IGNORED

Jack vs. Tiger: Who's the Greatest Golfer?

sungho_kr

Greatest Golfer (GOAT)  

217 members have voted

1. 1. Tiger or Jack: Who's the greatest golfer?

• Tiger Woods is the man
    • Jack Nicklaus is my favorite

i think the question is will tiger beat jacks most wins and more majors record?

because on paper jack is the better golfer with out seeing them play golf. but these days aren't like the days jack played in so who knows. until tiger beats jacks records i'd say jack is the better player

Tiger no doubt. He won on one leg.

callaway.gif X-Hot Pro 9.5 
callaway.gif X-Hot Pro 3 Deep 14.5

callaway.gif X-Hot Pro Hybrid 18 and 23
callaway.gif X-22 3-L
odyssey.gif White Ice Sabertooth
clicgear.gif 2.0 black - bushnell.gif Tour V2

Tiger changed the world of golf

My bag
R7 Draw Driver 9.0
Northwestern 3 wood
Texan 3/4 Hybrid 21 Degrees
Big Bertha 04 5-9 Irons Burner XD Wedges AW,SW,LW DFX 3300 Pro V1 & ProV1x Refurbs

I measure greatness by two factors. # of majors, and # of wins.

As of now, jack has more. So my vote goes to jack

Although Tiger has surpassed Jack in many "milestones", he has yet to surpass those benchmarks i've just highlighted. With that said, Tiger can get hit by a car tomorrow so until he achieves it, he's second-rate in my book

Andy
DRIVER∙∙∙∙∙∙ G10 10.5°
5-WOOD∙∙∙∙ G10 18.5°
3-HYBRID∙∙ G10 21°
IRONS∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙ G10 4-PW
WEDGES∙∙∙∙ CG 14 52°, 56°, 60°PUTTER∙∙∙∙∙∙ Studio Select Newport 2BALL∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙ Nike One Black

Anyone who can win a playoff on a 'bum" knee for a major championship is pretty good I must say.

2004 State Drive, Chip and Putt Champion
2005 Northern Iowa Player Of The Year
2006 Iowa Girl's Golf 2A Individual State Champion
2007 Iowa Co-Ed Golf State Champion
2007 State Drive, Chip and Putt Champion2008 Iowa Girl's Golf 2A Individual State Champion2009 College Division Iowa Junior Tour...

It's too early to say Tiger is the greatest... if he keeps up the way he is playing now for another 10 years ..he will beat every golf record easily. Tiger will one day be the greatest just because of his competitiveness.

I'm an old guy who watched Jack in the 70's, so I have to go with him for now. If Tiger keeps his singlemindedness and drive to pass Jack's records I think he'll have a legitimate claim to being called the greatest.

I've only been a golfer while Tiger has been playing. Jack sure does have some incredible courses down here in Mexico though. Played San Luis Potosi signature course a couple weeks ago and it was awesome and FREE! I'ts not what you know but who you know.

in the bag

Driver burner 10.5
3woodburner 15.
hybrid noneirons 4-L GT500wedge 52 cg12Putter heel-toe bladeball: or whatever you loose on the course

I think Tiger will eventually surpass all of Jack's records. That said, Jack played with a quarter of the technology available today. Ever tried to hit a persimen driver? Jack could hit one 300 yards straight as an arrow or working it either way.