Sign in to follow this  
AbsoluteZero

New Wedges - Vokey or Scratch

Note: This thread is 4056 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

35 posts / 21196 viewsLast Reply

Paying $100-$150 for a mass produced "Scratch" wedge isn't any different than paying for an "Off the rack" wedge of any other barnd. If you buy a "Custom" Scratch wedge it will cost you more that $150. I KNOW there isn't a difference in performance from the 2. I'm not knocking Scratch, but OTR is OTR, period!

Paying $100-$150 for a mass produced "Scratch" wedge isn't any different than paying for an "Off the rack" wedge of any other barnd. If you buy a "Custom" Scratch wedge it will cost you more that $150. I KNOW there isn't a difference in performance from the 2. I'm not knocking Scratch, but OTR is OTR, period!

An OTR scratch wedge that is designed for your swing style is definately different than an OTR wedge from another brand.

All of Scratch's grinds are going to be available in their new OTR 8620 wedges as well as their OTR 1018 wedges, so I would disagree with you when you say OTR is OTR.

An OTR scratch wedge that is designed for your swing style is definately different than an OTR wedge from another brand.

OTR wedges with many different grinds are overkill and not necessary for the average Joe golfer. Most don't know the 1st thing about grind anyway and don't care, but they do look at price.

OTR wedges with many different grinds are overkill and not necessary for the average Joe golfer. Most don't know the 1st thing about grind anyway and don't care, but they do look at price.

This thread isnt about the average joe golfer.

You also said that paying for an OTR vokey vs an OTR scratch is no different... you are wrong. $100 for an OTR vokey vs $100 for a grind that fits my swing... hmmm... thats a toughy.

it's the KBS Tour. you can specify any shaft you want, it's just their preference. I don't know much about steel shafts so that's about as much as I can offer right now.

I'm not familiar with the shaft they use on the scratch wedges. Anyone have any comments on that?

I requested S300's in my wedges. You can get pretty much whatever you want.

I'm not familiar with the shaft they use on the scratch wedges. Anyone have any comments on that?

I have heard only good things about this shaft, I hope to give it a try soon.

+1 for Vokey. Equal or better performance for much less $.

Scratch 8620 line retails for $109.00

Scratch 1018 line retails for $149.00 Scratch Tour Custom wedges retail for $299.00

I wonder if there will be some difference in feel between the cast and the forged lines?

There is a difference... but the performance is the same. I think it comes down to what type of feel you are looking for.

My new 2009 Vokey. $95.

Retail and actual selling price are two different things. If you're looking at cast wedges, the Scratch and Vokeys are pretty much equal on price. If want forged however, the price is going to up. That's just part of the "you get what you pay for" fact of life. If you want a 100% hand made custom built, exactly for you, the price is going to go up again. Same rule applies.

That said, $95 is a pretty good price on a Vokey. Nice score on that one.

... Link?

I am located in S.E.A. so we get things cheaper than the US. No link but I can give you the phone number... But the shipping will be expensive... Scratch here unfortunately are sold for $200+ and can't get a hand on the cheaper ones.

Note: This thread is 4056 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!