IGNORED

Eagles?

Ian
Note: This thread is 4994 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How many eagles have you had in your lifetime?

• 1 Eagle
    • 2 Eagles
    • 3 Eagles
    • 4 Eagles
    • 5 Eagles
    • 6 Eagles
    • 7 Eagles
    • 8 Eagles
    • 9+ Eagles
    • Ive never had an eagle :(

I have recently been a member of a short par 68 course with only one par five and that was too long for me to reach in 2, but I have just moved to Dublin and have joined Druids Heath so now have 3 more chances of eagle per round. The 1 eagle I do have is from holing a wedge on a par 4. The ball hit about 3/4 up the flag and shot straight down and in!

S83 Mid-size Tour bag
910D2 9.5º Aldila RIP Stiff C.3 setting
909F2 15.5º Diamana Stiff
909F3 18º Aldila VooDoo Stiff
909h 19º Diamana StiffAP2 4 iron  CB 710 5-PW KBS Tour stiff50º(bent to 52º) 56º54 60ºStudio select Newport 2 Pro V1

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to change my vote from 0 to 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a par 4, 397 yard hole, I popped up a drive and left myself 168 to the flag. I hit a mid-height 5 iron that started left and cut toward the pin. It looked promising - I figured I had a good chance to 2-putt for par, or maybe even get a birdie if I rolled out nicely.

We get to the green and cannot find the ball. We look everywhere. One guy is helping me look. The other guy gets impatient and putts out. When he goes to pick up his ball from the hole, he starts a whoopin and a hollerin and holds up my ball.

YES!!!

Finally, an eagle.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

I've bagged 2 Eagles this year, which is about my yearly average. Usually I get 2-3 when putting for Eagle on par-5's but this year it's been one pitch shot from 110 yards on a par-4, and a chipin from just off the green on a par-5.

Anyways, I played today and hit a beautiful iron shot into a par-5 to 12 feet. I read it perfect but just had a hair to much speed. About 1/3 of the ball went in the hole but it spit it back out,,,I felt sick,,,lol!

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

Had 1 on 02 Apr. Par 4, 337 yd dog-leg left..I cut the angle, went over/thru the trees to just short of the green. CHipped up w/a 7i and by george the hole got in the way. Once the trees get into full bloom, it aint happening!!

We have two rather short par fives at our country club (pretty sure the course plays close to 6900 from the tips). I'm pretty long and can easily reach the green in two if I get a good shot off the tee (course is brutal if you don't have accuracy). I play there at least twice a week--so they come about every other week. If you don't eagle it, you'll birdie it, or you could three putt and par it like i did on sunday Yeah I cried. On other courses I'd say I have roughly eight or nine.

In my bag

907 D2 Driver
904 F2 3 & 5 Wood
ZM Forged 4-9 Irons wedges 52 Spin Milled 48, 56, 60 Newport 2 putter 35"

In my all time low round I eagled 3 of the 4 par 5's on the course. It was in a three day tourney and I was 1 stroke back on the last hole, which was the last par 5, and I tried a hero shot, about a 240 carry over water with more water behind the green. The ball bounced off the green and into the water. Then I skulled the shot after my drop back into the water and got on the green and three putted for a good easy nine. I was playing way beyond my skill level that day hit every GIR except that one and never had mere than about a 10 footer for birdie. Ahh... those were the days.

In my Hoofer Bag:
9 degree Burner '09
975F 14.5 degree 3 wood
MP 52 2-5 Iron
MP 62 6-PWCleveland 588 Gap and Sand Wedge IC 20-10Low Round: 68 The Senator Golf Course Robert Trent Jones Prattville, Alabama

I have had four total. Until this year I had not had one in two years. This year...510 yard par five, just off the green in two, chipped in for a eagle 3!

In the : Nike SQ Tour Bag

Driver: Speed Pro S Stiff 9.5*
3 Wood: Speed Pro X/ST Stiff 15*
Hybrid: Walter Hagen 21* Aldila NV Hybrid 85-S Shaft Irons: RAC LT2 4-Sand StiffWedge: Z TP 60* Putter: Rossa Lambeau Ball: TP Red Grips: Golf Pride Dual Durometer

We have some driveable par 4's and a par 5 that's only 458 (I know, I know) so it's much more easily accomplished than other courses.

Never had a hole-in-one, but it's really the double eagle that I want.

Driver: G10 9.5*
Fairway Woods: 3 & 5
Hybrid: 21*
Irons: I10 4 - 9
Wedges: 48* + Spin-Milled 54 & 60*Putter: Rossa FontanaBall: B330-RX

I think as many have said already, it depends on the length of hole. I grew up on one of those small 9-hole courses that had 2 par 5's both under 500 yards, and 2 par 4's under 350. In all seriousness, I used to get one at least every other round. And more times than I can count, 2 in the same round. For me the double eagle has been elusive, I don't ever recall getting one of those. i do have a few aces, but no DE's.

Brew

I think as many have said already, it depends on the length of hole. I grew up on one of those small 9-hole courses that had 2 par 5's both under 500 yards, and 2 par 4's under 350. In all seriousness, I used to get one at least every other round. And more times than I can count, 2 in the same round. For me the double eagle has been elusive, I don't ever recall getting one of those. i do have a few aces, but no DE's.

I know what you mean. In HS lol our home course for my Sophomore year was a 9-hole miniature course it was like a par 30 lol. 6 par 3s and 3 par 4s. The longest par 4 was 350, one was 240. Lot of eagles on that 240 one which should have been birdies on a tough par 3 but it was a match so it counted as an eagle. Pretty lame but oh well

What's in my hoofer 2 golf bag:

Driver:: R9 9.5* with Fujikura Rombax 7Z08 shaft in X-stiff
3 wood:: R9 15* with Fujikura Motore F1 65g in X-stiff
2-PW: TA2 with Dynamic Gold X-100Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 53* Gap and 60* LobPutter: Pro Platinum Newport 2 with custom paint and stamp on heal/toeBall:

Havn't had any yet.

I've had a couple of eagle puts though.

edit:
My course has long par 5's
there's only 3 and 2 are uphill and around 500 yards (no chance of eagle)
the other one is a great hole.
Downhill and 510 yards.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

• 2 weeks later...
First eagle today!
Smashed my drive on a downhill par 4 to about 78 yards or so. Uphill to the green and a pin that was tucked right behind a bunker. Hitting into crazy wind i hit a 9 iron instead of a wedge, one hop off the fringe and I heard to cup. I was going crazy. Only bad part was no one was around to see =[

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

Today I eagled a hole I've never eagled before. Number 4 at Eagle Bend from the tips. Big driver to left side of fairway, 235 out from center. 4hybrid right at it - landed soft and stopped 4 feet past the hole. Made the eagle putt.

I otherwise had 12 pars, 3 bogies and a birdie to finish EVEN.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

A nice one on Sunday (as if there are any bad ones). Wedge approach on par 5. One bounce, on second bounce it checked hard and spun right to left into the cup.

Four birdies and an eagle on the round. Possibly my last round of the year so a nice way to end it.

Driver: G10 9.5*
Fairway Woods: 3 & 5
Hybrid: 21*
Irons: I10 4 - 9
Wedges: 48* + Spin-Milled 54 & 60*Putter: Rossa FontanaBall: B330-RX

Note: This thread is 4994 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!