IGNORED

Jack vs. Tiger: Who's the Greatest Golfer?

sungho_kr

Greatest Golfer (GOAT)  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Tiger or Jack: Who's the greatest golfer?

• Tiger Woods is the man
    • Jack Nicklaus is my favorite

With all due respect to Jack, my opinion is bias and limited only to what I've witnessed. I didn't take up the sport but 10 years ago and really did not follow Jacks career as I have Tigers. Tiger will have completely re-writen the record books well before he's eligable to play the seniors tour. I'm not sure if Jack was quite as dominant or has changed the landscape of the game as Tiger has. I'd say Tigers the man.

Driver -Callaway Diablo 10 deg
3 Wood - Callaway Big Bertha
Utility - TaylorMade Rescue 22 Deg
Irons - Wilson PI 7, 4-PW
Wedges - Vokie SM 52.08, 56.14, 60.10 Putter - Scotty C NewportBall - Titleist Pro V1

Well I'm going to waffle.
The greatest is;
Bobby Jones in his time
Hogan in his prime
Then Jack had his
Now it's Tiger, will his bones withstand the stress he applies to continue his record breaking pace.......stay tuned.

I am sure it's only because I have just recently got into golf, but I have to go with Tiger. I wasn't old enough to see Jack in his prime and as most do, you go with what you know. I am a product of the hype machine.

I hope tiger wins every tournament he plays in. Period, he is the best to watch, his character, and attitude for the game. But Arnie is my favorite player of all time.

Whats in the bag?
909 D3 8.5* UST Mamiya Tour Green X
909 F3 13* UST ATTAS X
909 F3 18* UST ATTAS X
909 H 21* DG S300 735cm chrome 5-PW DG S300 54.08 SM 58.04 SM 64.07 SM Studio Select Newport 2 Sonic Blue Dot...

I grew up watching Arny, when Jack came along although a great player I could never bring myself to root for him, I'm hoping Tiger keeps playing long enough to break all the records.

DonW (newbie)
ogio.gifedge bag
titleist.gifdriver 10.5* 907D1, 15* 906f2, 18* 906f2
wilson_staff.gif21* hybrid, 3-PW PI7, TW9 wedges
wilson_staff.gif: 8802, 8813, or Arnold Palmer Original
wilson_staff.gifX1 or 50

as much as I love jack, I am going to say that tiger is still the top when it comes to Golf....

I enjoy watching both Golfers, and think that playing wiht or against both would be a great Honor, i have to give the edge to Tiger.

I wasnt alive to see Jack in his prime, but from clips I have seen I would still have to go with Tiger. When they show Tiger win the masters when he was 21 and destroy the entire field, it makes the decision a little easier for me.
Da Bag

Driver Sumo 5000 9.5*
3 Wood Old School Supersteel, love it
Hybrid 3 FybridIrons tour burner 4-pwWedge 52*/58* Z wedgePutter White Hot XG #9Ball TP Red LDP

Tiger is a golfing machine, I don't know if he is even categorized asa player. Nicklaus was a fantastic player and in my experience a much funnier and nicer guy than he appears on tv

Driver: 905r 10.5
3 - Wood: 15degree
hybrid: heavenwood 20 degree
Irons: MP - 32 3-PW
Wedges: Vokey 54 and 60Putter: Anser 2 Belly

Although I think Tiger's the best, I watched Phil Mickelson laugh, smile, and high-five the fans at Riviera today. I wish Tiger could soften his game face and be more accessible to fans. I understand he's an intense competitor, but without the fans, he would not be as rich as he is.

I think they both have been good for the game. I also believe that golfers are better athletes today than they were 30 years ago. No offense to those who played during Jack"s era, but Tiger is not only a great golfer with tremendous skill, he is an amazing athlete.