IGNORED

Best Inventions Ever

Note: This thread is 3905 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Soft spikes which have improved the quality of the greens.

In the bag:
Driver: Rapture V2, 9 degree, stiff shaft
Fairway Woods: X-Hot 3 wood
Hybrid: 3H
Irons: J36 PC 4-PW Project X 6.0 Shafts, FlightedWedges: CG14, 50 54 and 58 degree Putter: Guerin Rife 2 Bar with Winn grip B330S Pro V1x

I'd have to agree with #1 the steel shaft. The metal woods are a great invention now that the graphite shaft technology has caught up.

Don't think there's anything too special about the modern balls (compared to, say, the old Titleist Tour Balata) except that urethane covers are more resistant to getting a "smile" when hit thin than balata.

I hate the backpack style bag straps - but I think that's just me .

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1. Graphite shafts
  2. cavity backs
  3. lead tape, hehe
  4. shoe comfort
  5. golf course irrigation
Driver: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 10.5* (UST Proforce v2 77g X Flex) 3 Wood: Callaway Diablo 15* (UST Proforce v2 86g S Flex). 2 Hybrid: Adams A4 Tech 17* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex). 3 and 4 Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 20* and 23* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex)
Irons: Tour Edge Exotics...

My list, in sort of chronological order:

1. Power lawn mowers - improved golf course conditioning for all
2. Steel Shafts - greatly improved the performance and consistency of all clubs
3. Modern Golf Ball - improved performance and consistency of the what the club strikes
4. Television - exposed the sport to the masses and created a world of pro golf
5. Sports Agents - what McCormack did with Arnie essentially created the whole world of sports marketing, changing all sports forever
6. Metal woods - Initiated the technology wars in gold, leading to a point where changes to golf courses are now made to accommodate advances in technology

For me it has been video cameras with alot of frames per second. Slow motion has helped me fix my swing more than anything else. I also think the big 460cc drivers have helped everybody's game(way more forgiving).

Driver: Nike Sumo 5000 8.5 stiff V2 shaft
Woods: IDrive 3 & 5 square (Callaway Clone)
Irons: Callaway X Forged 3-PW w/Rifle 5.5
Wedge: Titleist Vokey 2009 spin milled 52 degree Adams 60 degree
Putter: Maxfli BlackMax TwoBag: Nike Sasquatch Tour Stand BagBall: Whatever is in my bag that day

I

As someone who always has WAY too much stuff in his bag (I just pulled out probably a pound of coins, two windshirts, a metal lighter and at least a dozen "water balls") I'd say the backpack straps have likely saved my left shoulder from a permanent slump. >:)

I

Then you are obviously not a walker :)

I'd say Televised golf has brought so much money and popularity into the sport, so that would be the best golf innovation, to me.
In The Bag

Titleist 905T 9.5°
Nike Sumo2 15°
Nike Sumo2 19°Nike Forged Irons - 3-PW Titleist Bob Vokey Spin Milled 56°10°Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2

• 2 weeks later...
The DVR TV recorder- so I can play golf and come home at night and watch the tournament. Plus being able to fast forward on the golfers with long pre shot routines.

Driver: Ping G10 V2 shaft
Fairways: Taylormade R5 15*
Hybrid: Nickent 3dx V2 shaft
Irons: Cobra Carbon cb 3-P
Wedges: Cleveland CG 12 54*, 60*Putter: new one every week

Indisputably the UroClub.

Umm... wow. Wouldn't the liquid change the swingweight, though? And wouldn't you have to remove a wedge or a wood to stay at 14 or under?

Launcher 2009 10.5º, S
Rescue Dual 16º
Rescue Dual 19º
Maltby MTF 4-pw, Rifle 5.5
Maltby M-Series 52.6, 58.8 2008 AnserOut of the bag: Big Bertha Fusion 15º, YS6+ R (for sale or trade)

Oh and as to the OP I would have to say that perimeter weighting has done a lot to broaden the playability of clubs to more players.

Launcher 2009 10.5º, S
Rescue Dual 16º
Rescue Dual 19º
Maltby MTF 4-pw, Rifle 5.5
Maltby M-Series 52.6, 58.8 2008 AnserOut of the bag: Big Bertha Fusion 15º, YS6+ R (for sale or trade)

Umm... wow.

I'd be more worried about it leaking in my bag. The thought of smelling week-old piss on every club I swing is rather repulsive.

-Rich

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

-Shaft tapping
-swing trainers
-tv(swing trainers have to get known somehow)
-I also like where custom fitting is as of now. I don't know how it was before my time 19 years past, but you can get anything you want and or need done.
-Numbers on clubs insted of the names(not so much invention as inovation)

Bag: Ogio
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XLS 9.5 gold stiff
3W: Pro Select 15*
Irons: Pro Select 3-PW
Wedge:Adams Tom Watson set GW, SW, LWPutter: Cleveland VP 1balls: E6+ or Srixonshoes: Adidas powerband"Stop looking at my ears and play!"Home course. Antler Creek; tees; Black 77.5/150, Gold...

Graphite Shafts
The Stand Bag
U Grooves (Goodbye )

Whats in my Warbird Hot Bad:

Driver: 907D1 9.5 - 65-S Aldila VS Proto --- FT-IQ coming soon?
2 Hybrid: Rescue mid-TP 16 deg
3 Hybrid: Rescue TP - HC Tour Only Model 19 deg - DG X-1004-PW: 695CB Irons - Project X 6.0Wedges Vokey SM58, Vokey SM54, Vokey 250Putter Futura PhantomWhere I WorkMy...

Note: This thread is 3905 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!