IGNORED

Jack vs. Tiger: Who's the Greatest Golfer?

sungho_kr

Greatest Golfer (GOAT)  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Tiger or Jack: Who's the greatest golfer?

• Tiger Woods is the man
    • Jack Nicklaus is my favorite

Tiger is the man. End of story.

And yet for some reason, "Jack is my favourite". Not really, more like "preferred", since there are only two people in this list.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I gotta go Tiger. Each is better than another when it comes to a certain aspect of the game. Tiger is the better sand player, the better putter. Jack is better at course management. However, Tiger is probably the best mental athlete of any sport this generation and last.

Can we still say that?

one bad season due to a MAJOR life changing event doesn't discount his previous years of great success.

but...i think its arguable there are other athletes in other sports that would be up there for me. that starts off with Federer's career.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

I have to go with tiger on this one. The dude was out banging different chicks everynight and still dominating everyone on the course

What's in my sunmountain.gif C-130 Bag:
callaway.gif -Razr X Black irons

RBZ 3 Hybrid

-Burner 2.0 3 wood

- Burner Driver 9.5*

SCOR Golf- 41* 45* 49* 53* 57* wedges

odyssey.gif White Ice 2 Ball Putter

-Pro V1X balls

The claim was best athlete of 2 generations yet we've had athletes who've dealt with similar or worse mental situations and fared better.

I'm not a psychiatrist (honestly) but his behaviour and personality seems like that of sociopaths you see portrayed on A&E.;

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

And yet for some reason, "Jack is my favourite". Not really, more like "preferred", since there are only two people in this list.

This is where I stand. At this stage of their careers, I have to give the edge to Tiger. But I just like Nicklaus more, so while I'm totally cool with Tiger getting to 17 majors, I hope Nicklaus remains the standard-bearer with 18.

Has to be jack,in his days,you had to make the club do some of the shots,clubs were no way as forgiving,no fancy gyms,not so much technical support,not encouraged to sart in the cradle like today,the courses were not so well,trimmed,in the rough in those days,you were in the rough
and he was a true sportsman in every sence of the word.

Jacks better, plain and simple

* was . . . ?

Has to be jack,in his days,you had to make the club do some of the shots,clubs were no way as forgiving,no fancy gyms,not so much technical support,not encouraged to sart in the cradle like today,the courses were not so well,trimmed,in the rough in those days,you were in the rough

This argument doesn't hold any merit. Tiger Woods is oldschool and a bit of a purist when it comes to golf technology. It was only recently he shifted his woods to graphite, he doesn't use hybrids and if it wasn't for all the new and improved gear Tiger would be further in front of the pack. It's made it harder for him to win.

This argument doesn't hold any merit. Tiger Woods is oldschool and a bit of a purist when it comes to golf technology. It was only recently he shifted his woods to graphite, he doesn't use hybrids and if it wasn't for all the new and improved gear Tiger would be further in front of the pack. It's made it harder for him to win.

Thanks for getting this. I've said the same thing and been attacked for it. I'm not saying Tiger is better than Jack, his career is far from over. But as you pointed out, the equipment argument is ridiculous, and if anything, works in Tiger's favor.

Jacks better, plain and simple

So Tiger only gets 15 years to do what Jack did in 25 or so?

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.