IGNORED

Sky Caddie .... WOW

Note: This thread is 5519 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Geez...I feel like a beaten dog.

If you don't like the forum you can go someplace else. I like this forum, the people on this forum for the most part try to help each other out. Also it is not covered with advertisements. I am sorry that you got off on the wrong foot here but give it some time.

R9 with 757 Speeder
mp 57 3-pw project x 6.0 flighted
Vokey* 56* 60*
Monza Corsa Putter

i have a golf logix gps its really good about 200 on ebay a 20 bucks a year subscription unlimeted downoads in your state.it works really good to.

Really, I thought you didnt need a subscription with the golf logix?? I guess I will be keeping my skycaddie then.

What's in my Nike Sasquatch Tour Stand Bag:

L4V 9.5F Driver
909F2 13.5* VooDoo Stiff Flex Shaft
VR Forged Split Cavity 3-PW Custom Newport 2.6 Vokey Spin Milled 56.11 Wedge 60.10 SV Tour Wedge Diablo Golf Balls / ZIP Golf Balls SG 2.5

Does anyone have any experience mapping out their courses on their own using their GPS? I know my SG4 has that capability.

I've mapped a couple of courses with a GPS unit I had in 2006 and all I could do was map to the middle of the green. I would imagine with the newer units you probably could get quite a bit more detail if you wanted to. Of course, if you've already paid your subscription fee, why bother?

Alan Olson

Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!
Check out our Facebook page!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've mapped a couple of courses with a GPS unit I had in 2006 and all I could do was map to the middle of the green. I would imagine with the newer units you probably could get quite a bit more detail if you wanted to. Of course, if you've already paid your subscription fee, why bother?

Also, mapping a course for yourself only applies if you are going to play it more than once. On a golf vacation it's not unusual to play several courses one time each, thus they need to be well mapped in the GPS already or a laser rangefinder is the better tool for that sort of player.

i have a golf logix gps its really good about 200 on ebay a 20 bucks a year subscription unlimeted downoads in your state.it works really good to.

Also a correction for the above comment, the annual subscription for the GolfLogix is $29.95. But unlike SkyCaddie, that is good for courses everywhere in the world, not just your home state. The last I read there are more than 22,000 courses available worldwide for the GolfLogix.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

WOW...I read every post in this thread. Never understood why some members get so mad about repeat threads. Especially when they take the time to post on it instead of ignoring.

Anyway my take on the gps!!!

I have known several people with skycaddie and other brands and have been to courses with the gps systems on the carts. I have a range finder and it is not uncommon for me to find a 8 to 10 yrd. discrepancy between gps and my range finder. I have played with 2 guys that have sky caddies and they have stood side by side and had 4 yrd discrepancies. Now 4 yrds isnt that much, but it was surprising. Im not even sure how its possible but I witnessed it. And just so you know I have checked the accuracy of my range finder with other range finders and its spot on. I think for most golfers +/- 4 yrds isn't going to matter, especially outside of 150.

My preference is the Bushnell with PinSeeker technology. Easy to hit the flag and has been very durable and reliable.

I think either is better than guessing, especially on new courses or ones with minimal yardage markers.

909 D3 with Diamana White X
909 F3 15degree with Aldila Vodoo
ZM Forged 2-PW
Voley 56 and 60
Studio Newport 1.5 PRo V1X

I did some checking with the SG-5 and a laser yesterday evening. One of us would hold the pin in the center of the green while the other one used the electronics. Since our course was closed for maintenance, it was a great time to do this testing. Here's what I found out........

I went through the first 14 holes (just riding and checking..no playing) and the SG5 was within 1-2 yards of the laser at the 200 and 150 yard marks. On the 15th hole, it was off by 7 yards at the 200 yard plate, but was dead on at the 150 plate. Strange.......

Anyway, the SG5 was well within what I would call "acceptable" ....except for one thing that I found out. On one of the par 3s, it read the same as the laser from the tee box to the center of the green. BUT...the reading to the front of the green with the intelligreen feature was off by 8 yards! Granted, this is the only time that I found this error, it was still concerning. Other readings to the front/back on all 17 other greens was accurate within 1-2 yards.

Now here's the GOOD part........

I called SkyGolf this morning, and reported the error and asked them if they had any suggestions. They seemed VERY concerned, and said they would get someone out to the course in the near future to re-check the measurements on that hole and would update their map, and they took my e-mail address and said they would send me an e-mail when it was corrected and would provide instructions for updating the map I already had downloaded! Nice.........

Not THAT'S customer service. I have heard reports that their CS is lacking, but I had a very good experience with them.

Just thought I'd pass this along.

You act like your wife left you for a GPS unit.

Dang. lol
What's in my Nike Sasquatch Tour Stand Bag:

L4V 9.5F Driver
909F2 13.5* VooDoo Stiff Flex Shaft
VR Forged Split Cavity 3-PW Custom Newport 2.6 Vokey Spin Milled 56.11 Wedge 60.10 SV Tour Wedge Diablo Golf Balls / ZIP Golf Balls SG 2.5

Dang. lol

Please, let's not go back down that road. Let's stick to GPS.

---"Be the ball"---

IN THE Hoofer Vantage BAG:
Driver: F-Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV-F
Woods: F-Speed LD 3 & 5, Aldila NV-FIrons: S9 3-PW, NS-Pro 900XH SteelWedges: CG10 52° & Spin Milled 56.10Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: Pro V1x SG4

I did some checking with the SG-5 and a laser yesterday evening. One of us would hold the pin in the center of the green while the other one used the electronics. Since our course was closed for maintenance, it was a great time to do this testing. Here's what I found out........

It sounds good, but I'd wait until I see the results before I start singing their praises.... talk is cheap. Just call me cynical...

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

WOW...I read every post in this thread. Never understood why some members get so mad about repeat threads. Especially when they take the time to post on it instead of ignoring.

OFF TOPIC>>>>> 65withatriple I count 15 clubs
In the bag.....
Burner Superfast
G10 3wd UST V2
hybrid
MP-32 CG10/11 52*,56*,58*,60* wedges Squareback Pro V1Bushnell 1500 Pinseeker T.E. laser range finderBushnell Neo GPS

LOL...Your a good counter. I take out one club if I need to....usually the 52 or 2 hybrid depending on the course.

909 D3 with Diamana White X
909 F3 15degree with Aldila Vodoo
ZM Forged 2-PW
Voley 56 and 60
Studio Newport 1.5 PRo V1X

Note: This thread is 5519 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!