IGNORED

Light's Out for the rest of the NHL

Bryan72
Note: This thread is 5411 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
My two favorites are the Pittsburgh Pigeons (been using that one for years and it is truely timeless)... And new to me this year, "Ovenchicken"... Made me laugh hard and I'm a Caps fan!

You can't spell "Ovechkin" without "Choke."

I think that was one of the Pensblog titles one day... Pens fans have referred to the team as the Pigeons, particularly some of the logos. So no problem there.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So a team that's famously clutchy and grabby is helped just as much as a team that's got perhaps two of the most skilled players in the league under 1995, clutchy/grabby rules? That makes no sense.

You're right NO ONE on the Pens ever clutches or grabs...

Uhm, no, I don't. Why are Detroit fans always leaping to conspiracy theories? From what I've heard, if you read A2Y, that's almost all they talk about.

No, it was you that started the crying about officiating...

Why should they have had a week's rest? That makes no sense. Because a few of them were dinged up? Several Pens were injured last year. It's the SCF! You play! Without whining. Gonchar came back in game 5 last year after being fairly seriously injured in the game. Ryan Malone took a puck in the face and came back (same game, I believe).

The NHL changed the schedule to start the finals early... and I'm not complaining. I only mentioned it because your complaints about the officials made you sound as if you thought the Pens where getting treated unfairly, and as if the NHL secretly wanted the Wings to win or something. My point was, if that was the case they would have left the schedule the same.

You're a fan and you can't even spell your team member's names?

Seriously... that's the best you have... I don't remember/know how to spell his name so I must not be a fan? I know there are a few ways to spell it, it is not a typical English name. I don't see any relevance whatever in that regard. I live in NC and couldn't watch my usual fill of Wing's games during the regular season, and for that reason I am less of a fan than others?

I guess I would rather be the type fan I am... happy for wins, but respectful in defeat rather than bitchy and whinny about losing, and boastful and arrogant in winning, even if I can't spell all the names. Also... Cindy is still funny, and it is the simplicity of it that makes it so. So is Ovenchicken though. It is always funny to have a good rivalry and poke a little fun at the other team... as long as it doesn't get too out of hand. As for who will take the series... it will be the better team... and I can live with that... the question is how will you react if you don't get your way... will you make excuses or congratulate the Champs?
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

• Administrator
You're right NO ONE on the Pens ever clutches or grabs...

With the regularity of the Red Wings? Not even close, no.

No, it was you that started the crying about officiating...

Crappy reffing is not a conspiracy theory... It's just bad reffing.

The NHL changed the schedule to start the finals early... and I'm not complaining.

I know they changed it. Was going to start June 5 IIRC.

Had the Pens played a 6 or 7-game series (or the Red Wings), they'd have used the original schedule. Again, the Pens had only one extra day off - because they swept - than the Red Wings. If Wings had swept they'd have had the extra day off over the Pens.
I only mentioned it because your complaints about the officials made you sound as if you thought the Pens where getting treated unfairly, and as if the NHL secretly wanted the Wings to win or something.

Do I think it's unfair to revert to 1995 rules in 2009? Yeah. Is it anything like the allegations of conspiracy theory you've leveled due to one day off? No.

Seriously... that's the best you have...

It's one of many, and far from the best. It seems to have bothered you to have it pointed out. Do you read game re-caps, blogs, or anything about "your" team after the game? Because you'd have probably picked up the spelling if you did... like a true hockey fan. Or are you just a sunshine fan? Wouldn't a real fan have gotten NHL Center Ice so you could have seen most of your team's games?

I guess I would rather be the type fan I am... happy for wins, but respectful in defeat rather than bitchy and whinny about losing, and boastful and arrogant in winning, even if I can't spell all the names.

And I'd rather be an intelligent hockey fan that recognizes when the game has inexplicably reverted back to 1995 rules, and to dislike that change. If you want your share of arrogance, bitching, and whining, look no further than Mike Babcock.

How easy it must be to dismiss everyone as a whiner when they bring up valid points and to dismiss everything that goes against the Red Wings as some sort of conspiracy theory.
Also... Cindy is still funny, and it is the simplicity of it that makes it so.

If you like third-grade humor. Hey, have you heard, some people like to call your second goalie "Zetterturd." That's potty humor, I guess - right up your alley too?

As for who will take the series... it will be the better team... and I can live with that... the question is how will you react if you don't get your way... will you make excuses or congratulate the Champs?

If the reffing improves, the better team will win the Stanley Cup for the third time in their history.

I can live with whichever team wins, but I'll feel a lot better about it if they play 2008/2009 hockey instead of 1995 hockey. If we keep seeing 1995 hockey, the team that plays clutch-and-grab best will win, and that's not the same thing as the better hockey team.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

And I'd rather be an intelligent hockey fan that recognizes when the game has inexplicably reverted back to 1995 rules, and to dislike that change. If you want your share of arrogance, bitching, and whining, look no further than Mike Babcock.

I'm not Mike Babcock... and I would like to see them call more stuff, but I don't think it has had ANY impact on the outcome of a game. My opinion, an it's one I'm entitled to.

It's one of many, and far from the best. It seems to have bothered you to have it pointed out. Do you read game re-caps, blogs, or anything about "your" team after the game? Because you'd have probably picked up the spelling if you did... like a true hockey fan. Or are you just a sunshine fan? Wouldn't a real fan have gotten NHL Center Ice so you could have seen most of your team's games?

Center Ice is expensive... certainly not everyone can afford it, and to say one is not a real fan because they cannot afford something is in poor taste. I did buy Center Ice (although only a half season)... but I still only had time for so many games.

Also... Blogs, no, ESPN and the occaisional article on TSN or otherwise, yes. And somehow I never picked up on the spelling. FYI - I've played hockey since I was 5, travel hockey most of that time and still play as an adult... I followed the Wings through that entire period... the game 7 loss to Toronto, the elimination by SJ, and even before that when they were called the Dead Wings becuase they were so bad, so I'm hardly a fair weather fan as you have elluded to... and frankly, I'm a little insulted by the insinuation. I recall the days of Rick Zombo, Ray Shepard, Sean Burr, etc... so NO I am not a fair weather fan... bandwagon jumper or otherwise.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

• Administrator
I would like to see them call more stuff, but I don't think it has had ANY impact on the outcome of a game. My opinion, an it's one I'm entitled to.

You may be entitled to it, but that doesn't make it a good opinion.

In my opinion, it's incredibly silly to think that one team, famous for clutching, grabbing, and obstructing/interfering doesn't benefit when clutching/grabbing/obstructing/interfering penalties don't get called.
FYI - I've played hockey since I was 5

I've read the thread. No need to repeat yourself. I think you said all of that back on page 1.

so NO I am not a fair weather fan... bandwagon jumper or otherwise.

OK.

ONE more win... Pittsburgh will be tough at home, but hopefully this ends in six!

I am a little suprised the way the Pens lost composure for a bit... you can be sure they will come out swinging in game 6.

Anyone see part of the South Carolina Stingrays v. Alaska Aces in the ECHL... SC won in 7 and it has to be the most travel ever involved in a series. SC is a part of the Caps minor program, and on a side note, the Caps other affilate in Hershey is still in the hunt for the championship... so it might be just the Caps themselves who fall short while their two affiliates take home titles... craziness.

Great game tonight and suprised the Pens couldnt find one goal seeing how they won the last two. Osgood played great though. But the penlaties killed Pittsburgh, they should probably stop trying to fight when the puck has been covered up.
Lets hope the Wings end this in 6.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

Looks like it may come down to home ice advantage.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

• Administrator
Looks like it may come down to home ice advantage.

Perhaps. The Pens have faced adversity all year, though, and winning two games in a row will simply be the final bit of adversity they'll overcome.

• Administrator

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

Congrats to the Penguins! What side dish goes best with crow lol?

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

• Administrator
Congrats to the Penguins! What side dish goes best with crow lol?

I dunno - ask Marian Hossa? He's got a full plate coming his way.

Ah its alright. Pens played great.
Number of cups.
Detroit:11
Pitt: 3

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

• Administrator
Ah its alright. Pens played great.

Yeah, let's skew the numbers by counting the Cups they won when there were six teams in the league.

Cups since 1967, the year the Pens entered the league: 4 - Detroit. 3 - Pittsburgh. Changes things a little. Plus, last year doesn't even matter, let alone a Stanley Cup won in 1936. And you know, in a few months, yesterday won't really matter. Still, props for showing up in this thread. I'm still waiting for Big_M's post. He appears to have pulled a Hossa and disappeared. Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

Note: This thread is 5411 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!