IGNORED

Gary McCord................

MSDOGS1976
Note: This thread is 4326 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
Feherty is bad enough.But McCord takes the biscuit.Every time he opens his mouth I keep thinking 'Shut up.Just shut up you idiot'.

Good golf can speak for itself, you don't need to talk over it all the time .He's not funny, he's not edgy, he just talks utter nonsense.He's an idiot, and not even a loveable one.Why does he feel the need to predict every single putt?Then make some daft comment about how he must have affected the result through some kind of psycho-kinesis.Egotistical MORON.And whoever decided having McCord and Kelly Tilghman on the same broadcast was a good idea is obviously no Einstein.It's like a competition to see who can make the most idiotic statement on any given day.Faldo is mediocre at best but at least he sticks to the basics and tries to shephard McCord and Tilghman through the broadcast without saying something too stupid.

Peter Oosterhuis is easily the most knowledgable, the most sensible and grounded of the lot and yet you rarely hear him.Shame.

Is it that hard to find decent commentators.. really?
  • Upvote 1
A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

im sorry, but i am beginning to despise Feherty

Me too - he's working my last nerve.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

It sounds like Gary is on childrens TV or something. I'm just waiting for him to finish whenever he opens his mouth. He may have some sensible things to say from time to time, I don't really listen to him. When he gets going with the squeeky voice and stuff, I just want to turn off the TV. If someone gets him booted from the network, I will send them a sleeve of Pro V1 balls.

I enjoy the accent of Feherty, but I would agree that he tries too much too often. We are watching golf here, not a stand-up show. The occasional joke, preferably a good one, is just nice, but he tries to squeeze in one every time his microphone is on.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I wish they had an option to turn off the announcers and just listen to the ambient sounds around the course and the players. Football needs to have that option too. :/
In the Bag:

Driver: FT 9 Tour 10*
3-Wood: Big Bertha Diablo 15*
Irons: MP-68 3-PW Project X 6.5Wedges: JAWS 52*, 56*, 60*Putter: White Ice #9Ball: ProV1x

I would take 10 Gary McCord's over Rich Lerner in a nanosecond! I now turn the GC off when Rich is on the mic. He drives me crazy trying to prove he's buddy buddy with players and talking about all their favorite football and basketball teams. I used to think he was a good writer and witty with words, but in big doses like we get now, he is nausiating. I now turn the GC sound off and listen to music watching golf. I just can't listen to him.

QFT!

Suck it Rich Lerner!

On another note.. what the hell is this crap on the Golf channel at the moment?I'm as much a Nicklaus fan as anyone, and I like to hear him talk on commentary.But talking to his wife about their marriage and charities etc.I recognise that they're good people, and they do a lot, but are we watching golf or what?Sick of hearing about charity on the U.S. coverage.At times they'll almost list off golfers and how much they give to who.It's like they're trying to force a 'they're all perfect, wonderful guys' angle.It's schmaltzy and fake.Charity is a great thing, but when when you make that much money, giving a few hundred thousand dollars is easy.Sometimes listening to the coverage you'd think some of them are ripe for sainthood!Surely it's classier when what you give to charity isn't broadcast on air?If they'd just stick to discussing golf, the coverage would be a lot more palatable.
A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

on another note, Faldo was seriously pissing me off today, he was trying to be funny too much when quite simply he isnt

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

On another note.. what the hell is this crap on the Golf channel at the moment?I'm as much a Nicklaus fan as anyone, and I like to hear him talk on commentary.But talking to his wife about their marriage and charities etc.I recognise that they're good people, and they do a lot, but are we watching golf or what?Sick of hearing about charity on the U.S. coverage.At times they'll almost list off golfers and how much they give to who.It's like they're trying to force a 'they're all perfect, wonderful guys' angle.It's schmaltzy and fake.Charity is a great thing, but when when you make that much money, giving a few hundred thousand dollars is easy.Sometimes listening to the coverage you'd think some of them are ripe for sainthood!Surely it's classier when what you give to charity isn't broadcast on air?If they'd just stick to discussing golf, the coverage would be a lot more palatable.

It was not just about his charities...... Jack put Dublin Ohio on the map. Murfield Village created a economic boom in Dublin over the years and brought in thousands of jobs to the local area.

It was not just about his charities...... Jack put Dublin Ohio on the map. Murfield Village created a economic boom in Dublin over the years and brought in thousands of jobs to the local area.

That's great.I'd rather watch the Golf.

The Golf Channel unleashed McCord and Tilghman on the World.They obviously hate everyone and want us to suffer.

I was thinking the same. Some interviews and discussions during weather delays, fine. But long interviews with Jack, his wife, his son, discussing their marriage, watching wedding photographs, I don't want to see that. I tune in to watch golfers play golf. Make a documentary on Jack if they want to put him on the TV all the time.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I like McCord. He reminds me of myself, except that most of the time I'm kidding, but he never is.

Really. The PGA Tour is way to stuffy. It isn't fun. McCord makes it fun for me just by being himself. Maybe I feel a connection because both of us have suffered because of our comments concerning the Masters. Anyway...

No one has mentioned that McCord was the driving force behind the all-exempt Tour. No more "Rabbit Mondays." It's all in Al Barkow's book, The History of the PGA Tour . It wasn't his idea, but he did the legwork that got it approved. Every pro on the Tour should contribute generously to McCord's retirement fund for the work he did on that idea.

• 1 year later...

I got a chance to catch the final round of the ATT Pebble Beach. and you know what, Gary McCord was actually alright to listen too. He was giving clear, thoughtful and informative info. I think he gets in trouble when he tries to be funny. "Tries" being the key word, it doesn't come off quite as natural as I feel it does with David Feherty. Feherty has a natural wit about him.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Well it's been 3 years since I started this thread. Obviously, I don't have any pull with CBS or TGC as he is still on the air. ;) But based on the responses here, looks like he has some support. Oh well, the mute button still works so I'm good.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Maybe we should start a petition and call it "Pull the Cord on McCord"

Originally Posted by MSDOGS1976

Well it's been 3 years since I started this thread. Obviously, I don't have any pull with CBS or TGC as he is still on the air...

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

Note: This thread is 4326 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!