IGNORED

Best looking set of irons

Note: This thread is 3287 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by dak4n6

I recently bought a new set of Wilson Staff blades. All they say is 'Tour Blade' on them. I asked the seller if they were a new model in the Staff line, and he said they were actually a re-issue of a classic FG model (FG2 I think) made for one of the large distributors. Anyway, they are drop dead gorgeous!

Before that, I had Macgreggor MT pro M blades, (my son is now playing them), and they are pretty easy on the eyes also...

Those are pretty nice ^^^

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd have to say, of the current clubs, it would be the Mizuno MP-63's (don't own them) And of all time- hogan director blades (which I do own and love!)

68's get my vote too

Nakashima NP2. If you like simple, clean and classy, IMO it's hard to beat these.

Originally Posted by MiniBlueDragon

Sorry but that's ridiculous. "best looking" most definitely does not mean "the best for your game"

By your logic my little Toyota Yaris is the best looking car in the world because it's perfect for me with the limited parking around my home, insurance, miles per gallon and price of the vehicle. Quite clearly though in reality there are a lot better looking cars out there.

Best looking = Best aesthetic appearance; it has nothing at all to do with performance.

You are incorrect for 2 reasons

1) Love is blind and ugly clubs look beautiful when sufficiently motivated to overlook the flaws. Just like the girls get prettier at closing time.

2) Although the movie star may be much more attractive as defined by the media what comes out of the husbands mouth better be his wife's name

That being said I nominate Hogan Apex Edge for all the reasons I describe.  But when the "wife" ain't looking I might peek at the Mizuno forged irons now and then.

vas_792_med.jpg

Blades are for losers!  Behold the most beautiful club in recorded history.

• Upvote 1
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by bwdial

I think I just threw up a little...

Originally Posted by LuciusWooding

I think I just threw up a little...

Only a little?  Let me see if I can find some other angles.

Only a little?  Let me see if I can find some other angles.

It looks like a soda can that got run over by a truck... Then an unskilled welder welded it onto the hosel crosseyed, and dipped it in molten lead to give it the dull finish. I could live with that, but then they added the hideous decal to the cavity just to make it worse. If it weren't for the decal it might look like a prototype shovel design made by someone who had never seen a golf club or a shovel before, but had both of them described to him by a blind man of low intelligence, made from the inside of a steel toed boot from communist Russia made from low-quality steel. But the decal makes it worse; as if it would fix the appearance of the club...

That said, I'd bag them. 2 garbage bags, to be exact.

Oh crap I remember those. Put a set of those along with a Power Pod driver in your bag, and put them on display at the Guggenheim as outsider art.

It was so hard to say good bye to my Cleveland CG1.  Switched to Titleist AP - I can tell with these irons that they are made with more exactness. You have more feel for the shot and yet they are more forgiving.

Originally Posted by onthehunt526

ok laugh at me for being nostalgic... Titleist 990 or 990bs... play like forged but are somewhat forgiving... and look great at set-up

??????????????????????????????

Shorty, do you get an email alert every time someone on the internet uses the word "forged", just so you can admonish them?

• 2 weeks later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean_miller View Post
None

Can't go wrong with a MacGregor - a timeless classic.

I'll see your M85 and raise you a copper face and a higher/sharper toe I agree timeless classics.

Colokrom M85

+1 I'm currently playing this set.  They are as sexy at address as they are from a distance.

Originally Posted by bbedell

These are currently giving me a boner :)

• 4 weeks later...
Note: This thread is 3287 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!