Sign in to follow this  
bogeyhitter25

XG-7, Sabertooth, Black Series #1

Note: This thread is 3198 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Putter?

• :odyssey: Sabertooth
    • :odyssey: White Hot XG-7
    • :odyssey: Black Series #1

12 posts / 2090 viewsLast Reply

I have an Odyssey 2 Ball putter, with the steel on the insert. Im having some trouble with putting-aiming specifically. I have my eye on several other putters when I have a few quid-the Sabretooth is one of my current 'front runners'. I had a little play with it in the shop and it felt excellent. Very fluid, easy to have a nice straight stroke, due to the high MOI I guess. Apparently it is a big help for aiming too-I wouldn't know yet though. So out of those three that'd be my choice

I'm on the market for a new putter coming up pretty soon, and was wondering what you guys think are good putters of these choices. Thanks.

Depends on what kind of putter you'r after,you've got some very different models on the list if you'r after another 2-ball and you like the #7 then check out the f-7 it has the fangs from the #7 with the 2-ball in between. Now, if you'r looking for a blade the black #1 is a sweet putter I have the white hot tour#1 and am thinking about trading it in for the black I absolutley love the way this putter feels and the distance control is remarkable. good luck on finding the right putter go check out the odyssey web sight and see what they have.

The White Hot XG #7 is awesome. I have never bought one (i've only bought two putters in my life) but every time visit a golf shop I pick it up and stoke a few with it because it feels so good. Definitley check this putter out before you buy a different one.

I want the Sabertooth too ! I have the 2 ball right now and I like it.
But aside from the obvious reasons I like the fact you can scoop up your ball with
the back of the putter :) [back pains on some days]

I want the Sabertooth too ! I have the 2 ball right now and I like it.

Are you saying your ball never makes it to the bottom of the cup?

I have the XG-7. It's a solid putter. I don't really like the Black series putters all that much. I think they are a bit overpriced for what they are, but are good putters nonetheless. The Sabertooth is probably more forgiving than the XG-7. I don't like how the red part is rounded. It throws alignment off IMO. The XG-7 is pretty forgiving, has great feel, and great feedback. Of all the putters I've tried, it is probably top 3 in terms of feedback. I like the softer feel of the insert, but it's not for everyone.

Everyone likes a different feel. If I were you, I'd try out a couple different brands to see which feel you like best. Maybe you'd like TM and not Odyssey...you won't know until you try.

I'm on the market for a new putter coming up pretty soon, and was wondering what you guys think are good putters of these choices. Thanks.

I wouldn't base it on what we think. Although I do have a Sabertooth and a #1 and they are both great putters. I would suggest going and trying putters and pick which one feels best in your hands, looks the best standing over it, and rolls the ball the best with your type of stroke. Putter fitting is HUGE! Are you straight back straight through guy? Do you swing on more of an arc? Putters are built for the different swing paths

Great point on the fitting.  Try this! http://www.odysseygolf.com/global/en-us/fitting/putter-fitting-system.html

Note: This thread is 3198 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!