IGNORED

Calling all TALL golfers!!! Length of your clubs?

Note: This thread is 1698 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

6'4 here, (flat footed, more with shoes). My new Ci11's are 1/2 inch long, standard lie. My Pings were +1 inch, and 2.5 degrees upright, and they just didnt work. Too many swings were catching the heel. The new Ci11's are absolutely perfect. I hit them better than any other Iron I tried. No matter what, I just kept coming back to them, no matter how many sets I tried. My swing coach has noticed a huge difference as well.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by nogoodatthis

Do you guys get longer wedges also?

yes and I play them all the same lentgth since the headweights of all of them are the same  in other words I carry a PW, 54 and 58 and they are all equal in length

• 2 months later...

I think i am the worlds tall active golfer. I am 23 years old, 7 foot tall and 290 lbs with a club head speed that has been clocked upwards of 150 + mph, and am a +1 handie cap. Does anyone know of someone that is taller that is actively and playing golf or on a smi-pro or better level. Erik  "Tower Of Power".

Originally Posted by Tower Of Power

I think i am the worlds tallest active golfer. I am 23 years old, 7 foot tall and 290 lbs with a club head speed that has been clocked upwards of 150 + mph, I am a +1 handie cap. Does anyone know of someone that is taller that is actively playing golf, or on a smi-pro or better level. Erik  "Tower Of Power".

Wow!

My paltry 6'1" frame is tiny in comparison. Even though I am that tall I have 32" inseam and long arms. If measured I'd bet I'd need shorter than stock shafts.

R11s driver

R11 3 wood

Glide sole design 5 wood

Cleveland CG16 irons

Vokey SM4 48*, Vokey SM4 52*, Vokey SM4 56* wedges

Yes! Eleanor putter

6'5 here with 37" wrist to floor. playing standard length & lie. Actually almost 1* flat (gaming Mizuno Mp57's now). Lie angle hasn't compromised ball direction for me. I have also played with clubs fit to my height, didn't make a difference. If anything I'm more consistent with standard.

Originally Posted by Tower Of Power

I think i am the worlds tall active golfer. I am 23 years old, 7 foot tall and 290 lbs with a club head speed that has been clocked upwards of 150 + mph, and am a +1 handie cap. Does anyone know of someone that is taller that is actively and playing golf or on a smi-pro or better level. Erik  "Tower Of Power".

pics or its not true...lol ;)

im 6-4 barefoot.

mizunos .75" over and 3 deg up.

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

alonzo mourning

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 6'6" barefoot... taller with shoes... I have really long arms... 35" wrist to floor... so I can play standard length clubs... my lies are also standard but i've been hitting a slight push.... so I may adjust my irons 1 degree upright

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Originally Posted by onthehunt526

I'm 6'6" barefoot... taller with shoes...

Isn't barefoot the normal way to measure one's height?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

The tall golfer should take advantage of his height, allowing for a larger swing arc.  To achieve a larger arc the shorter golfer needs to have a more shallow arc.  The tall golfer should have longer clubs and learn how to swing  more slowly, with less force, since the long diameter of the arc will allow for a fast club face speed even with a slower central rotation.  For example, there is Ernie Els, the BIG EASY.  That is what all of us tall golfers need to strive for, the Ernie Els approach, the BIG EASY.  We get into trouble when we swing too fast, with too much effort, and miss the ball, hit fat, or do not hit with the sweet spot of the club.  Thus, I favor the longer length club to take advantage of the tall golfer's natural height advantage.  On the other hand, when being taught by shorter golfers, the tall golfer may adopt a tempo that is only appropriate for a shorter golfer.  Hey, what could be better than to follow the lead of the BIG EASY.

• 1 month later...

6'7" here. My Irons are +2" and 2° degree upright. Woods are standard length. Ball position is middle for all irons. Wedges maybe a ball back and driver off left heel.

For me big clues were to stand far enough from the ball to make space for hands and club on the downswing and also to stand as upright as possible to the full shoulder turn easier.

I ebayed a new 60° wedge recently and tried playing it without lengthening it or bending it - impossible! ;-)

Originally Posted by cliffj

I am 6 foot 7. Clubs are +3 and 3 degrees upright. The main reason for the lengthening is due to the relative shortness of my arms. (hence my short basketball career)

I have changed my specs a tad...

I now only extend them 2 inches .(6 iron is 40 inches)

My lies are are as follows:

3 iron  64

4 iron  63.5

5 iron  63.5

6 iron  64

7 iron  64.5

8 iron  65

9 iron  65

pw      65

Shafts are NS 850s

Titleist 915 9.5 w/GD AD-DI shaft Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 14 degree FW wood Ping Anser hybrid 19 degree Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4-pw or Callaway Apex Titleist Vokey SM5 50, 54, 58, (62) Edel E3 Putter ES14 launch monitor ARCCOS

I was 6'2" when I was fit for my clubs 6 years ago, they are 1/4" long with no lie change.  I'm 6'4" now and still hit them fine, but if I wear taller shoes my iron play falls apart.  I'll get properly fitted for a new set when I can let go of my current one.

By some True Linkswear shoes and yours"tall shoe" issue will disappear..

Titleist 915 9.5 w/GD AD-DI shaft Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 14 degree FW wood Ping Anser hybrid 19 degree Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4-pw or Callaway Apex Titleist Vokey SM5 50, 54, 58, (62) Edel E3 Putter ES14 launch monitor ARCCOS

Note: This thread is 1698 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!