter - YES Callie* Ball - E6*** Looking to buy a Niblick 49*

Note: This thread is 4859 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!