IGNORED

Tiger to speak at the inauguration

PEZGolf
Note: This thread is 5568 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well, I don't subscribe to HBO.....maybe Golf Channel will pick up a snippet of his speech....

My chix stix:

R7 Burner
Burner Woods and Hybrids
R7 CGB Max IronsKoa Wood

It makes sense for Woods to speak, although based on his past, he's probably not going to say anything we already don't know. Both have alot in common.

He and Obama are both multiracial - Woods called himself a cablinasian and Obama, in a press conference referred to himself humorously as a "mutt", so they both know each other in a way most of us cannot.

Both ascended to the top echelon of their endeavor in a way their predecessors never did, showing us new ways in doing so, changing the way their peers approached their sport/campaigns.

Both exude a calmness in times of duress.

I'm surprised no one has compared them more often.

I was hoping, with his newly founded spare time, Woods would help Obama campaign, but as far as I could tell, he didn't - I'm guess his baby and one on the way had something to do with that, plus recovery.

I do see a future round though, Woods vs Obama - I wonder what Woods is going to spot him.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Woods is too smart to throw himself solidly behind ANY political cause or candidate. Why alienate half (or more) of your fan base? Also, his dad was in the military, he went to Stanford, he's RICH...my guess would be that he's a Republican! He is, of course, too shrewd to announce his party affiliation.

He's had plenty of chances to jump on the progressive bandwagon and to join in on some race issues, but he's taken a pass.

http://tinyurl.com/tigerwoods2933

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

I thinks it's great for a 4-time male athlete of the year to get such an opportunity.

Bag- Sun Mountain Superlite 3.5
Driver- TaylorMade R9 Supertri

3 Wood- TaylorMade R5-80XL

Hybrid- Titleist 585h 19 and 21
Irons- Titleist AP2 710 5-PW

Wedges- Titleist Vokey SM60.04 and SM 54.14

Putter- Antigua

"He who rules the short game wins the gold"

Woods is too smart to throw himself solidly behind ANY political cause or candidate. Why alienate half (or more) of your fan base? Also, his dad was in the military, he went to Stanford, he's RICH...my guess would be that he's a Republican! He is, of course, too shrewd to announce his party affiliation.

Very well said.

I'm not in anyway suprised that he was asked. I am only a little bit suprised that he accepted. I believe he turned down an invitation to the Bill Clinton White House before, maybe after his first Masters' title (not sure on that one). Regardless, IF I find anything negative to say about his appearance, I will wait until after I've heard his speech in it's entirety. My guess is that he will, as always, play his emotions and beliefs very close to the vest. I can only imagine what would have happen if he had declined an offer to speak. Whether he wanted to speak or not, he would be the first person to weigh out the pros and cons of appearing or not. I'm gonna cut him some slack so far, probably because I am a Tiger fan.

My comments were not meant to be racist nor did I know about Stevie Wonders charity work.My point is do not rewrite history by comparing hin to gGeorge Washington before he has done anything besides being black.If that is your criteria for the man than will it be an excuse if he fails?I for one do not want to hear over the next 4 years he is being picked on because of his color.I have been a registered Democrat since my 18th birthday and have never missed a vote.But I will ask questions if after 4 years we as a country are not better off than when he started.He has both houses of congress on his side so let him strut his stuff then we can annoint him.

This is important -- yes, it's important that we (finally) have elected our first non-white President. But you're absolutely right to point out that you get no mulligans in The Job. That's one of the reasons MLKjr's lessons were so important: let us be judged not by the color of our skins but by the content of our character. That sword cuts both ways -- whether you do well or poorly, you're equally on the hook.

That's one of the reasons I'm so pleased to have Obama as the president. I think he's an above average candidate without regard for his race. I hope that he'll do well, but if he doesn't, I won't have any problem voting him out in favor of a more promising candidate... Anyway, I hope I get a chance to hear Tiger's speech, but I dunno, I don't even have cable...

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Anyway, I hope I get a chance to hear Tiger's speech, but I dunno, I don't even have cable...

See above, about two posts up. The camera is a bit shaky, but the audio is good.

Plus, it's TST, one of the few sites on the internet where you know you aren't getting rickrolled by a youtube post.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well, I don't subscribe to HBO.....maybe Golf Channel will pick up a snippet of his speech....

Woo hoo! We don't subscribe to HBO, but we got it! Uh huh! Hubby turned on the tv last night and came running to tell me that we have HBO! So we watched a little bit of the Inaugural concert!

My chix stix:

R7 Burner
Burner Woods and Hybrids
R7 CGB Max IronsKoa Wood

better picture and sound of tiger at inauguration

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

Note: This thread is 5568 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!