IGNORED

Pet Peeves

Ben
Note: This thread is 5363 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad drivers.
People who do not care what others think and just do whatever they would like.
SMOKING. thats my biggest one.
Theres so many more

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

My pet peeve is people who care what others think...
And people who hate on smokers.
People who signal when they change lanes...what a wasted effort.

/E - SARCASM!

• 2 weeks later...
What's my pet peeve? I just played a seven hour round. Yes. A seven hour round. My friend and I are both pretty PO'd right now.

Pebble Creek Golf Course in Colts Neck, NJ. Don't. Ever. Play. There. On. The. Weekend. So help you God.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I spent 7 hours on the golf course on a Wednesday! And only about an hour of that was my fault for miscommunicating a tee time. Still... on a weekday? cmon...

i found a new pet peeve today. people that think price is an indicator of quality. had no idea how much that bothered me...

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5° Stock Stiff
Wood: Tour Burner TS 13° Stock Stiff
Hybrid: Tour Burner T2 18° Stock Stiff
Irons: Tour Preferred 3-PW Rifle Project X 6.0
Wedges: 54.10|58.08 Z TP Rifle Spinner 5.5 Putter: VP Mills VP2 Ball: TP/Red.LDP Bag: Warbird Hot Stand Bag 2.0Started playing...

1- A group in front of us that is really slow, with open holes in front of them. especially a foursome that doesn't wave a twosome past.
2- people who hit from the back tee's when they should be playing the front.
3- when i get a double bogey :)

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

I have a lot of peeves... today I'm in a driving mood, so I'll focus on those.

Idiots who run red (or very late yellow) lights.

People who don't pull into the intersection when waiting to make a left turn, thereby not getting to make the turn when the light turns yellow.

People who don't pull into the intersection, but somehow think they automatically get to make the turn anyway, running the red.

Ridiculously short pedestrian walk signal cycles that don't occur unless you push the button to trigger them. Around here, they've "upgraded" all the walk signals not to turn unless you push the button, and then you get just barely enough time to briskly walk across the street. When I'm pushing a stroller, I can't get across before the thing has cycled back to solid don't walk. I can't imagine trying to maneuver this in a wheelchair. The ridiculous thing is it doesn't affect the timing of the traffic light cycle, so it does nothing but make things more dangerous for pedestrians.

People who weave in and out of lanes in heavy traffic -- come on guys, you're making it worse for everyone.

etc, etc, etc...

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

I have a lot of peeves... today I'm in a driving mood, so I'll focus on those.

I understand most of what you say... but you do realize that being stopped in an intersection regardless of the reason is grounds for a ticket? If you pull into the intersection and have to stop before you can turn, you are breaking the traffic laws (at least in Texas you are.)

I'm just wondering if you're aware of that because getting peeved because it seems out of place to me considering the other peeves. As far as traffic goes. Slow traffic in the left lane -- hands down the biggest pet peeve i have on he road.

Wedges: 54.10|58.08 Z TP Rifle Spinner 5.5 Putter: VP Mills VP2 Ball: TP/Red.LDP Bag: Warbird Hot Stand Bag 2.0Started playing...

I understand most of what you say... but you do realize that being stopped in an intersection regardless of the reason is grounds for a ticket? If you pull into the intersection and have to stop before you can turn, you are breaking the traffic laws (at least in Texas you are.)

I can't find any reliable links that confirm or deny categorically whether it's illegal to enter the intersection before turning left, but I'm skeptical. Maybe it is in some states -- if you have any firm information to confirm this (i.e., a link to driving laws, a handbook, or a quote from one of these), I'd be very interested. Frankly, I don't see the logic.

It is definitely illegal in some states (perhaps all, definitely California) to enter the intersection for any purpose if you cannot exit it when the light changes. But there is no law against entering and waiting.

In the bag:

http://public.findlaw.com/traffic-ti...affic-law.html

You can download the handbook and check Chapter 7-1.

Further:

"Sec. 545.302. STOPPING, STANDING, OR PARKING PROHIBITED IN CERTAIN PLACES. (a) An operator may not stop, stand, or park a vehicle:

(1) on the roadway side of a vehicle stopped or parked at the edge or curb of a street;

(2) on a sidewalk;

(3) in an intersection;

(4) on a crosswalk;

(5) between a safety zone and the adjacent curb or within 30 feet of a place on the curb immediately opposite the ends of a safety zone, unless the governing body of a municipality designates a different length by signs or markings;

(6) alongside or opposite a street excavation or obstruction if stopping, standing, or parking the vehicle would obstruct traffic;

(7) on a bridge or other elevated structure on a highway or in a highway tunnel;

(8) on a railroad track; or

(9) where an official sign prohibits stopping."

Like I said, it may be a Texas thing only, but it IS a Texas thing without doubt. The above is quoted from the Texas Transportation Code TITLE 7, VEHICLES AND TRAFFIC SECTION 545.302. STOPPING, STANDING, OR PARKING PROHIBITED IN CERTAIN PLACES.

So no, there is no law against entering the intersection and waiting WHILE IN MOTION. There is a law against entering and waiting while stopped.

Again, these are Texas laws... so you're argument may still be completely void of this mumbo jumbo in CA :)

Thanks for the information. Obviously I'm going to have to add the Texas law to my list of pet peeves! ;) Perhaps the roads and signals are arranged differently there than they are in the places I've lived (I've been through the state a couple times, but only on highways). Some of the roads here, or moreso in Boston, if you actually waited behind the line you would literally wait an hour before you could put a single car through. By waiting in the intersection, you guarantee one or two cars can proceed each cycle, regardless of oncoming traffic. I suppose a protected left would ameliorate this... still, I don't see the problem with entering the intersection to wait from any perspective other than "it's the law." If you block the intersection after the light changes, there's a separate law for that (or there could be). Oh well.

The last peeve (for now) is laws/rules that only exist for their own sake and don't further a legitimate goal...

In the bag:

My top five would have to be:
1. When people say "could care less" when they mean "couldn't care less".
2. Someone who allows what's "popular" to guide their personal decisions.
3. The use of "secret codes" (no, not like language, but when people have certain weird guidelines that they expect others to follow without telling them, when they do this just to be obnoxious).
4. Those who look for any excuse to make an anti-American comment.
5. Blaming others for what's your fault and taking credit for someone else's work at the same time.

The person who blows their nose in a restaurant while still sitting at the table, booth, or anywhere within hearing distance.

It can ruin my meal in an instant - no matter how great the food is, just the sound of SNOT shooting out and sounding like anything from a "TRUMPET" to a semi-clogged DRAIN, really ticks me off!

I cannot understand why people do this while others are eating within a few feet of of them.

I mean, I can handle a wipe or a small sniffle......but........ BLOW YOUR HORN IN THE RESTROOM!

How would they feel if I were to shove a napkin down the back end of my pants, take a deep breath and fart.....squirt.....squeek......and eventually pass a THUNDEROUS chunk of TURD, all while they eat their meal, then place the napkin in my pocket ......like nothing happened?
Driver - Cleveland HiBore 9.5
Wood - Taylor Made V Steel TS 3W
IW - Nickent 3DX Ironwood DC 3IW
Irons - Taylor Made Burner OS 5-PW
Wedges - Zevo 52...56Putter - MacGregor by Bobby Grace DCT Sunset

How would they feel if I were to shove a napkin down the back end of my pants, take a deep breath and fart.....squirt.....squeek......and eventually pass a THUNDEROUS chunk of TURD, all while they eat their meal, then place the napkin in my pocket ......like nothing happened?

Gnarly comparison

Bag: Cheapo
Driver:983K
Woods: Steelhead
Irons-PW: X-12
SW: 56* CG14LW: 60* CG14Putter:Craz-E "I Series"BallNY, NY"Chinch Bugs"

Gnarly comparison

i second that. Mayb a bit exagerated but very funny ha ha ha.

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

Someone driving down the road leaving their turn signal on!

Bag- Sun Mountain Superlite 3.5
Driver- TaylorMade R9 Supertri

3 Wood- TaylorMade R5-80XL

Hybrid- Titleist 585h 19 and 21
Irons- Titleist AP2 710 5-PW

Wedges- Titleist Vokey SM60.04 and SM 54.14

Putter- Antigua

"He who rules the short game wins the gold"

• 2 weeks later...
"Muscle memory"

Since when do your muscles have memory capabilities? I've seen this phrase pop up a bit here lately and its driving me bonkers.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Someone driving down the road leaving their turn signal on!

+1!!!

"Muscle memory"

When an active person repeatedly trains movement, often of the same activity, in an effort to stimulate the mind’s adaptation process, the outcome is to induce physiological changes which attain increased levels of accuracy through repetition. Even though the process is really brain-muscle memory or motor memory, the colloquial expression "muscle memory" is commonly used (wikipedia.com).

It is the best explaination I could find...my pet peeves... 1. Being Late 2. Excessive talking and giving lessons on the range 3. Know it alls
DBake
Titleist 909D3 10.5* Tour Green 89 Stiff
Titleist 906F2 15* v2 85 Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 2-PW S300
Mizuno MP-R 52* & 59*Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5Titleist Pro V1Leupold GX-1The Home Course (75.7/130)

Note: This thread is 5363 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!