IGNORED

The Worst habit one of your regular golf buddies has

chriskzoo
Note: This thread is 5150 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have a buddy I play with who's a bookie so his phone rings/buzzez alot.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my dad tries to use a putter to get out of bunkers
DriverMonster Hi-Bore XLS/w Mintsubishi Diamana Fit-On M Gold Stiff 55g
Woods906F4 3 Wood/w Aldila VS Proto Fairway Stiff 80g
Hybrid3dx red 20 and 23 degree
Irons3dx red 5-pw
Wedgesharmonized sand wedge 56 degree loft and harmonize lob wedge 60 degree loftPutterWhite Hot XG SabertoothBallNoddle or ...

I use my putter to get out of bunkers. Only if the lip is low enough.

Driver: Taylormade R7
Wood: taylormade burner 3 wood
Hybrids: Jack Nicklaus 3 hybrid
Irons: Taylormade R9 TP 3-pw
Wedges: Taylormade r9 56* & Titliest Vokey 60* Putter: Odyssey WhiteHot XG #7 Ball: Nike one platinum & Bridgestone E6

I'm not on your back or anything but you've got to lighten up.

like i said that was the first time and i did let it go because it was his party but ive been with him three times since then and two times were in skin scrambles and he still doesnt give a flying F even tho the pot is like $150

WITB:

• Driver: Titleist TSR3 8.0 A3, Badazz 60g S
  • Hybrid: Cobra Baffler 17*
  • Irons: T200 P-4
  • Wedges: Callaway X Forged 48*,56*,60*
  • Putter: Ping Anser Milled 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Was browsing the Oct 2009 Golf Digest in the waiting room at a doctor's office and that was one of their "tips." I had to double-check that it really suggested it, because I've never played on a course that had a trap where you could even contemplate that. It did caution not to use it if there's a lip or you're buried, but around here, there's always at least a 6 inch lip, even if it's not up against a mound.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

like i said that was the first time and i did let it go because it was his party but ive been with him three times since then and two times were in skin scrambles and he still doesnt give a flying F even tho the pot is like $150

cash is a different matter!

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

A few friends tend to drink too much beer and get obnoxious by the end of the round. Even to the point where the throw stuff like tees and coins at you while to try to play your shot...NOT fun at all.

titleist.gif Titleist 910 D3 - Project X 6.0 7C3 Shaft  |  adams.gif Adams XTD Super Hybrid - 15 degrees  
adams.gif Adams Idea Pro A12 Hybrid - 18 degrees 
Adams CB2 - KBS Tour Shafts - 4 - PW
vokey.gif Vokey 54.10 Oil Can  |  vokey.gif Vokey 60.07 Oil Can  |  rife.gif Rife Trinidad - SuperStroke

one of my friends, while in the middle of the fairway, starts taking a piss. it is very anoying especialy while i am trying to hit. We have been kicked of multiple courses for these antics.

Get him one of these:

this happened to me today he took a drop on the GRENNNNNNN not only did he take a drop he took it towards the hole
Irons3dx red 5-pw
Wedgesharmonized sand wedge 56 degree loft and harmonize lob wedge 60 degree loftPutterWhite Hot XG SabertoothBallNoddle or ...

i love all these comments. i must personally know most of everybodies friends or family.

the worst thing i see in my regular group is one guy always takes a divot with his practice swing. if he takes 5 swings, 5 divots. he replaces them but i think it can't be good for the course. so if you come to a course and there is several divots in one spot, there may not have been a scramble, it may have been my buddy.

i tell him if i owned the course and saw him, i would kick him off.

A took a lesson the other day and it changed my swing. I was hitting the ball really good and then I hit one bad shot and my dad goes "You're going back to your old swing!" I'm fourteen so I can't be rude or I'll get in trouble but I try and tell him it was one shot. He acts like I'm a scratch golfer.

my dad does that to me to

Irons3dx red 5-pw

I haven't seen this one yet, and it's more of a pet peeve... Almost everyone I know that I golf with will pull the cart "off to the side" and into the grass around the tee boxes and greens, as if they're parking a car against the curb of the street. The result is dirt/mud tracks just off the cart path (obviously, they're not the only ones doing that). I've pointed it out to them, but to no avail. I always notice courses where they either put up a barrier (or gravel) at these areas. lol.

Texting, texting, texting! There should be a no texting rule on the course. Aren't we there to get away from all that? I say, play already!

Funny I remember when cell phones would get you the death stare on the golf course. But now with texting and in my case GPS of the course on my cell I feel guilty but pull it out before just about every shot (for GPS).

In my SasQuatch carry bag.
909D2 9.5* (Aldila Voodo Shaft)
FT 3W 15* (Fujikura E370 Shaft Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 21* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 24* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)Irons: X22 Tour 5 thru PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300) 2* upright (also...

Note: This thread is 5150 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!