IGNORED

Eagles?

Ian
Note: This thread is 4989 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How many eagles have you had in your lifetime?

• 1 Eagle
    • 2 Eagles
    • 3 Eagles
    • 4 Eagles
    • 5 Eagles
    • 6 Eagles
    • 7 Eagles
    • 8 Eagles
    • 9+ Eagles
    • Ive never had an eagle :(

i have 8 but...do you count an albatross as one? b/c i'd have 9 if it does. :)

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't had one yet. Although 2 weeks ago I had a 12 footer for eagle on a par 5 then proceeded to infuriatingly 3 putt for par.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Never had one. (Honestly, I probably shoot a birdie once every couple of times out.)

I was chipping for eagle twice last week though. Ended up missing both chips, then the birdie putts. Doh!

played with an hs kid who probably shot a 130...
his dad asked me to give him swing tips...
but i just tried to get him not to take the game too serious and relax...
we got to a par5 and he proceeds to hit the green in 2 and downing a 1 putt for eagle...
the rest of the round i couldnt get a par to save my life... but he was playing loose and having way more fun
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Made a fourth today! Hole #5 at Rustic Canyon. Driver, 3 wood to 8 feet, and sunk it. Woohoo! I actually hit #1 in two, as well, but 3-putted for par, haha.
Scott T

G5 9° V2 75 X / 909F2 15.5° V2 85 X / 909H 19° V2 100 X / MP-33 #3-PW X100 / X-Forged Chrome 54.15 60.10 X100 / FGP Black 34" / Penta TP

Handicap is a guess because I haven't established one yet.Best score so far is a 71 on a 6,509 yard 70.3/121 par 72 muni, during a glorious...

• 1 month later...
got one today on the very last hole...
its a par5 578 with serious hills on the right... woods on the left... water at the end of the fw and left of the green... and the green is wayyy hard to putt on with a false front... huge ridge in the middle and a bowl section towards the back... flag was in the bowl...
caught my driver flush 250... then 4w about 215... then my approach shot with an easy 9i from about 110 out went really high bouning once on the front end of the bowl and right into the cup... best pitch in no putt ive had in a long time
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

I've had several over the years. Three so far this year, one on a par four (chip in from 40 yards) and the other 2 on par fives (one chip in from the fringe and the other was about a 10 foot putt)

Still waiting on my first hole in one

In my BagBoy Griplok bag
Driver: Diablo 9 degree stiff graphite
3 Wood: Diablo 15 degree stiff graphite
Hybrid: Hb5 3 stiff graphite
Irons: FG Tour V2 stiff steel  S W: Harmonized 55 degree

Putter: Odyssey Teron

Ball: E6

GPS: UPro

2..... Many years ago when I was a better.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

• 3 weeks later...
I came into the 9th today in a league round at 2 over par and tied with a guy in my group. The 9th is a very reachable 490 yard par 5.

I hit driver into the left rough leaving me 210 home. I hit 5 iron and missed to the right of the green. I had a 20 yard pitch into a severe right to left bank. Hit it perfect, landed and released, and rolled in for a 3.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Zero. Sunday, I get on in 2 on a par 5. Eagle putt of 10-12ft. I four putt it!

:) No matter what, I still love this game.

Tour Burner 9.5 Aldila NV65R
MP-57 3-PW R300
588 SW 54
588 LW 60

You know I find it comical that there are so few eagles considering 50% of the folks here hit a driver 300 yards and a PW 150...

On that note I've gotten quite a few... not sure exactly but 3 or 4 in the past 6 months.
What's In My Stand Bag...
Driver: R9 TP 9.5*
3W: R9 15*
Hybrid: Rescue Dual TP 2H 16*
Irons 3-P: MP-62Wedges: Vokey 52* & 58*Putter: 34" Newport StudioBall: Pro V1x

None yet, came close about a week ago, hit the pin on a 2nd shot on par 4 and ball landed 2 feet away. Still a tap-in birdie is always nice. There are a few courses I play at that have some really short par 4's, hoping I can drive the green on one of them someday and have that chance at an eagle putt.

In my bag
Driver-top flite cannon 460 cc 10.5 deg, reg flex
3 Wood-ACUITY GOLF RCX 14°
3h-warrior golf tcp 20°
4h-warrior golf tcp 23°5h-warrior golf tcp 26° 6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 SERIES irons steel shafts regular flex56° sw-tour seriesram puttergolf balls-intech beta ti

Made my 2nd eagle this week today. 534 Par 5 2nd at Alvamar (public). Driver - huge draw over the corner, left me 175 out. Seven iron to seven feet, made the putt.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

I eagled the 18th, a par 5, at the Langley AFB Raptor course two weeks ago. What a great way to end the day huh! The last time I holed out for eagle was last year with a sand wedge from 90 yards.

:cobra: Amp Driver 10.5*(R)
:tmade: Burner 3W 15*(R)
:tmade: Burner 2.0 Rescue 3-4
:titleist: 714 AP1 Irons 5-pw, gw(Steel XP95 R300)
:callaway: MD3 Wedges 56, 60
:nickent:Omen Long Putter(un-anchored)

I was playing with my 27 year old son a few months ago. He is a lefty and real long with every club. We were hitting two on a par five and I landed about 10 ft from the pin. He landed on the frenge so I was talking trash about how his old dad was putting for eagle. He just stepped up to his ball took two practice swings and chipped it in the cup for eagle. I made my putt too so it was a great memory that i'll never forget. He beat me by about 4 strokes that day as usual.

DLX cart bag...white/red

R1
913F 15*

913H 19*

G25s 4 iron - U wedge

CG 14 Black Pearl 56* -  60*

... KOMBI 35" 

...ProV1

My first one ever was 12 years ago at Conley Resort in Butler, PA. 7th hole. It's a downhill Par 5 with a pond in front of it. I hit a driver and a 5 iron to 6 feet with a Precept Extra Spin ball. That was a good weekend. The next day I had an eagle on the first hole at Conley. Driver, seven wood with a Maxfli Patriot ball.

I probably have the record for three jacks when I'm on a par 5 in two. I will not leave an eagle putt short.

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

Note: This thread is 4989 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!