Sign in to follow this  
Quinn07

Sunday Bags....WHY?

Note: This thread is 2600 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

24 posts / 5170 viewsLast Reply

This thread is somewhat an extension of one where someone was looking for a certain type of Sunday bag.

Here's a question...and it might be a dumb one. How come people use these? Do they only use them when they go to par 3 courses? I would assume they hold about 10 clubs...is your bag that heavy that you can't take out the clubs you don't want and just carry/push that one? Just don't see the point that's all. Perhaps I am missing something here.

ive wondered the same thing and all i can come up with is if you are going to play a par 3 course, or if you are going to play 9 holes and you already pretty much know which clubs you are going to need....

Yeah...hahaha..i have one. I use it for times i just want to play with three or four clubs. Usually a 4i, 8i, SW and putter. It beats having to lug around your whole bag just for a couple of clubs.

I have an old canvas bag I used to use for this purpose. I would carry an amended set of clubs. Usually something like D,5W,5I,7I,9I,PW,P. You'd be surprised how well you can play with a set like that. I did this as a younger player when my main bag was an old Hot Z leather cart bag that weighed a good 15-20lbs empty! If I was walking I'd carry the canvas bag with the amended set and usually play some of my best golf.

I just got a small 4 way no name stand bag, for the par 3 course in Okeechobbe Fl. that I will play next month , about every day, plus most of my practice time at the range is with a few clubs, this little bag will make me stay on the scedule i plan for the range instead of hearing the "Big Dog" saying put those irons down and swing me. Ha Ha. It was mostly for the small 9 holes and a few clubs.

This was an extension of my thread, and i wanted one because my current bag is too big to use everytime, especially when i go round sometimes only using 5/6 clubs all together. Its winter in UK and i only fit in 9 some days so whats the point in a big bag when u can have a small light one thats good for a few holes! i am not saying its perfect for comps, but its good for a few holes, and lighter!

I had a friend who had three different golf bags; a staff bag, a stand bag and a pencil bag. The latter was used when it was a hot summer day and he didn't feel like carrying, could just sling it on the ground anywhere. Can't remember if he carried a full set with that, he certainly played 18 with it.

I have a Ping Moon - fits 14 clubs if i have to, usually take 10 or less, great for the winter here and summer - social golf especially.

I think they're a great idea - I bring it to the range (short game area is a fair bit away from bays).

In the winter - all I do is put on all my warm clothes, raingear - the lot. So no need to put gear in a bag. It's more fun playing with less clubs, gives you a greater feel for your clubs and you might just be a little more creative on the course when you have 14 clubs.

They are lighter and smaller than conventional stand bags - I rarely carry mine (Ping Hoofer Vantage) but I like carrying in the Winter when it's very cold (wear mittins) and summer 9 holes in the evening / bit of practice.

I saw a guy the othed day on our course also using one of the PING Moon bags. He had it looped over the strap of his umbrella handle on his cart bag. He had his putter and wedges in it. I assume this was what he toted over to the green each time....not really sure.

I could see where one of these would be handy for range trips, par three golf, etc. They seem to be fairly priced and I'm sure well made....I've yet to find a PING product that wasn't.

i won a sunday bag in a raffle and i love it. its so convenient, its light, holds all 14clubs, and i can carry just enough golf balls. i admit its better to have the backpack straps...but when you carry a light enough bag the straps really don't matter to me. i've only walked 18holes(few times) with it and it was a nice easy walk. i've never used it with a cart though.

I have a Titleist Sunday bag with legs... Originally bought it when a friend of mine was carrying for me in a tournament... Super lightweight, can't carry a lot of extra gear in it but not a big deal... I used it over the holidays walking a couple of rounds and never got tired... 14 clubs is no problem... Great for trips to the practice tee as well

Well then...I may just have to get one after reading all the responses!!! I usually use a pull cart if I am playing 18 and just carry when I am playing 9. I guess to each there own. Well thanks for the information, I have never used one so I was curious.

I think the model I have is the x81... Sun Mountain makes Titleist bags so I'm certain they have their own version... Relatively inexpensive... Double strap makes it very easy to carry

I've had a Titleist pencil bag for over a year now and i love it. It carries all fourteen clubs with ease, no more club jamming than any full size bag i have had. It's very light but it still holds plenty of balls, tees, etc. I also put a second strap on it because I would find my right shoulder getting a little tired over the course of 18 holes. But overall, I think they are awesome!

Note: This thread is 2600 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!