IGNORED

Tee Restrictions by Handicap

iacas
Note: This thread is 2882 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Should Courses Limit the Back Tees to Low-Handicap Players?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Should Courses Limit the Back Tees to Low-Handicap Players?

• Yes, "seeing the whole course" is pointless when you shoot 115.
    • No, tee choice does not factor into the speed of play.

17 minutes ago, Fourputt said:

On the card, the blues are 6430 yards, the gold are 7067.  That 637 yards makes quite a difference - an average of 35 yards per hole).  I agree that the course doesn't play particularly difficult from the blue tees. as long as you stay out of the fescue.  Drift off the fairway and you have to contend with water and often deep rough.  

And yes, the gold tees require some proof of ability and permission to play.

I'd be surprised if they ever put the tees back to card length, always seems pushed up. Yes it's the fescue that gets people there, especially the unskilled whaling away and chasing balls. I play it maybe 4 times a year and hit a lot of long irons and hybrids from the tee. Dunes is target golf not slash and burn golf.

Probably won't resonate with those unfamiliar with the course but Dunes is a great example of management intervening to make the course play faster. On weekends the tees will be up, the rough will be mown and the pin placements will be sensible. The rangers do not tolerate BS, they ride the course with a tee sheet and ask you what your time was to keep people moving. It's one of the few courses that moves at a decent pace when full.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

25 minutes ago, Dave2512 said:

Probably won't resonate with those unfamiliar with the course but Dunes is a great example of management intervening to make the course play faster. On weekends the tees will be up, the rough will be mown and the pin placements will be sensible. The rangers do not tolerate BS, they ride the course with a tee sheet and ask you what your time was to keep people moving. It's one of the few courses that moves at a decent pace when full.

Courses actually do that in Colorado?

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

10 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

Courses actually do that in Colorado?

Lol Riverdale does most others no. Big reason I don't go out until after 3PM. I have to avoid the herds of golf zombies.

Dave :-)

I hate rules where they are not necessary. Is this really an issue? I am not a long hitter and usually play the whites but sometimes the yellows depending on the course. I just dont want to be told which tees to use. Golf to me is a combination of fun, relaxation, excercise, precision concentration and focus. I play the money, i make the choice. I am not a long hitter or a back tees player just dont want mandates deciding where I should play.

4 minutes ago, Dan42nepa said:

I hate rules where they are not necessary. Is this really an issue? I am not a long hitter and usually play the whites but sometimes the yellows depending on the course. I just dont want to be told which tees to use. Golf to me is a combination of fun, relaxation, excercise, precision concentration and focus. I play the money, i make the choice. I am not a long hitter or a back tees player just dont want mandates deciding where I should play.

I think a person should play whatever tees he/she wants as long as he/she isn't holding up the golfers behind him/her.

13 hours ago, 9wood said:

I think a person should play whatever tees he/she wants as long as he/she isn't holding up the golfers behind him/her.

There is the problem. High HC players on the tips will always slow things down and hold up the players behind. Low HC players will be taking far fewer strokes. Strokes take time, as does searching a walking to a wayward shot. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

8 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

There is the problem. High HC players on the tips will always slow things down and hold up the players behind. Low HC players will be taking far fewer strokes. Strokes take time, as does searching a walking to a wayward shot. 

True. However, on super slow days when hardly anyone is at the course you have occasion to take more time.

8 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I play daily with a scratch golfer. We have to wait longer on par 4s for the group ahead to get out of range, some par 4's are drivable for him so we wait for the green to clear. I am bascially ready for my second shot after playing from the seniors but have to wait for my friend. I think it all evens out.

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 5:59 PM, iacas said:

It's not a guarantee, but it goes a long way toward helping.

I would also add that I'm pretty sure people don't play faster when they tee it up further back.  It can only, really, get faster as they move forward.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Note: This thread is 2882 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!