IGNORED

Eagles?

Ian
Note: This thread is 4993 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How many eagles have you had in your lifetime?

• 1 Eagle
    • 2 Eagles
    • 3 Eagles
    • 4 Eagles
    • 5 Eagles
    • 6 Eagles
    • 7 Eagles
    • 8 Eagles
    • 9+ Eagles
    • Ive never had an eagle :(

Zero eagles for me. Last year I was on a par-5:

1. Drive (split fairway)
2. 3w (into woods and tall grass)
3. Provisional shot (100 yards out, middle of fairway)
4. Stroke penalty
5. Hole out from 100 yards

A mulligan-eagle, per-say, but not a real eagle :(

-Rich

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had my first eagle yesterday. It was on a 570 yd par 5. Hit Drive about 325 just in the rough. Hit 3 hybrid from 245 landed on front part of the green stopped about 8 feet short on a middle pin, made the putt for eagle. Even though the hybrid was a great shot the putt felt the best because I didn't choke knowing I was putting for eagle.

I guess I've probably had 9+ but I've never really thought about keeping count. Other than winning a skin here and there, I've never really thought twice about them when I've had them.

My equipment:

Driver - Callaway FT3 Fusion (9 degree)
3 Wood - Orlimar Tri-Metal (9 degree)
Hybrids - Bobby Jones (17, 21 & 25 degree)

Irons - KZG XCB 5 - PW

Wedges - Warrior (52 & 56 degree)

Putter - STX Envision

Ball of choice - Callaway TOUR i(s)

Never had an eagle.
Even when I holed out from about 145 yards on a par 5, it was a birdie. :(

I'm not a long hitter, so the chance of getting an eagle on a par 5 is pretty slim to none.

Dan

In my Revolver bag:

| Driver | Burner 460 9.5°
| Wood | Burner Plus 3 wood
| Hybrid | 22° Rescue Dual| Irons | MX-300 / Grads| Wedge | Spin milled 54°, 60°| Putter | Studio Newport 2.5 35"| Balls | NXT, Pro V1x DDH SF Tour, Pinnacle logo overruns :)

I made 2 eagles in the same round once........ and still shot around 80. :( I have made a ton of them over the years. Length and fairly decent iron play has always been a strong suit for me. I seemed to have made more of eagles before putting a driver back in the bag, than I am now.

I made 2 eagles in the same round once........ and still shot around 80. :( I have made a ton of them over the years. Length and fairly decent iron play has always been a strong suit for me. I seemed to have made more of eagles before putting a driver back in the bag, than I am now.

You still have to make the putt, so don't sell yourself short on your putting ability.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I got two eagles in a row today. Both par 4s, hole 15 and 16 at the Palmerston North Golf club, New Zealand. the first was a 280m hole with the tee about 5m higher than the hole. I drove just to the right of the green and chipped it in.
The 16th hole is just over 300m, with water in the way and on the left. At the end of the water is a large tree that obscures the green (green is clear from the fairway on the right, but not the tee). I slaughtered the ball and got a nice draw shape which just cleared the tree and rolled up about 5ft from the pin at the top of the green. The guy I was playing with (a 5 handicapper) couldn't believe it and tried to copy the shot but ended up in the ditch to the left of the tree.
I ended up on 78 (my best score yet) and he got 75
This is the 16th hole, the tee is just below the "Parkland School" label, where the cart path is leading to from the 15th green. http://maps.google.co.nz/maps?f=q&so...06899;&t;=h&z;=17

Haven't made the putt yet. Been close, but just hasn't dropped.
I went through a span for a few years where I just quit going for par 5's in two. I was playing far too conservatively for a long time.

My Equipment:
Driver: 9.5* R9, 73g Fubuki stiff | 3wood: 15* R9 3 Wood, x-stiff shaft | Hybrid: 19* Lynx Hybrid, reg. flex | Irons: MP-68s (4i-PW), 5.5x flighted |
Wedges: 52.08*, 56.11*, & 60.07 Vokey Spin-Milled | Putter: Pixl L1.8, 33.5" | Balls: Pro V1x |

i said 9+. I have holed out twice for eagles on par 4s And i am fairly long and usually have 1 or 2 eagle chances per round. I would say i make 1 eagle every 5 rounds course depending. There is a local course we play every few weeks that has 5 driveable par 4s. The majority of my eagles come from there.

Gibson Bay Golf Course

Note: This thread is 4993 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!