IGNORED

The Worst habit one of your regular golf buddies has

chriskzoo
Note: This thread is 5177 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have a buddy I play with who just started playing and has gotten decent I guess (30+ HDCP to 20+). He manages to give my other buddies advice on how to swing and whatnot when he has a terrible out-to-in swing path. He apparently says he "tries" to do that.

He never, I mean EVER finishes a hole to the point the ball is actually in the cup. He 3 putts most of the time, and picks up the ball before he gets it in. But what irks me is that he doesn't count that last stroke. So a "bogey" to him should really be a double.

Oh and I shot a 78 on our local course and was pretty proud of that. He goes and says to me, "yeah, this course boosts egos, it's a very easy course." Yet he shot a 112. Go figure.

Other than these things, he's a good guy and is my buddy but these things just irk me.

- Tour Issue Taylormade R7 Superquad TP Matrix Ozik Xcon 5 X-stiff
- Nike Dymo 3 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff
- Nike Dymo 5 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff- Nike Blades 3-PW S300- Nike SV Tour 50* 54* 58* S400- Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Beach- Nike Tour D

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worst habit, BEING LATE!! There have been times when one of the guys that I regularly play with has been 20 minutes to 30 minutes late for a tee time, luckily we just let the others go off ahead of us and fill in the tee-time that opens up (e.g. we have a 9:35 tee time we let the 9:50 go off and then we just take the 9:50 slot ... ) ... I hate him for that!
In my Bag:

Driver: Burner 10.5* Stiff shaft
3 WoodBurner 15* stiff shaft
5 WoodBurner 18* stiff ShaftHybrid3DX (18.5*)Irons: (4-LW):Putter: Rossa Indy SportBalls: Reds

I have a buddy I play with who just started playing and has gotten decent I guess (30+ HDCP to 20+). He manages to give my other buddies advice on how to swing and whatnot when he has a terrible out-to-in swing path. He apparently says he "tries" to do that.

You ever play Pilgrims Oak?

well when my dad makes one bad shot he gets rather angry which distracts me and affects me, but if i hit a good shot he feels proud therefore taking the anger away

Worst habit, BEING LATE!! There have been times when one of the guys that I regularly play with has been 20 minutes to 30 minutes late for a tee time, luckily we just let the others go off ahead of us and fill in the tee-time that opens up (e.g. we have a 9:35 tee time we let the 9:50 go off and then we just take the 9:50 slot ... ) ... I hate him for that!

thats gotta be the worst

RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Yea. he just stands in the middle of the fairway. I can only amagine how much grass he kills.

i would hate being the next golfer that comes along that has to hit out of his puddle of urine. thats just gross

Easy solution: Just go out and have the pro shop drive him out to the 2nd or 3rd hole when he gets there. I guarantee you do that too him twice and he'll never be late again.

Titleist 910D3 8.5* Aldila RIP
Titleist 910F 13.5* Diamana Kai'li
Nickent 4DX 20* and 24*
Tour Preferred 5-PW
52.08, 56.14, 60.04 Titleist Vokey

Odyssey Metal-X #9 Putter

Pro V1x

You ever play Pilgrims Oak?

Not yet. I'm actually playing there the first week of April. Should be great!

- Tour Issue Taylormade R7 Superquad TP Matrix Ozik Xcon 5 X-stiff
- Nike Dymo 3 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff
- Nike Dymo 5 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff- Nike Blades 3-PW S300- Nike SV Tour 50* 54* 58* S400- Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Beach- Nike Tour D

Kool If you play from the tips it may hand you your lunch...there are several uphill 4's and 5's so drive well or it will be a long day...9th hole is a tuff par 5 with a 240 yd carry to get over a valley of lite rough... then 300+ more yrds up hill of 100 ft ascent....I just played a course out of the area with a 72 rating and 137 slope and Pil OAK was much nastier than this ***** cat...they class it at 139 slope i think...

I BRING FOLKS FROM DELAWARE TO THIS PLACE AND THEY WHINE AND WHINE THIS COURSE IS TOO HARD,,,,,,HAVE Fun..

My brother-in-law randomly disappears into the trees to shag balls even if he has not hit into the trees. I have to constantly stay on him and remind him that we have to play behind the group in front not ahead of the group behind.

-E

In my Grom bag:

Driver........... Burner 9.5* S-Flex
3-Wood......... Burner 15* S-Flex
5-Wood......... Ovation 18* S-FlexIrons............. Pro Combos 3,5-PW Rifle 6.0Wedges......... CG12 52.10, 56.14, 60.10Putter............ 33" VP1 Milled PutterBall................ e6+ or B330-SRangefinder.....

He never, I mean EVER finishes a hole to the point the ball is actually in the cup. He 3 putts most of the time, and picks up the ball before he gets it in.

We have a guy in our weekly skins game who, if the putt wasn't a potential skin for par or birdie, he would pick it up.

In a skins format, that's fine, but he would then see who shot what and say how he finished third or tenth or whatever. Me, I could care less, but some of the guys would be grumbling at these antics Knowing how these guys like to gamble, I started the betting on number of putts per round. Problem solved. Everything gets holed. Not so much bragging about low score from this guy either.

Unfortunately, All of the following are about my Father-In-law, but he has improved since he started playing a couple years ago.

1)Walks directly on your putting line 3 to 5 times per round.
The Fix - Catch him before he gets to the line and remind him where my mark is.

2)If he putts out first, he will stand 18 inches from the cup waiting for you to finish.
The Fix - I just stare at him and he looks at me like, why is he starring at me, then the light comes on and he takes a couple steps back away from the hole.

3)Is a absolute master of jingling change in his pocket while others putt. He sounds like a (add explitive) wind chime.
The Fix - I've never actually corrected him on this, I guess I'm use to it but It probably drives others who are not use to it crazy!

4)Thinks that when he hits a ball into the woods he cannot vacate the woods until he has either found his ball, or 3 others to make up for the one he just lost,,,,,,huge sigh!!!
The Fix - As soon as he takes one step into the woods I constantly remind him that there is a group behind us. This usually cuts his search time in half.

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

I used to go ball hunting in the timber about once a week at HS practice. About 15 mins and 60 balls a time. But we were usually the only 3 or 4 people on the course, or we stood aside or left one guy by the teebox to call people through. There is a hole with a cornfield that isnt planted anymore along the entire right OB of a par 5, 2 holes later is a 90* dogleg to the right with timber inside of the "L" bend.

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

Several of my friends are pretty good golfers but don't keep an updated handicap. It becomes annoying when we are trying to arrange a true match and they want to guess on how many strokes to give or take

My buddy after the round, "man you play slow"

My buddy during the round. Click click click click (trying to light a cigarette in 30 mph winds), what was that yardage again? Can you bring the cart back I got the wrong club. You know I remember one time I playing this course with __________and he hit a _________ from here bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla.

Me during the round- Just hit the $@#^&!!! ball!!!!

More clearly put, he is a slow player that thinks everyone around him plays slow.

-Beane

Why do you people play with these A** Holes!?!?!?!

Seriously, for most of the stuff written here, I'd never invite, or accept an invitation back.

"take a couple weeks off - then quit for good"

- X-460 Tour 10.5 Fujikura Stiff
- War Bird 15deg 3 Wood
- MX-23 Irons
- Vokey 52 + 55deg wedges
- 900 60deg Low Bounce - Studio Design 1.5 - Pro V1x - SG4Sun Mountain Carry and Great Divider Cart Bags.

Why do you people play with these A** Holes!?!?!?!

In my case, the only golfer that is sometimes annoying is my father-in-law. I'm kind of stuck with him.

Of course, he often makes up for it by paying for my round as well as his...so he's not all bad.

Slim 11
Driver: Cobra F-Speed 10.5*
3 wood: Cobra F Speed
5 wood: Cobra F Speed
Irons: Cobra 3100H/I 3-PWSW: Pixl 56*Putter: Monza Rossa MalletBall: Slazenger Raw Feel

Note: This thread is 5177 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!