IGNORED

How much is your golf set worth?

Note: This thread is 3007 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Oh wait, just posing a question.

That was some good old-fashioned owning right there...

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

That was some good old-fashioned owning right there...

Seems like an overly hostile response to a perfectly normal question, but ok.

Waiting out the 2 feet of snow that just dropped on the course....

See, this is what I was asking for.

I bag a 52* Vokey, and it's a solid club. But it's not in the same ball park as my MacGregor MT Pro DW 58*. If I could find one of those in a 52* I'd buy it in a second, and probably a ton of backups as well.

Seems like an overly hostile response to a perfectly normal question, but ok.

All in fun man.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

Bag-$150
Driver-$350
FWoods-$300
Hybrids-$300
Irons-$800
Wedges-250
Putter-$200

Total: $2350.
Total that my new wife knows about : about half that
Total I'd pay for a security system to track down any sons a biatch who'd dare steal my tools, + peace of mind: who knows

Titleist 910D2 8.5° Diamana 'ahina 80 S
Titleist 909F3 3W 13° Diamana D83 S, Titleist 910f 5W 19° Fubuki Ax 80X
Taylormade RAC MB TP 3-PW Irons DG S300, Callaway Jaws 54° and 60°
Titleist Futura putter, Taylormade TP5 balls

Driver- Taylormade 07 Burner TP hot melt with txxxxx serial number- $550
3 Wood- Taylormade 07 Burner Tp- $250
Hybrid- Titleist 909H- $150 but a $300 upgrade shaft
Irons- Titleist ZB- $900
Wedges- 52 56 60 Mizuno T- series- $100 each
Putter- Scotty Cameron Studio Select- $300

So it cost me $2,750

My weapons

Luncher XLS 9.5 Tour NV 75x
Taylormade 07 Burner TP 14.5* with whiteboard 83g stiff
Titleist Zb 2-pw with S400

Mizuno MP R series 52 56 60

Scotty Cameron Studio Select

I picked up a set of Top Flite xl's as a starter set back in April. I was planning on sticking with that for a year or two until my swing was better, but some great deals fell in my lap so i decided to upgrade early
Bridgestone Stand Bag- $180 (full price, but had to have it when i saw it in Dick's. Needed something with durable stand legs as well, that was the one flaw i really found in the top flite set)
Cleveland Hibore XLS 9.5- $40 (clearance at Dick's i guess, still can't believe this deal. I was seriously considering paying FULL PRICE for this club only a week or two prior, and that was at 100 bucks solid)
Cleveland Launcher 2h, 6-PW- $130 (pretty great condition with dd2's already on, gotta love friends who need money =])
Cleveland Launcher Dual Wedge, Sand Wedge- $80 (I'd prefer some Callaway Jaws or Vokeys, but the off season has been rough on my work hours =[)
Ping I series Anser putter- $115 (First thing i swapped out of my starter set, again full price but had to have it, messed with it in my courses pro shop for weeks before i finally took the plunge)
so all in all around $545 for my current bag, which when you consider the original market price of the launcher irons alone, I'd say it was a good season, at least as far as good deals go.

I have to say though, I don't regret buying the box set at all. For the money, I swear by em. I'm not the hardest hitter around, but unless you're constantly POUNDING the ball and always mishitting towards the heel of the club, these things aren't breaking. A few ball dents here and there sure, but it should hold up. Maybe I'm just biased because I broke 100 for the first time with this set, but something about having a nice, matched set of clubs when you start out instead of old hand-me-downs did wonders for my confidence.

Driver: Cleveland Launcher DST Tour - $300 (Free gift)
5-wood: Cleveland 2009 Launcher- $125
3-hy: Cleveland Launcher 2009- $100 (Free gift)
4-PW: Mizuno MP-68s $660 new
GW: Vokey C-C 50* $90
SW: Vokey C-C 54* $90
SW: Vokey C-C 58* $96
Putter: Scotty Newport 2.5 $300 (Free Gift)

Total I Paid: $1060 Worth: $1761

Will probably be updating Wedges this Spring to Mizuno MP-T11 the Vokey's just don't have that forged feeling that Mizuno so perfectly created. Plus, the Vokey's are a Cast forge I don't get the feel I was expecting.

Driver: Cleveland Launcher DST Tour 9.5 Grafalloy PL AXIS Plat.
3-Wood: Cleveland Launcher DST 15 Grafalloy PL AXIS Plat.
5-Wood: Cleveland Launcher 09' 19 Grafalloy PL AXIS Plat.
3-HY:  Cleveland launcher 09' 20.5 Grafalloy PL Plat. HY
4-PW: Mizuno MP 68 TT SL X100SW: 54 08 Vokey TT X100SW: 58...

A cast forge?

Yeah for got the word not. Cast not forge is what I meant to say. Casting can leave little air pockets in the metal and your shots could be affected by this.

Driver: Cleveland Launcher DST Tour 9.5 Grafalloy PL AXIS Plat.
3-Wood: Cleveland Launcher DST 15 Grafalloy PL AXIS Plat.
5-Wood: Cleveland Launcher 09' 19 Grafalloy PL AXIS Plat.
3-HY:  Cleveland launcher 09' 20.5 Grafalloy PL Plat. HY
4-PW: Mizuno MP 68 TT SL X100SW: 54 08 Vokey TT X100SW: 58...

Yeah for got the word not. Cast not forge is what I meant to say. Casting can leave little air pockets in the metal and your shots could be affected by this.

Ok-but you're still wrong about the air pockets thing. I'm not saying forged is bad, all my irons happen to be forged. But your shot will in no way whatsoever be effected as a result of the modern casting process.

Ok-but you're still wrong about the air pockets thing. I'm not saying forged is bad, all my irons happen to be forged. But your shot will in no way whatsoever be effected as a result of the modern casting process.

Can you provide some information (a link perhaps?) that illustrates how the modern casting process has ensured cast irons irons don't have microscopic bubbles in the metal?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Can you provide some information (a link perhaps?) that illustrates how the modern casting process has ensured cast irons irons don't have microscopic bubbles in the metal?

I didn't say there aren't microscopic bubbles. But I've never read any legitimate study or test that demonstrates that a "shot will be affected [sic]" by them. I like forged irons-as has been discussed in previous threads, they're usually made of different/softer steel than cast clubs, and tend to feel a tiny bit softer in my hands (and ears).

I didn't say there aren't microscopic bubbles. But I've never read any legitimate study or test that demonstrates that a "shot will be affected [sic]" by them. I like forged irons-as has been discussed in previous threads, they're usually made of different/softer steel than cast clubs, and tend to feel a tiny bit softer in my hands (and ears).

Just curious what it is about the modern casting process that makes a cast iron from today better than the investment cast irons from, for example, the 1980s. Personally I think the only thing that's improved since the 1950s the advent of perimeter weighting, more conisistent shafts, and soft (yet firm) grip materials. Of course, I could be wrong.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Just curious what it is about the modern casting process that makes a cast iron from today better than the investment cast irons from, for example, the 1980s. Personally I think the only thing that's improved since the 1950s the advent of perimeter weighting, more conisistent shafts, and soft (yet firm) grip materials. Of course, I could be wrong.

anyone with the last name miller is wrong (ie. Johnny). only joking

Note: This thread is 3007 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!