IGNORED

The Worst habit one of your regular golf buddies has

chriskzoo
Note: This thread is 5170 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

One of the guys I golf with has this routine before he hits the ball, he points his back foot down his intended target line and then does all this wiggle waggle stuff and then makes a practice swing, and then another practice swing and sometime 3 or 4 more. Then he starts all over, this time actually adressing the ball, which he freezes over for about 15 seconds and then swings out of his shoes at the ball. I've never played with anyone as slow as him, good news is he doens't like early morning tee times, most of the rest of us do, so we get a 6:30 tee time and then he won't show up!

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one's easy. I have a contemporary who grunts like Monica Seles every time he hits the ball. It doesn't matter whether he's on the tee or 100 yards out, he lets go. Unreal. I'm used to it and it doesn't really bother anyone because obviously no one else is hitting at the time, but it is both annoying and funny.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

I hate complainers. You know the guys that have a comment about every missed shot, or missed putt... "I would have made that 2 footer if it had not hit the ball mark", or "Must have been a gust of wind that made me miss club by 25 yards". The worst is when all is said and done and in the clubhouse drinking a beer to have to hear the whole round over again. I'm thinking to myself.. "I watched it the first time, I don't need a play by play on why you shot 92 instead of 85." Some of the better golfers are the worst at it. It's a contagious condition, so I have to be careful as I don't want to catch that bug.

My swing thoughts:

- Negative thinking hurts more than negative swinging.
- I let my swing balance me.
- Full extension back and through to the target. - I swing under not around my body. - My club must not twist in my swing. - Keep a soft left knee

We play a foot from the hole is typically a "gimmee" during casual play. But one playing partner doesn't seem to like to count that "gimmee" shot. There has been more than one argument about it when we were adding up scores at the end of the round. I guess he just doesn't get it, so when we play for real, I tend to make everyone hole out now, because of him.

Iv'e got a golf buddie whose a 20 handicap who tries to give everyone we play with unsolicited advice to everyone we play with. the only problem is that hes such a nice guy no one wants to tell him to shut up

Forget your opponents; always play against par. ~Sam Snead

Sumo2 5900 9.5, ProForce V2 stiff
Diablo 3w
Baffler TWS 3h MP57 4-pw VR wedge 52.10, 56.14 TPz 60.06 Studio Style Newport 2 SG5ProV1x

We play a foot from the hole is typically a "gimmee" during casual play. But one playing partner doesn't seem to like to count that "gimmee" shot. There has been more than one argument about it when we were adding up scores at the end of the round. I guess he just doesn't get it, so when we play for real, I tend to make everyone hole out now, because of him.

I remember the first time I told my brother, "pick it up - that's good". It was after he lagged one to about 6 inches from about 30 feet away. He gave me a funny look (equal parts disappointment, confusion, and disgust). He thought I was saying his first put was close enough. After I explained his next putt was a "gimme". He said something about, "then I won't have any trouble knocking it in", which he did. He's a good guy to golf with. Actually all my regular playing partners are really good guys to golf with. I have no complaints with them. Maybe I'm one of the oblivious goofballs everyone is complaining about? Hmm . . .

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Everyone I golf with does gimmes and I hate it. I want to see the ball go in the hole.

This thread is awesome. One of my biggest pet peeves is with my best friend. Ive known him since I was a freshmen in highschool. I hit the range all the damn time and play a lot..(11-12 rounds a month) My buddy usually plays once or twice a month. When we play together he hits trees for the kick into the fairway, or catches the perfect blade of grass to turn his putt into the cup. The worst is when he thins a show really bad and it skips TWICE across a lake onto the green. Bastard is usually my toughest competition and he gets soooo lucky! LOL I love playing with him though cuz he tries some really dumb stuff sometimes. Like instead of hitting out from behind a tree, he will pull the cart up next to him and full swing bounce his ball off the cart and online to the green.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'll play a couple rounds with my old roommate and sometimes I ask myself, "why do I invite him?" My wife asks me the same thing because she knows he annoys the fire out me sometimes. He's a good guy and all, but this social skills need improving.

First, he'll talk about how far he can hit the ball. He'll go on and on how when he was a teen he would hit it like 300 yards on a regular basis. Then when we walk up to the tee box he'll have his hybrid out and I'll pull out my driver (cuz he can't hit his driver) and he'll still insist on me hitting first, cuz he thinks I don't hit as far.

Next, whenever somebody else hits a bad shot he'll say "whoa". Oh I hate that with a passion.

I remember this one time I went to the driving range with him and he'll pull out his 09 TM Burner and he'll go on and on how he had to get a stiff shaft because the pro told him his swing speed is fast so he needs stiff. Well he'll go to hit it and hits a huge slice. He'll turn to me and say, did you see that I'm hitting it regularly 300 yards. And I'll say yeah, it went total of 300 yards, but it went 250 straight and 50 yards to the right.

He'd probably be a decent golfer if he could get a better short game and putting, but with him, it's all about distance.

Sometimes I don't know why I golf with the guy. I need some new friends.

FT-5 driver
Fybrid 3 Wood
Idea Tech A4OS 3&4 hybrids
Idea Tech A4 Forged 5-LW
588 DSG 56 wedge Carolyne putter Grom bag

nice, I'll have to try that!

Yeah it usually works out great, but when he misses the cart its even better. He actually got his ball retreiver out and got his ball out of someones swimming pool once.....just his antics on the course make me laugh so I keep playing with him.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have a friend who is a very moody person. When his game sucks he gets so depressed that I loose all the joy from my own game as well. If there are other persons in the flight (especially chicks) he handles himself ok but when we are alone he really gets both of us down. One day last summer we started in a flight of 4 and his first drive was good but after that duffs, shanks, etc. On the 2nd green he said he will leave as his game sucks.

I wonder why I play with him.

My peeve is when someone knocks my missed putt back at me and says "that's good." I usually tell them that if they're going to give me shots, let me place my approach on the green instead of giving me putts, since that's my weak area.

talking while people hit, drives me fking crazy, i dont golf with people like that :)

Superlight Stand Bag
909D2 9.5° Diamana S
909F2 15.5° Diamana S
909F2 18.5° Diamana S
AP2 Project X 5.5 3-PW Vokey Spin Milled 52° 56° 60° Studio Select Newport 2 Pro V1Home Course - http://www.huronoaks.com (Home of Mike Weir)

I'm pretty easy going about most situations but I did once play a round with a golfing buddy's friend who kept making racial comments about the group ahead of us. I told my buddy to count me out of future rounds with that guy.

The next worst thing I've seen is one of my golf buddies likes to give outcunsolicited advice. I'm not real patient with this.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

don't the tourney judges have provisions for this sort of behavior, i.e, if you shoot better than -5 or something like that it's probably cheating. I'd be pissed if some chump sandbagged me for a win, not that I'll be winning any time soon, but still.

Swing - Mulligan - Repeat

I'm pretty easy going about most situations but I did once play a round with a golfing buddy's friend who kept making racial comments about the group ahead of us.

Golf isnt Golf without racial comments lol, just joking...but man thats funny

Superlight Stand Bag
909D2 9.5° Diamana S
909F2 15.5° Diamana S
909F2 18.5° Diamana S
AP2 Project X 5.5 3-PW Vokey Spin Milled 52° 56° 60° Studio Select Newport 2 Pro V1Home Course - http://www.huronoaks.com (Home of Mike Weir)

Note: This thread is 5170 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!