IGNORED

Mizuno players...

Note: This thread is 4365 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yay! My favorite type of thread... In the MP line, I own the MP-32s and have tried the 62s, 67s, and 57s. I love my 32s, they offer a slight hint of forgiveness, look like blades, feel amazing, and are very workable. I've hit 62s at Golfsmith, I was hitting them a pretty long way and they seemed to be very solid irons. The 67s are absolute butter when you hit them on the button, I hit an amazing laser-like 6 iron with my friend's but have not really compared them to the 32s. I'm sure most would agree they are less forgiving but slightly more solid than the 32s when you hit the sweetspot. Distance was pretty much identical for me. The 57s are also lovely irons. My dad owns a set and I have hit them. They seem to launch slightly higher and are definitely more forgiving. Mizuno irons are great, but it all comes down to how good a ball striker you are/how forgiving you want your irons to be. In order from most forgiving to least, it would be 52s, 57s, 60s, 62s, 32s, 67s, 33s, 14s/29s (not sure about the last two).

I play the MP-33's. I have always loved a traditional looking blades. Being from Texas I have always liked a very flat ball flight (I know that has a lot to do with the shaft, I have S300's in mine). I also have to steal a line from Elk, in that I like very "plain vanilla" clubs.

Not a low handicap but I play the MP-57's and think that they are actually quite forgiving and a very nice iron. I could go on and on about them but I think I've

That was the review that got my dad to buy the 57s.

I play the 62s and was between them and the 52s for awhile. Both are fairly similar but the ability to work the ball was significantly easier with the 62. Both sets perform phenomenally and if you're a 5 handicap I don't think you'll have any problem playing the long irons. They are easy enough to hit that I recently just started playing the 3 iron and haven't had any problems. I understand your dilemma as I was faced with the same one a few months ago, but I went with the 62s and I haven't once regretted it.

In general, you can't go wrong with Mizzy irons. Just need to choose what is right according to your skill level. If you are split between MP52 and AP2, I would give slight edge to MP52 for feel and looks from the top. Otherwise quite equal.

I actually bought mx 25,s because I just dont play enough and for some reason I didn't think about a mixed set but I have demoed most Mizuno irons and the mp 57's we're my favorite MP irons the only reaon I decided on the 25's was because they felt just like the 57's but we're a little easier to hit in the long irons, I would say the 57's are definatley the best of the mp line. I don't know I just didn't like the 52's, the blades are sweet though if your consistant enough.

Thanks to everyone.

After rehitting several clubs and shaft combos - and getting fit by a pro fitter, I made my decision. It came down to the 52s or the 57s. I got an amazing deal on the 57s, new, with the right shafts for me according to the fitting. I'm super excited to play them.

It'll be 70 degrees here on Thursday!

I've got a used set of MP-57 this season, can't wait to play them. The impact feel of a Mizuno on the Pro V1 is something I really look forward to. So far I haven't even dared using them, just practiced a bit with my old set.
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks to everyone.

Good stuff, I am having a tough time deciding between those two sets. If you don't mind me asking, what were the prices they gave you on both?

What was the deciding factor between the two sets? Curse this weather... it was low 60's on Friday and now we have 5 inches of snow on the ground. Bummer.

I have to be honest and say that I am considering switching from my Mizuno MP 30s to Titleist AP2. I never thought I would consider it but they look really good and the ball comes off the face nicely.

I have to be honest and say that I am considering switching from my Mizuno MP 30s to Titleist AP2. I never thought I would consider it but they look really good and the ball comes off the face nicely.

I switched from the mp30 also ................... but to the mp33s.

I used to play MP 33's for about 7 years and then last year I upgraded to Mp 67's with project x shafts and could not be happier. They are a beautifully designed club and are great feeling. If you are not used to playing a muscleback/blade then it will be a bit of a transition, but for a low handicap golfer I could not recommend a better golf club.

What do you guys think about the MP 60's? I'd love to get a new set of either MP 52's or MP 57's, which I still may do, but I stumbled across a used set of MP 60's for about $230.

Problem is, they need to be refinished, reshafted and regripped. At the end of it, I almost may as well have bought a new set, but I was just wondering what you guys think about the 60's vs. the 52's/57's.

Note: This thread is 4365 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!