IGNORED

Jack vs. Tiger: Who's the Greatest Golfer?

sungho_kr

Greatest Golfer (GOAT)  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Tiger or Jack: Who's the greatest golfer?

• Tiger Woods is the man
    • Jack Nicklaus is my favorite

I think the sarcasm was at saturation level.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

No contest. Jack by a mile. Look what happens when these guys revert to a softer ball to hold the greens with V grooves. They hit the driver all over the map. Jack used a ball that spun much more but could still hit it 300 down the middle. If jack was given the modern ball he would have won 30 majors.

No contest. Jack by a mile. Look what happens when these guys revert to a softer ball to hold the greens with V grooves. They hit the driver all over the map. Jack used a ball that spun much more but could still hit it 300 down the middle. If jack was given the modern ball he would have won 30 majors.

They were gonna give Jack the modern ball but not let anyone else use it? Jack might have had a few more majors, but the reason has nothing to do with equipment-he just needed to cultivate a stronger short game.

Pshhh... Jack.

He's an ol' rasin now and can still beat tiger.
Driver: taylormade.gif R9 Superdeep TP 8.5* - Aldila RIP 70x | 3-Wood: taylormade.gif R9 TP 15* - Diamana Blueboard 83x | Hybrid: taylormade.gif Rescue TP 19* - Motore F3 95x | Irons: taylormade.gif RAC TP MB 3-PW - Dynamic Gold x100 | Wedges: taylormade.gif TP xFT 54.12* and 60.10* - Dynamic Gold s400 | Putter:  ping.gif Karsten Anser - 33"

I am a Tiger fan for several reasons:
He is a legend in his own right
He is what you compare others to for a sign of how good they are
He seems to be a perfectionist when it comes to his game.

ya know,... this is a silly argument,.. there will never be any way to compare the two guys and definitely say who was better, or the best,... they are both awesome, have had great success at all levels, both were totally dominating their era's, both have brilliant highlight reels, and they both played with the best equipment available,... Jacks equipment was better than the guys 20 years before him, Tigers equipment is better than Jacks but you play with the times, so it's a moot point,...
nobody knows now, nobody will ever know,...
I love to watch them both play golf,...
I just hope Tiger can over come his BIG problems he put on himself and just tie Jack in majors and then retire !
It's a tie,...!
Let's be happy we had them to watch.
Good Golf Times,...

golfer= tiger

+1 million.

Drivers: Titleist 913 D2 Aldila phenom
Fairway Woods: Titleist 910F-d
Fairway Woods: Titleist 909 F3 or

Hybrid: Taylormade tp 18 or Mp fli hi 2 iron 
Irons: Mizuno MP-52 3-pw
Wedges: TaylorMade RAC Z TP
Putters: Odyssey Black Series Tour Designs #2
Golf Bags: Titleist Blue cart bag

Shoes: Footjoy Dry joys

Golf Balls: Titleist Pro v1x

I have to go with Jack because of who he was competing against at the time. If you put Jack first or second and Tiger in the other spot, the majority of the rest of the top 10 would be players that Jack competed against. Just my two cents.

I have to go with Jack because of who he was competing against at the time. If you put Jack first or second and Tiger in the other spot, the majority of the rest of the top 10 would be players that Jack competed against. Just my two cents.

I like this. Of all the 2770 other posts that may put it in the best perspective.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades