IGNORED

how often do you really clean your clubs

flopdarock
Note: This thread is 4860 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I wipe mine down after a round and 'give them a bath' once a month. And since I can't golf year round, they get a worked over when the season is over before storing them in the basement.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see... I washed and cleaned my irons yesterday after playing, will hit balls this morning, then wash them down with a wet towel. Brush them off and wipe them down while playing, and I might wash the grips tonight. Clean club faces are highly desirable, and it is amazing how much better grips feel after washing them in soap and water, rinsing them off and wiping them down. If you play everyday or several times a week, grips will last two or three times longer if you wash them frequently. If your hands or glove show any sign of dirt or grim after playing -- wash your grips. Much less frequently, I will wipe the shafts down with a very lightly oiled rag.

RC

I miss my old country club where they had a mechanical club cleaner. It had a pan of water below a couple of brushes (one for woods, one for irons). You soaked them and then held them against the brushes to do the rest. Took about 10 minutes total.

they seriously need these at every course... so far out here i havent seen any... and the manual bucket/brushes are pretty muddy so i dont use them... and the guys that clean your clubs after a round i just dont trust so i say 'no thank you'

RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

• 1 year later...

Good posts. I clean my clubs after a round not necessarily that day but usually by the next day. Just the faces with warm water and brass side of the tool to clean the grooves, other side for back of the club. I heard that if you take hand sanitizer to them after they are dry the club really looks like new. Anyone try that?

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Probably a bit uncouth, but a little spit polish + tee to clean out grooves (wiping "excess" on ground) when needed is about all the love the clubs get from me.

1993 or so was the last time.

Actually about once a year I give them a good cleaning, that usually includes buffing/polishing, and normally sandblasting the faces.  I will wipe them off as I play, and if they are really dirty I will clean them up before a shot.

Brew

Originally Posted by flopdarock

how often do you really clean your clubs and how do you do it?

i hardly ever clean my clubs aside from after playing a shot... brushing it down... then wiping it off with my bag towel... all during the course of play

ill only really really clean them after playing in the rain or mud... bring them in the house... a basin of warm soapy water... a scrub brush... and a dry towel... but its rare

I clean my clubs on the course after a shot with a wet towel.  I play 2-3 times a week on average.  I wipe (clean) my grips about twice a month with a mild detergent and water to help keep them "tacky".

Butch

During a round I carry a wet towl to wipe down the club I hit after each shot. Other than that I play too often to clean them after each round so I usually give them a good scrub down each month(except in the winter I usually dust them-ha!).

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

I'm pretty anal about keeping anything of mine clean, so mine get cleaned after every round.  Bring them in to the kitchen and run the clubhead under warm water, then brush out the grooves and clean off any earth that might be on them.  Dry the clubhead, then wipe down the shaft and the grip.  During a round I will brush out the grooves and clean off any earth during my sod cutting process! :)

During a round I will brush out the grooves if needed, or at least wipe the head down with a cloth.

Note: This thread is 4860 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!