IGNORED

My Swing (TN94z)

TN94z
Note: This thread is 1329 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

7 minutes ago, TN94z said:

I mean, it takes less than 15 minutes to do it 3x a week. That should be a breeze.

That's just for the intro protocol. Once you add in the kneeling swings it takes a bit longer, probably like 20-25 minutes depending on how fast you go. If you go very quickly, you will likely find yourself out of breath. It's a workout.

I'd recommend at least a brief (5-10min) warmup period before hand to help with injury prevention.

But regardless of how long it takes, it does work. I have seen great progress in just under 2.5 months of using it.

My initial swings with my driver were around 100 mph at the end of October and now I am 108-110 consistently. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

22 minutes ago, klineka said:

That's just for the intro protocol. Once you add in the kneeling swings it takes a bit longer, probably like 20-25 minutes depending on how fast you go. If you go very quickly, you will likely find yourself out of breath. It's a workout.

I'd recommend at least a brief (5-10min) warmup period before hand to help with injury prevention.

But regardless of how long it takes, it does work. I have seen great progress in just under 2.5 months of using it.

My initial swings with my driver were around 100 mph at the end of October and now I am 108-110 consistently. 

Right. I did not specify which protocol, but I was referring to the starter protocol since i just got them. I was planning on incorporating the workouts into our crossfit workouts we do at home so we will for sure be warming up before hand. I am 40 so getting warm, for me, is a necessity...haha.

That is very promising reading your results. I am hoping me and my son both experience the same type progress.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Started the super speed training tonight. I got a new baseline after I warmed up and it was 115. Jacob got 116. So we went through the first protocol and brought the radar back out for the last 3 swings. New speed readings were 127 for me and Jacob stayed at 116. It seems like it’s going to be some great training. It was a little more tiring than I thought it would be. I think we had more fun laughing at each other’s weak side swings more than anything...haha. Pretty excited to see the results after a few weeks. 

Still waiting on the super wet conditions to get out of here so I can hit the range for some videos. I’m really anxious to get started on my swing changes. 

Bryan A

Worked on the 2nd night of the superspeed protocol. It went good. Left handed swing felt a little better. My body just does not want to turn left handed...lol. It doesn't look like the rain is ever going to stop so I will be getting my net out at some point this week and getting some video to show what I am currently experiencing and get some advice on what part I need to make the priority piece. I pretty much know what it will be (hips stalling on the downswing), but want to make sure that's what needs to be my priority.

Good news is that Jacob was one of two guys on his high school team that was pulled out of class yesterday and chosen by a local D1 college to attend a seminar they are hosting talking to them about college golf. There were only 12 golfers in our area invited because the college wanted it to be more one on one with each golfer. So we will be going to that in a couple of weeks. 

Bryan A

We started the 2nd week of the first protocol last night. My left handed swing is getting much better..not that I care that much but it has made some good improvements. Jacob's speed has increased to 119. Mine is staying steady at 127. Just for comparison's sake, my left handed speed is 103...lol.

We are all signed up for the D1 seminar in a couple of weeks. I called and talked with the host and there are going to be 4 players there talking with our juniors about how they got to the college level, what it takes to compete at that level, what is expected from the team, etc.... It is being held at a local robogolf center. I had heard about it but never thought much of trying it out. One of Jacob's friends (he just signed with the college holding the seminar) has been using it religiously the past year or so and told Jacob that it is the only thing that ever gave him the "feeling" that all his other swing coaches were trying to get him to feel. He said that it is the reason for his huge improvement in his game. So Jacob wants to give it a try. I went ahead and booked him a lesson after our seminar just to see what it's about. Maybe it will make something click with Jacob. I don't mind taking the chance on it if it could somehow help him.

Bryan A

(edited)

Well, the range finally opened today so we went and put some work in. I got a DTL and FO video that I will post here. I also signed back up with Evolvr today to get started on these swing issues. I cannot wait to get this stuff corrected and score to my potential. I have decided that I am going to give a 100% go this year and see just how good I can get.

Edited by TN94z
  • Thumbs Up 1

Bryan A

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, TN94z said:

Well, the range finally opened today so we went and put some work in. I got a DTL and FO video that I will post here. I also signed back up with Evolvr today to get started on these swing issues. I cannot wait to get this stuff corrected and score to my potential. I have decided that I am going to give a 100% go this year and see just how good I can get.

Good for you! Looking forward to following the progress.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

My initial problems are weight on my heels instead of more toward the balls of my feet, right knee is flaring out on the back swing, and my chest is pointing up more than downward in the back swing. These are things that i have worked on in the past that have crept back in with my time off from playing. So, I really believe these will be quicker fixes with some steady mirror work.

Bryan A

(edited)

I have been working on my drills for Evolvr. I cannot believe how bad I have allowed my swing to get....but that's another discussion. I will post videos up once I start making a little progress. My turn starts off pretty good but at about A3 my hips just freeze and I get a little slide back instead. I think it's time to start working some hip flexibility drills along with everything else. I have to get these pieces fixed as this is what is causing the nasty looking impact with flip and chicken wing...ugh

One of my drills was to work on these positions while hitting my 7i about 50% distance. I didn't get any videos while doing this but the contact was really good, so I must have been in the range of where I needed to be. Even my full swings have improved greatly with just a couple of small tweaks....long way to go unfortunately.

I'm going to do more mirror work this week and then I'll post some videos to show any progress..embarrassing at the moment.

Also, we went to a college day seminar this past weekend at a Robogolf facility. Jacob wanted to try it out so I got him a lesson. I somewhat thought it was gimmicky but what the heck. Total eye opener for Jacob! No joke. It made him "feel" where he was supposed to be during a swing rather than someone trying to statically make him feel it or try to explain what it should feel like. It changed his swing immediately. Obviously, he has some drilling to do but he told me that was the first time it actually clicked as to where the club should be and where he was messing up. So I believe it was worthwhile.

Edited by TN94z

Bryan A

Worked on swing speed again last night. This is the 5th week but I decided to do another week of the first protocol because I have only been able to get in 2 days a week so far. Last night I hit a new high of 130mph. So there is some improvement there. I went through a week of actually swinging 1mph slower than my base. But then last night it jumped up big.

I have also started working on hip flexibility to go along with my evolvr drills. I have made some improvement with my drills but still have a little more work to do to actually hit the correct positions on this piece. I'm hoping to get a new video sent in this weekend, but may need to work another week on the drills if the video doesn't show more improvement.

Bryan A

• 2 weeks later...

Still working on the same drills in the living room. It is so wet around here right now. The good news is that we have been granted access to a simulator, so it won't matter if it's too wet or not now...we can hit some balls. I'll get some video as soon as I can for this thread so I can keep up with my progress a little better here.

Bryan A

I haven't done my swing speed training in a week because I have spent my time drilling my evolvr stuff. I have made great progress on my back swing and now we are working on some address issues. One of which is I have had a pretty straight back at address. I am working on having a more rounded back. I am going to post two videos, one of which shows my straight back and one that show me working on my rounded back. Am I on the right track here? i ask because it felt very awkward, but I know that is a good sign most of the time. I didn't slow these down because it's mainly my address position that I am worried about. And I was exaggerating on the rounded back feel as well. Also, my instructor wants my face to be more square to the ball instead of just looking at it through the bottoms of my eyes. So basically, looking down more.

Edited by TN94z

Bryan A

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Yes, looks better. It might not have to be that rounded, but it was a bit straight the first time.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 2 weeks later...

I swear, we cannot catch a break on this weather. It hasn't been dry enough for the range in months, it seems. The one day that it was actually open, I have to work. I'm hoping this rain goes away for a bit so I can get some work done. I mean, I am making practice swings in my living room when I can but I need to see some ball flight and have a ball sitting down there to hit to see if the picture changes when hitting balls. I think I am going to invest in a simulator for these situations...

Bryan A

Finally had a dry day to hit some balls on the range yesterday. Small bucket because it was crazy windy. Overall, not impressed at all. The only good thing is that I was only concentrating on my first two pieces from the instructor. Takeaway and a more rounded back. Other than that, it was straight pulls or pull fades in which the wind helped the fades REALLY fade! Distance was terrible, which the wind had some to do with that. Contact wasn't good. Had more mud slap me in the face from fat shots than anything. The best news is...I know it's a work in progress and will get better.

Bryan A

(edited)

Got some feedback from my latest video uploads and I am EXCITED about the things I'm working on this time!! I ran through them in my office today and I can tell already that the feel I am going to get from these drills will be picture changing. I don't know if what Stephan said just clicked in my head or what, but I am excited. One of the issues I knew in the back of my mind was going on...I just didn't know the proper way to stop it. Now I am going to run through these drills for a week or two and then I'll post some video here as well, because I have no doubts that there will be a picture change

Edited by TN94z

Bryan A

I have been working on the drills assigned to me religiously. The plan was to take this one piece at a time (which I haven't stuck with in the past) and get it right this time. So I have a video that I sent in to Evolvr last week and a video that I made last night while working on my drills. I know that hitting a ball will be different but I feel like the drills and "feel" Stephan gave me in the last listen really clicked with me. I wanted to post the two comparison videos here to see what you guys think. I feel like I made a huge change in the right direction with the instruction from my last video. I apologize in advance for the videos being full speed. That's all I have at the moment.

The first is the video I sent in last week that shows my over the top, early extension issues that have plagued me my entire life..lol

This second video was me working on the "feels" given to me by Stephan in my last instructional video. I feel like there is a huge change here. And I understand that could change with a ball there, but even working the drills in my living room, I have never had the feeling that my swing was actually in good positions until last night.

My main thoughts at the moment are rounded back at address, weight more in the balls of my feet at address, centered pivot (which I know this isn't a FO view), and from the last lesson I started working on club head not as behind me/deep on the takeaway, higher hands, and more side bend on the follow through.  In this video, I paused slightly at the top to make sure I could feel my hands in "higher" position.

Bryan A

(edited)

It's always humbling when you are working on your swing and a World Long Drive Champion is practicing right behind you...lol. It's WIll Hogue and let me say, the most impressive driving I have ever seen! I ended up talking with him for about 20 minutes. Very down to earth and cool guy.

LD2.PNG

Edited by TN94z

Bryan A

Note: This thread is 1329 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!