Sign in to follow this  
denver_nuggs_15

Best Inventions Ever

Note: This thread is 2455 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

44 posts / 17381 viewsLast Reply

I'd have to agree with #1 the steel shaft. The metal woods are a great invention now that the graphite shaft technology has caught up.

Don't think there's anything too special about the modern balls (compared to, say, the old Titleist Tour Balata) except that urethane covers are more resistant to getting a "smile" when hit thin than balata.

I hate the backpack style bag straps - but I think that's just me .

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My list, in sort of chronological order:

1. Power lawn mowers - improved golf course conditioning for all
2. Steel Shafts - greatly improved the performance and consistency of all clubs
3. Modern Golf Ball - improved performance and consistency of the what the club strikes
4. Television - exposed the sport to the masses and created a world of pro golf
5. Sports Agents - what McCormack did with Arnie essentially created the whole world of sports marketing, changing all sports forever
6. Metal woods - Initiated the technology wars in gold, leading to a point where changes to golf courses are now made to accommodate advances in technology

For me it has been video cameras with alot of frames per second. Slow motion has helped me fix my swing more than anything else. I also think the big 460cc drivers have helped everybody's game(way more forgiving).

I

As someone who always has WAY too much stuff in his bag (I just pulled out probably a pound of coins, two windshirts, a metal lighter and at least a dozen "water balls") I'd say the backpack straps have likely saved my left shoulder from a permanent slump. >:)

I

Then you are obviously not a walker :)

I'd say Televised golf has brought so much money and popularity into the sport, so that would be the best golf innovation, to me.

The DVR TV recorder- so I can play golf and come home at night and watch the tournament. Plus being able to fast forward on the golfers with long pre shot routines.

Indisputably the UroClub.

Umm... wow. Wouldn't the liquid change the swingweight, though? And wouldn't you have to remove a wedge or a wood to stay at 14 or under?

Umm... wow.

I'd be more worried about it leaking in my bag. The thought of smelling week-old piss on every club I swing is rather repulsive.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

-Shaft tapping
-swing trainers
-tv(swing trainers have to get known somehow)
-I also like where custom fitting is as of now. I don't know how it was before my time 19 years past, but you can get anything you want and or need done.
-Numbers on clubs insted of the names(not so much invention as inovation)

Note: This thread is 2455 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!