IGNORED

Hybrid - did you like it right from the start ??

kregan
Note: This thread is 5520 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I bought some Nickent IronWoods last year and love the #3 20 degree which I hit 190-205, but I have no feel for the #2 17 degree, which I was hoping would fill the gap from my 240 yard TP and the #3, but I might have to go with a 5 wood.

Titleist 910D3 8.5* Aldila RIP
Titleist 910F 13.5* Diamana Kai'li
Nickent 4DX 20* and 24*
Tour Preferred 5-PW
52.08, 56.14, 60.04 Titleist Vokey

Odyssey Metal-X #9 Putter

Pro V1x

I carry a 3 and 5 wood, the 5 wood is around 208 - 215 when I hit it well so I choose the 5h at 25* to replace the 4 iron at 25*.

My thinking was at 190-200 I could choke down on the 5 wood for a low shot or hit the 5h for a higher shot. I play the older 2005 TP irons. the flight is lower then my first set of OS 2005 irons.

If it does not work out I may try playing the OS 2005 3 iron, no 4 iron, and use the TP irons 5-P + 52,56,60

The 5h is the same length as my 3 iron... I will have to play it on the course to see what it really does.

Kelly

www.finescale360.com

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i absolutely hate my hybrid.

i cant get over the way it looks at address..

only reason i bought it was for a 195 yard par 3 at my home course that has an elevated green, i thought i needed something to launch higher and come down softer for that one hole.. but i could never get used to it. the funky look of it at address always throws me off...

so i just took it out of my bag and i use my 3 iron on that hole and hope the ball doesnt run off the green....

they're saving graces for most people.. just not for me i guess...

RBZ stage 2 driver & 3 wood

Original AP1 4-GW

Vokey 54.10 & 58.04

Scotty Newport 2

I carry a 3 and 4 hybrid, both Callaway FTs. I love them, they're a very consistent part of my game in a way that 3 or 4 irons never were. I loved them from the start. I can work the ball a little with them, I can hit them high and land them soft and I can hit a lower stinger into the wind. They are probably the most consistent clubs in my bag.

What's in the bag
Big sticks Ping Rapture V2 9° Fusion FT-3 3-Wood, 3,4 Hybrid

Irons Ping I10 5-GW
Wedges Cleveland RTX 54° Spin Milled Vokey 60°Putter Redwood Anser Titleist NXT Tour 1500 rangefinder

I love my Nickent 3 and 4 hybrids. Before I had these hybrids I didn't even carry a 3 and 4 iron in my bag, couldn't hit them to save my life, although I was a 100 to 105 shooter at that time. I just used my 5 wood with a shorter swing and/or choked down on the club.

The 3 hybrid is my go to club on a 200 yard par 3 at our local course. I've hit that green 4 out of my last 5 rounds. The ball just goes straight, far and lands soft. Couldn't be happier with it. My course isn't particularly long so I'd take my driver out of the bag before I'd take my hybrids out.

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

I hated my hybrids when I first got them and I got better with them after a while, but eventually I took them out and put my long irons back in the bag.
I never really got to the point where I was comfortable and confident with my hybrids.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I hit hybrids for quite a while but never really like them. But the trajectory that I got was (in most cases) far superior. But I was never comfortable hitting them.

I finally built a hybrid that I really liked - and the difference was that these hybrids (Wishon 321Li's) set up like low-offset irons where typical hybrids have 'onset' (face slightly ahead of the shaft like typical fairway woods). It make a world of difference for me.

dave

In The Bag:
- Wishon 949MC 10.5* Driver
- Wishon 525 F/D 3W
- Wishon 515 949MC 5W
- Wishon 60* Cx Micro LW- Wishon 550M SW (55*)- Wishon 550M GW bent to 50* - Wishon 550C 6i - 9i (9i bent to 45*)- Wishon 321Li 3i/4i/5i hybrids- Odyssey Two Ball Putter

I don't play hybrids anymore, I just don't him that any straighter than my woods. I had a TM rescue a while ago, and really liked it. Then, for a while, I kept on topping it. Haven't put it back in the bag, I prefer to hit long irons.

My Mizuno hybrid I love and can hit pretty far and long.

The Nike I can't stand. Looking to get a lower loft mizuno CLK to pair with the higher loft one or maybe try hitting a fairway 5 wood my father in law gave me again.

In my bag:
Driver: HiBore XLS (9.5*, stiff, gold shaft)
Irons: FP II 4-GW
Wedges: mp R series 56/13 588DSG 60*
Putter: Unitized TiempoBag: ADIDAS Velocity

I used a Ping 2-iron up until about '06, then got a Bazooka tour hybrid and really liked it once I got used to it, which took awhile. The FT blows anything else out of the water though. Hybrid is a tough club to find, possibly the toughest because of trying to fill distance gaps. Gotta love them, though, even as much as I love long irons.

In my stand bag:
909D3 with 10.5 degrees of loft and a 45 inch Fujikura Rombax 6Z08, x-flex
909F3 15* with a stock Diamana Blue
FT 18* with an Aldila NV
X-forged ('07), 3-PW with Project X 6.0 CG12, 53/11, and 58* with DSG Red X2, 33"All with Lamkin Crossline Full Cord. (except the putter of...

ive never had a problem hitting my long irons so i didnt know what the big deal was on hybrids...
then my brother got me a 3h for a birthday present... i was skeptical at first...
we went to the range and on the very first ball i hit with it... it went about 20-30 yards farther than my 3i... i didnt even have to 'muscle' it around... it was frikken amazing...
i still keep my 3i in my bag and pulled my 5w out...
i kinda do things backwards and use my 3i on crap lies and my 3h on good ones
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

The 3 hybrid is my go to club on a 200 yard par 3 at our local course. I've hit that green 4 out of my last 5 rounds.

Update. 5 out of 6.

Couldn't resist.

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

I love my Nickent 3 and 4 hybrids. Before I had these hybrids I didn't even carry a 3 and 4 iron in my bag, couldn't hit them to save my life, although I was a 100 to 105 shooter at that time. I just used my 5 wood with a shorter swing and/or choked down on the club.

Update. 5 out of 6.

What is this crap - you can't even see the greens in Stickney, SD right now

dave

In The Bag:
- Wishon 949MC 10.5* Driver
- Wishon 525 F/D 3W
- Wishon 515 949MC 5W
- Wishon 60* Cx Micro LW- Wishon 550M SW (55*)- Wishon 550M GW bent to 50* - Wishon 550C 6i - 9i (9i bent to 45*)- Wishon 321Li 3i/4i/5i hybrids- Odyssey Two Ball Putter

I know I couldn't hit my hybrid to save my life for a little while when I first got it. It just took some getting used to, and a lot of hitting on the range. I don't use it anymore but I have room for one more club so I think I'm going back.

Driver: Nike Sumo 5000 8.5 stiff V2 shaft
Woods: IDrive 3 & 5 square (Callaway Clone)
Irons: Callaway X Forged 3-PW w/Rifle 5.5
Wedge: Titleist Vokey 2009 spin milled 52 degree Adams 60 degree
Putter: Maxfli BlackMax TwoBag: Nike Sasquatch Tour Stand BagBall: Whatever is in my bag that day

Did you like your hybrid right from the start or did it take you a while to get used to it?

My first hybrid was a PING G10 15 degree. I ordered it with a shaft that I suspect was too stiff for me. I never really got great results with the club. I wound up replacing it with a G10 fairway wood.

Friday I bought my next hybrid after testing out a playing partners. It is the one in my sig line. I was sold the first couple of swings of the borrowed stick. I ordered one the next time I was in the clubhouse and recieved it yesterday after my round was finished. I took it to the range and hit a bucket of balls with it, my 4iron and 7wood. This club is as easy to hit as my 8 iron.....no kidding. Next time I get back to the clubhouse I'm ordering 3 hybrid just like it....who knows....I may not stop there. It's stupid how easy this stick is to hit. Night and day difference from my ill fitting first hybrid (a buddy of mine took one practice swing with my G10 15 degree while he was sitting on his well struck drive....on a par 5. He had 248 yds to reach the center of the green with a slight breeze in our face. There was a group putting on the green. He figured that he'd hit my hybrid since I asked him to give it try at some point during our round. He thought he'd leave it really short....perfect pitch-n-run distance for his 3rd. He nutted it and the ball soared and dropped right on the center of the green...much to the dismay of the guys walking off. We had to explain the situation to them....one of them was highly pissed. Anyhow....he was loving the club after just one swing!!!).
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Note: This thread is 5520 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!