IGNORED

R9 --just tried it

Note: This thread is 5456 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm pretty sure it's not. Its less than 460CC IIRC.

yeah they were trying to market it to more "serious players", too bad any serious player they aren't paying 3 million dollars to use their r9 wont touch that piece of sht.

The R9 was a serious dissapointment, i didnt know they were making one, and when i found out about it I JUST HAD TO TRY IT. Too bad it makes ANY ball feel like a rock hard top flite coming off the face.. does anyone else hate that?

• Administrator
yeah they were trying to market it to more "serious players", too bad any serious player they aren't paying 3 million dollars to use their r9 wont touch that piece of sht.

Don't know why everyone seems to feel that way. It's not that bad. I like it. Not as much as my 909D3, but close.

Too bad it makes ANY ball feel like a rock hard top flite coming off the face.. does anyone else hate that?

Hasn't been my experience at all. It doesn't feel as great as some drivers I've hit, but it feels better than a whole bunch of others. I'd put it in the 60th percentile somewhere.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Don't know why everyone seems to feel that way. It's not that bad. I like it. Not as much as my 909D3, but close.

whats your ss? mines like 100-105 maybe?

the reason i ask is it seems 110 mph+ ss like the driver better?

• Administrator
whats your ss? mines like 100-105 maybe?

108-112. It's gone up the past year or two with better technique. I doubt a 5 MPH difference makes that big a deal re: the feel.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I hit it the other day, and I liked but the next club I hit was the Speedline and it was money! It is already ordered and going to be in my bag in T minus 12 days. I CAN'T WAIT!

I really like the R-9 if you learn how to use it properly and learn the club settings it can be a huge advantage. i spent some good time with a TM fitter and i was happy with results. I also compared it with the FT-9, R-7 Limited and TM Tour Burner. I recommend spending alot of time playing with your new toys before you buy if you are going to spend the money.

Whats in the my bag,

taylormade.gifR9 TP taylormade.gifSuperfast 3 wood Rescue 19*  712 MB (3-P KBS T shaft)  

SM4 52*,54*,60*   Pickemup 42" Belly Putter  titleist.gifPro V1x  adidas.gif 360 footwear

A guy i was playing with last weekend let me hit his R9 on the back 9. I know from previoulsy owning a r7 425 the feel and sound of the club will completley change depending on where the weights are located. Set to draw it felt softest. That being said, this particular r9 that was using felt like total crap. I was using a bridgestone b330 ball and it felt like i was hitting a rock. No feel at all.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I hit it.. i liked it.. maybe im in the minority here?

|Callaway FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5 Diamana BlueBoard| TaylorMade TourLaunch 14.5 Matrix Ozik F7M2 X| Adams Idea Pro 20 Matrix Ozik Altus X| Mizuno MP-32 4-PW TTDG S300|Titleist Vokey 50| Tour Issue Titleist Black Ni Vokey SM 54|Callaway X Forged 62 || Kirk Currie Brazos| Callaway Tour IX/...

I hit it for the first time last week. The face felt hot to me, not as hot as my G10, but hot. FWIW my SS is approx 114 and it was about 35 degrees out when I hit it. I'm looking forward to hitting it in Florida next week.
In the bag

909D3 8.5 Matrix Ozik XCon 7 X
Burner TP 14.5 Fujikura RE*AX SF TP 75 X
Idea Pro 20 RP Project X 6.0 X-Tour (2005) 4-PW RP Project X 6.0 X-Tour Chrome Wedges 50 and 54 RP Project X 5.5 X-Tour Vintage 60 w/ PM grind Teryllium Ten Newport 2 34" ProV1X

• 3 weeks later...
I just got an R9 TP 8.5 degree with Fubuki 73 x stiff. I've never hit a ball further. Not to mention the workability of the club. I LOVE IT!!

Note: This thread is 5456 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!