IGNORED

The Worst habit one of your regular golf buddies has

chriskzoo
Note: This thread is 5172 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My best friend...

1. Consistently drives in the rough with people watching us (I really dont care if we are all alone)
2. Will hit multiple shots at each hole (usually empties out his bag on the 18th)
3. Will drop a ball down on one of those multiple shots while you are getting ready to hit.
4. Shows up at 1:59PM for a 2PM tee time or call and ask for you to pick up the round for him because he's running late and
will get you back later, which he never does.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a buddy who says "nice shot" without even looking at the shot. More than 1/2 the time, a person would hit a bad shot, and he still says "nice shot".

I played with a guy that said "you're going to love it!" right after the ball left your club face. Problem is sometimes by the time it landed my partner and I weren't loving it. Now we say it only when someone hits a comical shot or soemthing equally ridiculous.

I played with a guy that said "you're going to love it!" right after the ball left your club face. Problem is sometimes by the time it landed my partner and I weren't loving it. Now we say it only when someone hits a comical shot or soemthing equally ridiculous.

LOL Myself and some of the guys I golf with do that often as well. We had the habit of also saying "Great shot!" just before impact. Good times, good times.

In my stand Bag:

R7 Superquad 10.5* Fujikura REAX 65-S
Hi-Bore XLS 19* Hybrid Dynamic Gold S300
MP-60 4 thru PW Dynamic Gold S300 .588 REG 54* SW Vokey 58* LWSTX Greeny IV putter

The guy I golf with quite often always tells me where to aim my putts. It drives me crazy.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

As opposed to not aiming?

In my 's bag:
Driver: HiBore XLS 10.5, Fujikara Red R Flex shaft, and Winn PCI grip
3w, 5w: HiBore XLS Fujikara Gold R Flexshaft, and Winn PCI grips
Irons: Viper HT heads, True Temper XL Lite shafts, and Winn PCI grips
Putter: XG #9 35"Ball: TP II

My dad after teeing off on EVERY hole has to walk the whole tee box and pick up any full sized tees cause hes too cheap to buy tees haha. Since everyone know tees are SOO expensive.

In my Ogio Budlight Bag
Taylormade R11 Driver | Big Bertha Diablo 3W | Tight Lies 5W & 7W |
Big Bertha Diablo 24 degree hybrid | Slingshot 4D 5-PW, AW Irons | SV Tour 56* wedge |
Detour Newport 2 | Noodle Ball | Golf Logix GPS

As opposed to not aiming?

Yea. Sometimes when he's not with me I hit it the wrong way and off the green.

Career Bests:

Home Course:

2) Mayfair Country Club

I play with a guy who wears cologne in excess. You're outside to smell the fresh air and all you can smell for the entire round is Stetson for men. If you get stuck in the cart with him....OH BOY! And add to the fact that he never knows where his ball is. I see it fly over the trees, two holes over and he doesn't believe me. All he'll say is " I know I hit it good, I'll take a look "

My only other issue are people who always want to play but won't make tee times. But will call you every Friday to see where "we" are playing on Saturday.
Tools of the trade: Red=Pics
2.0 Push Cart
V14 Club Count Cart Bag
Driver - Nike SQ Dymo 2 HL w/Cleveland Headcover
Fairway Wood - Hibore XLS 5 WoodHybrids - Hibore 3,4,5Irons - CG Gold 6-PWWedges - CG14 52 & 60 CG15 - 56 Degree Custom Squareback 1

I have a friend who is a very moody person. When his game sucks he gets so depressed that I loose all the joy from my own game as well. If there are other persons in the flight (especially chicks) he handles himself ok but when we are alone he really gets both of us down. One day last summer we started in a flight of 4 and his first drive was good but after that duffs, shanks, etc. On the 2nd green he said he will leave as his game sucks.

Sounds exactly like a guy I play with. When he's playing bad he gets so depressed and it makes me play poorly too. Sometimes when he's playing poorly and getting down on himself he won't say a word for two or three holes.

Career Bests:

Home Course:

2) Mayfair Country Club

I play as a single quite often and in my area, most courses won't let you go off as a single... they'll pair you up with a group. I meet quite a few interesting characters this way... most are nice and just go about their own games, but others get on my nerves quickly. For the most part, I find random playing partners to be WAY better than regulars.

I played in a few tournaments last year. Had the opportunity to play with one guy three separate times throughout two different tournaments. He was a nice guy... not real good, but neither am I. He had an awful swing, but it worked for him... but he had the odd shot that would stray 40+ yards offline and kick into trees, deep rough or whatever. I've ALWAYS kept an eye on someone else's shot... just in case. I'd say in the three rounds we played together, I probably saved him ten strokes (easily) by spotting his errant shots. Sadly, he never spotted ANY of my shots (good, bad or otherwise). I had a few times where sun played a part in me losing sight of my ball and I'd have to hit a provisional and subsequently PLAY that provisional because we were unable to find the original ball.

Another thing he did that got to me was mention things that just added pressure to me. The first round we played together in the first tournament is the best example. First hole I got off to a rocky start with a double bogey on a fairly straight-forward par 4. Next hole is a 220 yard par 3. I used a 3 wood into a stiff breeze and put it within 15 feet. I dropped the putt for the birdie. Later on in the round, got to the sixth hole... another par 3. Downhill, maybe 165 yards. I hit my 6 iron nice and smooth, it kicked off the hill and nearly went in... but let me a 30 footer or so. Again, I dropped it for birdie. The next par 3 was number twelve. About 150 yards over a nasty mess to an elevated green. My 7 iron landed softly, but short of the tier I needed to reach. Left me an uphill putt of about 25 feet. Drained it. So we get to number sixteen, the final par 3 on the course, and he's yappin' on the tee while we're waiting for the green to clear about how he's NEVER seen anybody birdie all the par 3's on a course. A tournament marshall comes up and he tells the marshall about how I've birdied the other par 3's. Now the marshall says HE'S never seen anyone birdie all these par 3's. This hole is about 185, all carry over water. I get up to the ball... and now I've got ideas in my head... and *SPLASH*... dropped my ball, put it over the green, then chipped to a tough pin... it ran off into a bunker... blasted out and then two putted for a tidy quadruple bogey seven. I missed playing in the final group in the second round (of two) by 2 strokes.

Not knowing how the leader was doing screwed with my head big time in the final round and when I finally got wind of it on the 11th tee... I just completely lost concentration because I was about 7 strokes back and finished 16 strokes higher than I did in the first round.

So... I'd say my biggest pet peeve is ALSO people getting in my head. I know it's gamesmanship... but it sucks!

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have a couple different buddies that really get my goat.

the first one will always take anything within 5 foot as a gimmie.

my other buddie gets so mad sometimes that he just takes his club and slams it in the ground and then takes another shot til he gets it right. I started playing in august of 09 and he has broken 3 clubs already. wtf.

and my other buddy just thinks everything is a joke. i took him once for the start of his batchlor party day and the whole time he is just hacking and hacking and takes like 15 swings a whole and then tells me he got a par when i double. wtf seriously WTF

WITB:

• Driver: Titleist TSR3 8.0 A3, Badazz 60g S
  • Hybrid: Cobra Baffler 17*
  • Irons: T200 P-4
  • Wedges: Callaway X Forged 48*,56*,60*
  • Putter: Ping Anser Milled 

Its his bachelor party day dude give him a break, although the next time break his balls about that.

In my 's bag:
Driver: HiBore XLS 10.5, Fujikara Red R Flex shaft, and Winn PCI grip
3w, 5w: HiBore XLS Fujikara Gold R Flexshaft, and Winn PCI grips
Irons: Viper HT heads, True Temper XL Lite shafts, and Winn PCI grips
Putter: XG #9 35"Ball: TP II

Its his bachelor party day dude give him a break, although the next time break his balls about that.

that was the first time i took him and i did give him a break but hes invited himself a couple of other times and still does it.

WITB:

• Driver: Titleist TSR3 8.0 A3, Badazz 60g S
  • Hybrid: Cobra Baffler 17*
  • Irons: T200 P-4
  • Wedges: Callaway X Forged 48*,56*,60*
  • Putter: Ping Anser Milled 

He was just being nice.

That couldn't have been the first time somebody was like that to you was it?

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

and my other buddy just thinks everything is a joke. i took him once for the start of his batchlor party day and the whole time he is just hacking and hacking and takes like 15 swings a whole and then tells me he got a par when i double. wtf seriously WTF

I'm not on your back or anything but you've got to lighten up.

It was only a friendly round of golf and it was his party.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Post came up twice

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex

My brother in law...

1) waits till groups ahead are practically on the green before he hits...his average drive is about 160 yards.
2) takes practice swings till he makes a crater size divot.
3) constantly violates dress codes
4) takes cell phone calls even if it's his turn to hit
5) talks in my back swing
6) can't keep track of his score
and
7) if he has to use the restroom, he insists on going only at the club house...no matter what hole we're on!

pray for me

Bag:ogio.gif SULTAN----titleist.gifDriver: 9.5* 909D Comp-----titleist.gif3W: 15* 909F3
titleist.gif5W: 18* 906F2----titleist.gifHybrid: 21* 909H----titleist.gifIrons: AP1's stiff
Wedges:vokey.gif 56*.14 & 60*.10----odyssey.gifPutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball Blade
golflogix.gif

My brother in law...

I am praying for you

Driver: Big Bertha 460, (9° Steel) | Wood: X Fairway 3W (15° Steel) | Hybrid: X 3H (21° Steel) |
Irons: 4-PW, MP-52 (TT DG S300) | Wedges: X-Forged Chrome 52°/13, 56°/15, 60°/10 (TT DG S300) |
Putter: Ping Karsten Anser

Note: This thread is 5172 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!